parking at cape liberty, NJ

Arlene103

10 minutes ago, Arlene103 said:

where can I park leaving from cape liberty, NJ

Parking is right at the pier, not sure of the price.  There is a parking garage within walking distance of the entrance to the pier however last year, Summit passengers could not use it, believe they only allowed use by Anthem of the Seas.  The uncovered parking lot is very close.  Not sure what they will do this year, I believe Summit started there today so maybe we'll get reports back. 

There is never a lack of parking. However, from now through September, there are three ships here. The Summit  arrived today and the lot across from the terminal was pretty full. When the Adventure of the Seas gets here later in the month vehicles are sometimes parked in between buildings adjacent  to the surface lot. As I always tell people, you will get a spot, but garage parking is not a guarantee. 

It doesn't work that way. There is only one ship in port at a time. The garage is usually filled with Anthem cars, as one cruise returns, another fills it up. The Anthem is here all year, so logistically this works best. If space is available, I think they do put some vehicles in the garage for the other two ships, but as I said, it certainly not a guarantee. 

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago we were able to park in the garage but the last time we went(I think 2 years ago) we had to park in the open lot.  It was fine but it is not paved and can make moving luggage not that easy.  We will drop our luggage off at the terminal and then park. Just have to bring our carryon to the terminal. We leave next Sunday and I checked today and the price indicated was $22 a day. The lot is close to the terminal.

37 minutes ago, dazey said:

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago we were able to park in the garage but the last time we went(I think 2 years ago) we had to park in the open lot.  It was fine but it is not paved and can make moving luggage not that easy.  We will drop our luggage off at the terminal and then park. Just have to bring our carryon to the terminal. We leave next Sunday and I checked today and the price indicated was $22 a day. The lot is close to the terminal.

If you booked through a TA, they sometimes offer Comp parking...

I know my TA does..

bon voyage

2 hours ago, dazey said:

Can't believe with all the improvements the outdoor lot is still  not paved...How convenient is it  to drop off luggage and park...used to be a real  painful  exercise circling around,,,but  that was with the old terminal...

I will check the port board but also wonder if any cars still get spray painted from the nearby commercial area?  Ours did way back...

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Can't believe with all the improvements the outdoor lot is still  not paved...How convenient is it  to drop off luggage and park...used to be a real  painful  exercise circling around,,,but  that was with the old terminal...

I will check the port board but also wonder if any cars still get spray painted from the nearby commercial area?  Ours did way back...

We remember those spray paint days.  I believe that issue has been resolved :).

Hank

We used the garage back in Jan when we sailed Anthem.  It was very convenient.  There was a line up getting to it where you would drop off our luggage first then continued on to the garage.  I didn't notice an outdoor lot - is this new????? 

1 minute ago, Love.NCL said:

We used the garage back in Jan when we sailed Anthem.  It was very convenient.  There was a line up getting to it where you would drop off our luggage first then continued on to the garage.  I didn't notice an outdoor lot - is this new????? 

The outdoor lot is just a little beyond the parking garage.  It's like a huge courtyard with buildings and fences on three sides of it.  You should be able to see it as you exit and depart the terminal/garage area as you zig-zag out to the main road you came in on.  Maybe there weren't any cars in it at the time.

28 minutes ago, Love.NCL said:

Thanks! 

Seems like i'll have to get there extra early on May 19 to get garage parking.

Dont count on garage parking, reports from last year on this board said they did not allow garage parking for the Summit.

From your signature it looks as if you will be driving from Pittsburg.   Don’t know how far it is but something to consider is a hotel that offers “free cruise parking” and a shuttle to and from the port.    

We drive from Michigan and always do that when sailing out of NJ.  We need to spend the night before as it is a 10 hour drive for us.    Besides that we found it is a lot less stressful for someone else to drive there and not have to deal with the traffic, tolls, or making the wrong turn.   They also drop you off at the terminal and pick you up there.    It may cost you a little more but going in early can make for a shorter day plus peace of mind in the morning that you are there and the rest is up to the shuttle driver.  

We try to find a place in Elizabeth to avoid going into NY.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

23 hours ago, dazey said:

Interesting that the open lot isn't paved. We were thinking of driving but if we have to pay $22 a day to drag our suitcases over muddy dirt, we'll probably cab it. I'm guessing a Lyft won't be more than $75-80 one way for us anyway so cost-wise it's probably a wash.

the outdoor lot may have since been paved' we last parked there two years ago.  However, dropping of luggage first, parking in the unpaved lot and walking a shorty distance really is not an issue at all.  We love not having to pay for flights to go on a cruise.

We,ll have to check port board..that  unpaved lot was awful..no visible lines. Yes..very tough dragging luggage ...

We actually had to shovel out  once when we got back there after Silho..

With that, driving the Belt Pkwy from LI and the paint issue....we found it easier to cruise from Fla. Our Limo co  does not care to go there..can't blame them..

But good news about no shuttle busses anymore

Edited by hcat

Our entire family of 16 sailed out of Cape Liberty two years ago on the Anthem and we all commented how convenient it was to park all four cars. It never dawned on me when we (just 2 of us) booked the Summit for this coming August, parking could be an issue.

With the Summit, Anthem and now Adventure all sailing out of Cape Liberty this summer, does anyone know how we can verify there will be ample parking in the lots since we apparently don't have access to the garage? 

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

With the Summit, Anthem and now Adventure all sailing out of Cape Liberty this summer, does anyone know how we can verify there will be ample parking in the lots since we apparently don't have access to the garage? 

From the Cape Liberty web site:

"No reservations are necessary and parking is guaranteed."

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

22 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We remember those spray paint days.  I believe that issue has been resolved :).

Hank

Very well since we had $800 damage done to our car.

I can't believe they have not resurfaced the outdoor parking lots while only 1 ship is in port.  Last May we had to park outside.  It rained the entire week we were gone.  There were huge puddle filled craters we need to dodge while rolling our  luggage back to our car.  I am shocked they raised parking to $22. They should only charge $15 if you are forced to park outside.