Woken up by ongoing announcements

Ahainsby

3 hours ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

On departure day on every X cruise I have been on there have been in room LOUD announcements with luggage tag numbers.  It is extremely annoying for b2b passengers who don’t meet till 9:30. I totally agree with the OP.

Eek! I guess we have never been on the same cruise since the only time we've ever heard an in room announcement was....never!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bethiecc77 said:

Just wondering if anyone on the Amsterdam cruise received their feedback survey from Celebrity? I recall it always being sent out pronto post cruise.

No, we haven’t received one and it’s usually in my inbox later on debarkation day. Perhaps they don’t want our comments on this particular cruise 🙊?

• Like 1

I don’t think they do want our comments! In all honesty, I had no problem with Silhouette. We had a great cabin attendant and our food/service in the MDR was very good. Staff not quite as friendly as Equinox, but I am being picky. However, I never want to sail with that crowd again lol! 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bethiecc77 said:

Just wondering if anyone on the Amsterdam cruise received their feedback survey from Celebrity? I recall it always being sent out pronto post cruise.

Nope nothing yet. 

Not had anything either! To be fair, I didn’t have much to complain about other than this situation & that I didn’t get my CC canapés apart from the first day & I told my stateroom attendant that we wanted them too! 

22 hours ago, Ahainsby said:

On our day of debarkation from the Celebrity Silhouette we were woken up by announcements coming through the speaker in our cabin.

Just curious what level stateroom you were in. Not that I have any idea of that might be part of the issue?

6 hours ago, bethiecc77 said:

I was on a Caribbean Silhouette cruise in March. I looked for the survey because I wanted to praise a few crew members. Never received the survey.

On our March 29 Solstice NZ cruise the announcements in the corridor on deck 7 were so loud that I could clearly hear every word without having to open the cabin door. Every port day I would be woken by the first of the announcements which sometimes started quite early.  

9 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Just curious what level stateroom you were in. Not that I have any idea of that might be part of the issue?

Nothing to do with it; the whole cruise was not like a normal X experience. There were many large groups on board, together with stag and hen parties. I believe they just wanted everyone off ASAP. Mini cruises, I’m sure, are not top of the favourite list for most staff on any line.

• Like 1

I was on deck 6 and we got announcements in our room on debarkation day and for the muster drill.  

Maybe the crew think there isn't enough time on a mini cruise to build a rapport with people ergo no extra tips.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villauk said:

Nothing to do with it; the whole cruise was not like a normal X experience. There were many large groups on board, together with stag and hen parties. I believe they just wanted everyone off ASAP. Mini cruises, I’m sure, are not top of the favourite list for most staff on any line.

Just wondering what port(s) you had on such a short cruise out of Amsterdam. Just nosy 🤓

10 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

Just wondering what port(s) you had on such a short cruise out of Amsterdam. Just nosy 🤓

Just Southampton to Amsterdam. Left at 4.00pm on Saturday arrived in Amsterdam 2.00pm Sunday till 10.am Monday back home by  Tuesday morning.

We were on Eclipse this week, and general announcements are made only in common areas or you can hear them in your stateroom by tuning into the forward facing bridge camera on your TV.

13 hours ago, villauk said:

I was just curious if the stateroom had a wall switch that allowed the passenger to minimize the volume of the announcement. In days past I cruised in 'entry level' staterooms and they had such a control. In the past twenty or so years I've cruised in suite level and there is no such control, but such announcements are never heard in the stateroom either.

I guess I should have addressed the question to the OP and didn't. I'm still curious what the level of stateroom was.

Edited by K12Guy
More information.

Just off the Millennium and the only things heard in the cabin was the spoken parts of the muster drill and a farewell announcement from Captain Theo. In fact. The general emergency signal did not sound in the cabin but the abandon ship signal did sound no disembarkation announcements were heard in the cabin 

To answer the question about the type of cabin, we were in a balcony aqua class cabin and the announcements were non stop. So annoying and no way of turning then off as far as I could see.  

1 hour ago, Ahainsby said:

To answer the question about the type of cabin, we were in a balcony aqua class cabin and the announcements were non stop. So annoying and no way of turning then off as far as I could see.  

I think a few find it hard to believe our cruise was very different from X’s norm, irrespective of what cabin you were in. Still not received a post cruise survey. Unsure if anyone else has by now? As I posted above, I don’t think they want to hear our comments 🤭