Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

28 minutes ago, sportmorgan said:

Anyone have a picture of the menu at the Snack Shack (that are complimentary for the cabanas)?

That youtube video that was posted has a clear shot of the menu.

Burgers, chicken sandwich, hot dog, chocolate chip cookies, funnel cake, mozzarella sticks. 

image.thumb.png.497571e9675d4918ff5d9659d825d379.png

16 hours ago, tbretthauer1 said:

Omg is this national stupid people respond to me day?  I never said don’t go!  I said that it isn’t low key and beautiful.  That is it!  And FYI, New York is a thousand times safer than Nassau.  I never said I wouldn’t go.  Never said I was afraid to go.  I freaking went there on a cruise AFTER I stayed on the island for a week.  Never said I didn’t enjoy myself there. The horrific logical fallacies being used here are unbelievable.  Despite your straw man argument you have failed to address what I actually said.  Try reading it and then come back to me.

First of all, I'm not a stupid person. But I'm so glad that you feel that you need to imply that I am. Take it down a few notches buddy....this is literally a discussion on a cruise board.

Secondly, I literally quoted you and addressed exactly what you said. Just like you stayed in Nassau for a week, I also stayed in Aruba for a week where there were armed guards. They have them in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico as well as Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Just as you say you saw outside of Pizza Hut in Nassau. I fail to see where I didn't address exactly what you said.

My whole point is that you have you're opinion of Nassau and that's great. But do you honestly think that major cruise lines would keep going to back to the same place every.single.day. if there was that big of a threat to the thousands and thousands of customer's safety?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Snack Shack is complimentary for ALL guests, not just cabana.

They might as well list the tram & fresh water showers there too.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-much-does-perfect-day-at-cococay-cost

image.thumb.png.6e6888e9704d36d9b2ec285843fc2321.png

So you can get food at Snack Shack free or do you have to book a cabana?  Chill Grilll  or Skipper's Grill is the free buffet that is offered to all?

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince
addition

I only see two snack shacks on the map so I'd assume the other one will go in the shaded south beach area at some point.

Are both opened currently?  Maybe the one inside the thrill park will be only for those with wristbands, there on a waterpark pass or waterpark cabana and pass.

image.png.03695f510d669b4bc101dd748b9e3e5e.png

A followup question that I should know b/c I was there but when we've tendered in the past it was obvious where to rince off the sand. 

Walking back to the ship via pier, I thought I'd pass a rinse station at some point but must have missed it.  I came back with more sand on shoes than rccl likely desires.

If there is a rinse station can someone identify approximately where it is on the map?

Snack Shack doesn't look very friendly for vegetarians. Would it have killed them to toss a veggie burger on the menu? 

I assume the other dining locations have vegetarian options. 

19 minutes ago, anricat said:

Snack Shack doesn't look very friendly for vegetarians. Would it have killed them to toss a veggie burger on the menu? 

I assume the other dining locations have vegetarian options. 

I know right? I’m traveling there with a vegetarian and I’m a little concerned about what she will be able to eat besides a salad. Would have loved to see a veggie sandwich, burger or hot dog. Maybe the other dining has better options for people with dietary restrictions. 

On 5/8/2019 at 8:35 PM, tbretthauer1 said:

Natural relaxed beauty of the Bahamas?  Is there a different Bahamas somewhere that you go to?  Every cruise stop in the Bahamas lacks natural relaxed beauty.  Freeport looks like an industrial harbor and unless you take an excursion to the national park it is kind of a dump.  Nassau is pretty much a meat market at the port and overshadowed by the man made island Atlantis is on.  Not to mention the US state department has issued a warning about the Bahamas for lack of safety and high crime.  What you described sounds like a blast.  If you wanted to take a nap, you could have stayed on the ship and slept on the pool deck.  Nobody would be there.  I never understand reviews like this

Yes all of the Bahamas, as soon as you step away from the port. Perhaps you should spend some time in Eleuthera , Bimini, Abacos, Cat Island OR just  the old Coco Cay, which I assume is what they were referencing.And Freeport is gorgeous once you leave the port, as is Nassau. While the othersI listed  are not cruise ports, all the private islands of all the lines reflect the natural beauty of the Bahamas...except CoCo Cay.So you can go toGreat Stirrup Cay, Half Moon Cay, Princess Cay or even Castaway Cay and get the natural beauty of the Bahamas. Your lack of travel experience does not negate someone elses world view.

And as for the travel alerts, Bahamas has a travel alert for the US, so they feel the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAmome said:

I only see two snack shacks on the map so I'd assume the other one will go in the shaded south beach area at some point.

Are both opened currently?  Maybe the one inside the thrill park will be only for those with wristbands, there on a waterpark pass or waterpark cabana and pass.

image.png.03695f510d669b4bc101dd748b9e3e5e.png

Can anyone confirmed if there is a snack shack outside the waterpark?  Is it the same menu as the one shown?

Thanks!

Brad

On 5/7/2019 at 10:08 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yes...for the 6 people...the 7th person who pays admission in addition in that case also gets an admission wristband.

There are wristbands for the cabanas, of any kind. And a wristband for the waterpark. Though I would assume yours will be combined.

23 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Are you sure you weren’t in NY in Nassau County. These things are reported several times a day and yet I’m still alive at 58.

I think he was just in Miami by the ship. The closest Burger King has bullet proof glass and they pass you food through a small slot.

2 hours ago, Maraprince said:

So you can get food at Snack Shack free or do you have to book a cabana?  Chill Grilll  or Skipper's Grill is the free buffet that is offered to all?

MARAPRINCE

There is free food on Island . The Water Park is a separate ticketed and banded area which Snack Shack is inside of.

9 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

The Water Park is a separate ticketed and banded area which Snack Shack is inside of.

So that has been confirmed? No entry w/o a wrist band? I don't have a big interest in visiting the area but some parents in our group might like to know they could enter and look for their teens.

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

So that has been confirmed? No entry w/o a wrist band? I don't have a big interest in visiting the area but some parents in our group might like to know they could enter and look for their teens.

I read on another site (social media) that someone is reporting that anyone under 18 (yes, under 18) must have an adult enter with them. They asked because when they went to purchase admission in the cruise planner was admit that no one under 18 would be allowed to enter alone. They reached out to Royal on social media and this was confirmed. You may find that at least one parent will need a wrist band, or you will need to designate a parent to have a wrist band to be in charge of the teens. I am only reporting what I read as we don't have a cruise booked to Coco Cay until 2121.

16 minutes ago, WisconsinFan said:

I read on another site (social media) that someone is reporting that anyone under 18 (yes, under 18) must have an adult enter with them. They asked because when they went to purchase admission in the cruise planner was admit that no one under 18 would be allowed to enter alone. They reached out to Royal on social media and this was confirmed. You may find that at least one parent will need a wrist band, or you will need to designate a parent to have a wrist band to be in charge of the teens. I am only reporting what I read as we don't have a cruise booked to Coco Cay until 2121.

I was able to purchase this for 15 & 17 year olds and it never warned me and it allowed me to purchase only for this.

But after reading this, I did go to my planner and indeed it does say.

Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.

That just downright sucks.

Edited by JoeFan

Surprised the umbrellas are complimentary.  Good move.  I like it.  Will be there in a few weeks and see for myself if I like the Disneyfied version of CC or the prior more relaxed version. 

• Like 1

Confusing policies.

I am sure they are just CYA.

But they also say you can't use a GoPro on the water slides and Zipline to a helmet.

But in their own advertisements, they show people holding a GoPro and there are a bunch of videos from GoPros on water slides.

image.png.6671569f5838ff04b7ff402e2719cba7.png

• Haha 1

Straight up ugly money grab by RCI.  Under 18 needs a paying adult to enter the water park. But you don't need to accompany them on the slides. So basically you can find a lounger somewhere and sleep the day away and not watch your kids as long as you paid.

This is freaking stupid. My 17 year old daughter can drive a car but she can't go into CocaCay water park?

Disney World policy is 14 and under.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/minimum-age/

Edited by JoeFan
  • Like 2

A Royal agent told me that they have discontinued offering the half day pass to the water park. For our Harmony sailing in August, the full day pass is $60 and the cabana is almost $600. 

My June Harmony sailing shows $75/pp for the waterpark, and has the nerve to show a banner saying 'pre-cruise deal!'

Jesus, if that is a deal, I don't want to know what people are paying if they book it on the ship.

• Like 2

I knew CocoCay was going to cost us some money.

I have the Water Park and Zipline package booked for both kids.

The Hot Air balloon for all 4 of us and the Beach Bed on South Beach.

Now they have to get another Water Park admission from me?

I certainly don't want the kids to not go to the water park. 

The only way I am doing that is canceling the day bed and 4 balloons. 

48 minutes ago, J80crew said:

A Royal agent told me that they have discontinued offering the half day pass to the water park. For our Harmony sailing in August, the full day pass is $60 and the cabana is almost $600. 

They can not figure out how to kick people out. What a nightmare that would be. I go to all the waterparks in Orlando. It would seem to be impossible.