Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

21 hours ago, 37645 said:

For lots of reasons. To have someplace reserved to stay at while on the island and not worrying about someone taking it while you get up to get food and drinks, someplace with shade and out of the sun, to be oceanfront if you get ones like at Chill Island, having a cabana attendant, some place that is comfortable to sit or lay down on. And mort importantly, in my opinion for myself, to have some privacy and not be crowded around everyone else at the pool, beach etc that would be on lounges etc. But it does come at a price so for some people the benefits of having one don’t outweigh the cost of having one. 

Its all all down to personal preferences but I personally can see the attraction of having one. But to each their own. Happy Cruising. 

Well said. When the price is $62/person for a cabana of 6 people that includes a full day on a sandy Caribbean island with the Water Park admission (which would be $39 or more in and of itself), unlimited bottled water, access to any towels needed, convenient access to all the water park activities and free food, a cabana attendant, and a base camp for the entire island with shade on a sunny island...it quickly becomes a no-brainer as far making the choice.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:58 AM, Sunkissed Mommy said:

and this morning....  Do they really think people will pay $1,449???  

Cabanas.JPG

They must not be since this morning the price is $1,099. Still ridiculous in my opinion but everyone has their own cost-value threshold on things like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpm1973 said:

They must not be since this morning the price is $1,099. Still ridiculous in my opinion but everyone has their own cost-value threshold on things like this.

I paid $299 for the middle of October.

19 minutes ago, jpm1973 said:

To me that is much more reasonable. But someone must be buying at these inflated prices.

Agree...at their low point...there is only a $98 difference between the Chill Island and Thrill Waterpark cabanas.

At the upper points...the pricing is all over the place CRAZY HIGH.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, blueridgemama said:

I have no plans to pay for the extras so having the ability to not tender, big pool, more food options and better food, swim up bars etc. sounds great to me. Looking forward to our visit in September.

Hopefully someone can describe the 'better food" as compared to the usual

32 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Hopefully someone can describe the 'better food" as compared to the usual

I don't know if I'd call it better but it was pretty good. Hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, paninis, and I thought the cheese steak sandwich was excellent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goodml said:

Are there any shady areas around the pool? Looks pretty wide open. I love the sun but also like to escape from it. Cabana is not an option.

There are plenty of pool chairs and umbrellas around the pool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Big_G said:

View from inside Cabana #1 at Chill Island. #1, 2, and 3 have no front deck. The rest all have them.

1558193575751-1499587760.jpg

Came back from Mariner cruise on Monday and we had Chill Island Cabana #2.  We enjoyed it very much.  There is a Cabana attendant, Linda.  She provides menus and takes your lunch orders and brings lunch back to you at the time you select.  Also brings drinks as well.  The Cabana was very comfortable and so close to the water.  The Cabana had some bottles of Evian water in a cooler and two floaty mats.  I believe you can have 8 people designated for these Cabanas.  
We saw some of the island but not all.  There is PLENTY to do that is at no cost. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas.  There is a free pool and also a lagoon with chairs and umbrellas which are all set up for you before you arrive at no cost.  When we were there they had no trams around the island, just from the pier to the shore.  Very lacking for those who are mobility challenged as has been mentioned before.  I believe as they get their stuff together that there will be a tram similar to Labadee. . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big_G said:

I don't know if I'd call it better but it was pretty good. Hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, paninis, and I thought the cheese steak sandwich was excellent.

How bout ribs and chicken

Edited by Artemus

12 hours ago, jpm1973 said:

To me that is much more reasonable. But someone must be buying at these inflated prices.

Agreed.  It only works if they sell.

Since we don't necessarily want Cabanas, in a way I am glad they are selling well at high prices...I always see that as keeping my prices low for what I want to do 😄 😄 😄

However, what is the price of the zip line again?

1 hour ago, jpm1973 said:

This is what is showing for our May 25 Symphony sailing.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 7.44.25 AM.png

I would describe that as within range of normal pricing for a 45 minute zip line experience.   Overall I think it would be more fun in the mountains here in the Midwest than just flying high above an island. 

• Like 1

I will be at coco cay nov 19,2019 on granduer. Anthem will be there the same day. Here's the interesting point. I went to the anthem roll call to question prices. I bought a chill island cabana for $381 (since that it's been $449)  

On the anthem roll call some one stated that thete aren't any chill island cabanas for rent. (If 2 ships in port, do they allot so many to each ship), and their oasis lagoon cabana was $549. While on the grandeur the oasis cabana is $358.99. 

So prices will vary from ship to ship, not just day to day. 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, parothead said:

I booked Chill Island cabana in Dec when it was pictured and described as over water cabana. Now it isn't . very disappointed. they haven't listed prices for the over water cabanas that will be on South Beach but from what I am seeing they will be way too much for me. 

They aren’t over the water?  Ok, I would have been remotely tempted to get one if it was over the water and maybe $1000.  If they are not over the water, no way!!!

55 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

They aren’t over the water?  Ok, I would have been remotely tempted to get one if it was over the water and maybe $1000.  If they are not over the water, no way!!!

There are multiple cabana locations on Coco Cay.

The only "over water" cabanas are located in the South Beach area - and these will not be available until Dec 2019.

All other cabanas are located near water, but not over it.