Has Celebrity ever lost your passport ?

harrywpb

We’re on the Silhouette and had to surrender our passport till we leave Iceland. It’s usually a bit unnerving to do so ( we’ve done it more than a few times. ). Once we were handed someone else’s but of course quickly returned them ( which I’m sure most if not all would do ). 

Just wondering if they ever lost one and if so how did they assist with replacement. 

Harry 

Never had a problem with turning in my passport.   Although, I do admit, our first cruise left out of a Greek port.   I was nervous about handing over my passport, but it all turned out fine then and every other time.  

don't worry about it.  🙂

Many times the immigration officials will board a day or so early and go thru  the passenger manifest and passports.  Makes it a lot easier and faster than 2800 people standing in line.  

• Like 1

We also have had to turn in our passports to Celebrity on a number of occasions, and have never had a problem with Celebrity returning them.  And I also have never heard any rumors while on a ship about Celebrity misplacing someone's passport.  If something like that happened the information would spread through a ship very quickly.

6 hours ago, harrywpb said:

We’re do to get them back after we leave Iceland. Anyway , that’s not the topic here but thanks for sharing that. 

The Reflection just left Iceland after three days.  No one ever asked for our passports.  I wonder why it was different on the Silhouette.

• Like 1

They ill give you an instruction letter as above. If you are near there any time  in the range listed and there is either no line or a short line you can get it then. They quite like it if you do in case it gets backed up by the end of that session.

4 hours ago, harrywpb said:

Just received this letter and we haven’t even gotten to Iceland yet ( we arrive on Monday ). Go figure. 

Anyway , there’s been no answer to my question. 

That letter is pretty much standard issue in these situations. Otherwise it would be mayhem on collection day. 

Has it occurred  to you that the reason why no one has responded with a story about the ship losing their passport is because it would be a very RARE event.  I won't say it's never happened- never say never. 

I don't know why so many Americans are so paranoid about having someone take custidy of their passport. You don't see Europeans getting stressed out about a hotel or ship holding their passport. Relax.  It's not a big deal.

Millennium requires you to hand in passports when visiting Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy in Russia they placed a sticker on the back of your passport when you check in and then collect your passport after you complete Japanese outbound immigration if you are leaving Japan. The sticker has your name and Stateroom number on it and are stored by deck you have to collect your passport when going ashore in Russia after immigration looks at it and hand it back in when returning to the ship for immigration to clear you to depart then a few days later you collect your passport at guest services and if you are in a suite. Your butler will hand deliver them to you.  No problems at all

Having to give your passport up depends on your nationality and where you are sailing.  On a European cruise a few years ago Australians had to give their passports up and were given a copy.  Prior to disembarkation at the final port in Italy they had to present themselves to immigration officers at customer services before receiving their passports back.

Please see the topic in post #1. It’s not about the why’s , where’s or how’s or what Nationality is more more concerned than others. . It’s a simple topic asking if anyone ever had their passport lost by Celebrity and if so what assistance if any did they receive. 

• Like 1

Ok, you posted this topic nearly 24 hours ago asking if Celebrity has ever lost someone’s passport and nobody has responded that they have.  So I think you have a pretty good idea of the answer.  You are worrying unnecessarily.  And if you didn’t want people to respond with the answer “no” then your question is worded incorrectly.  

Phil

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, harrywpb said:

Please see the topic in post #1. It’s not about the why’s , where’s or how’s or what Nationality is more more concerned than others. . It’s a simple topic asking if anyone ever had their passport lost by Celebrity and if so what assistance if any did they receive. 

And a number of people have said, "no, no problem" which answers your question.  Will you keep asking until you find someone who had a problem?  

• Like 1