Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

We were hoping to get a few cabanas.. We'll see what happens!

Yea, first real weekend, understandable!

That's our idea of a great time, partying by/in the pool! 

Thanks for the info.!

21 minutes ago, ginak1112 said:

I'm not sure but I do know from previously getting a cabana at Labadee, you were limited to the number of people, maybe 8. Not sure if that has changed. I also think since it was the first weekend, they were being cautious with the slides. I'm sure things will be running much more smoothly. It's a lot of fun and if you want to party you may not need the cabana. The music is fun and you can hang out in the pool all day!

I think the thrill island cabanas are 6 people. 

This is really getting me excited to experience Cococay even though I don't go until March of next year. The only bad thing I can see about my visit is that we go on our last day of cruise. So having to think about packing and vacation coming to an end while in Cococay may dampen the experience a bit. Wished it wouldve been our first stop instead of last stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I cannot imagine waiting in line for an hour and a half for almost anything, and certainly not for a water slide. 

I guess you never been to Disney (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/pandora-world-of-avatar/?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIuOG7zeaH4gIVDVqGCh21Cge0EAAYASAAEgJs2_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5060!3!296558251363!e!!g!!pandora disney&CMP=KNC-FY19_WDW_ACT_DOM-EXCFL_W365_SCP_PND_Product-Pandora-Exact|BR|G|4191013.WW.AM.01.01|NA_NA_NA_NA_NA&keyword_id=kwd-297229465671|dc|pandora disney|296558251363|e|5060:3|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOG7zeaH4gIVDVqGCh21Cge0EAAYASAAEgJs2_D_)BwE  in the summer then..........there are only so many fast passes you can get ahead of time.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jzx1103 said:

This is really getting me excited to experience Cococay even though I don't go until March of next year. The only bad thing I can see about my visit is that we go on our last day of cruise. So having to think about packing and vacation coming to an end while in Cococay may dampen the experience a bit. Wished it wouldve been our first stop instead of last stop.

see I like Coco cay and Labadee to be my last stop. Sort of a wrap up to a great vacation. 

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I cannot imagine waiting in line for an hour and a half for almost anything, and certainly not for a water slide. 

Absolutely agree... especially in the heat. I am sure the stairwells are not air conditioned. 😎

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Never... Never... Never!!! 🤢

I would love to see it all, but the lines and heat I cannot tolerate. We have decided we may try in January sometime. 

5 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

see I like Coco cay and Labadee to be my last stop. Sort of a wrap up to a great vacation. 

Yea being the last stop is fine, unfortunately we don't get a sea day in between, we have to get off the very next day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

That's a 1+ hour wait for single ship in early May with most schools still in session.  During summer months three ships sailing at max capacity could have 4-5 times as many kids.  

The ship was completely sold out, we got the last cabin as I booked last week. Weekend ships almost always sail full with many locals taking advantage and lots of kids on Royal. Honestly, I’m sure they were being cautious as it was the first sailing. 

Edited by ginak1112

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We booked a trip to Disney Land (California) several years ago through the automobile travel group (don't think I can mention their name here).  They had a special that allowed unlimited fast passes.  We didn't realize what a bargain that was until we saw the crowds.  We'd get off one ride, immediately get a fast pass for that same ride, and then use an existing fast pass for a different ride.  Never waited more than 15 minutes.  People who booked directly through Disney didn't get that option.  😎

4 hours ago, ramidon1 said:

Floating tiki bar was great,  could walk waaay out on sandbar...watch out for stingrays....do the stingray shuffle!

Was this on the same beach that has the clamshells (beach lounger for two)? We are trying to figure out where they are located and if they have the floating bar nearby. From what I have read, I believe that is close to where they were previously located. Also trying to figure out if floating mats are worth it with the tide so low.

4 hours ago, ramidon1 said:

Cons:  Oasis lagoon cabana was underwhelming.  Poor and limited seating in the cabana, poor location...could not even see the pool past rows and rows of the free chairs... zero service except for regular bar servers.  No towels in cabana.  Music at lagoon pool was obnoxious and relentless.....got louder as afternoon progressed.  We were hoping to relax and nap in cabana but music was too much.  Did not realize it is set up as such a party scene....not described that way—would have never wasted the money on the cabana. 

Kinda sad to hear this review and was just wondering if you have any pictures of the cabanas or know the letter/number of which cabana you were in? We are on Harmony in September and have "Oasis Lagoon E"  booked but we haven't been able to find anything that would indicate where that actually is or see pictures of the cabanas? They are supposed to include lots of seating (extra lounge chairs)  towels and your own bar service. I don't mind the loud music/party atmosphere but would be very disappointed if it was just a glorified "reserved seat near the pool" considering we paid $ 640.00 for it? =( 

• Like 1

When the first bookings for the water park opened up months ago, the full day price was around $75.  About two or so weeks ago, they started offering full day prices of about $34.  At least one of our member of our roll call jumped on it for their family.  Basically getting a full day for each family member for half the price.

Standing in line for 1 1/2 hour for a water slide is not in my picture in regards to a relaxing vacation.  I will still just hang out on the beach.

1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I have an Oasis Lagoon cabana booked for April 2020 and look forward to hearing more reviews in order to decide if I should keep the reservation or not.  

Me too, i just went to look at youtube and saw this pic, thinking this is it.

image.png.38d64162cbac7118ba087b7ab662ee8b.png