Diamond drinks

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And I could never get my monies worth with a pkg

Me either. But I don’t drink coffee or soda or orange juice and have no problem with the ship’s water. 

1 minute ago, gerif said:

Me either. But I don’t drink coffee or soda or orange juice and have no problem with the ship’s water. 

We just got off 16 day TA. Pkg would have cost around $1,600 😱

Never went thirsty, bought drinks when I wanted and paid at the end. Drank coffee from the espresso machines in the lounge. Used drink vouchers in Schooner. Plenty of wine in the cabin. Even gave away two bottles of 'champagne" at the end

• Like 1

I was just wondering about this. We'll be Diamond for our TA sailing next November.  I can't see paying $1400 for a drink package when there will be free drinks in the evening in Diamond Lounge (or tickets for elsewhere during those hours...)  Now that I know there is espresso that is really helpful.

Do Diamond members get any % off bottles of wine?

Even before you reach Diamond you get a 2 for 1 drink per person.  Also there is a 10% discount per person.  It makes the calculations in regards purchasing the Unlimited Drinks package a bit more interesting.

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

I was just wondering about this. We'll be Diamond for our TA sailing next November.  I can't see paying $1400 for a drink package when there will be free drinks in the evening in Diamond Lounge (or tickets for elsewhere during those hours...)  Now that I know there is espresso that is really helpful.

Do Diamond members get any % off bottles of wine?

No discounts on bottles of wine purchased on board, but you can carry on two bottles of your own at embarkation, of course.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You can only use the 3 free drink vouchers during the nightly DL free drink period, which is most often 5pm to 8:30pm or 4:30pm to 8pm.

And that's the buzz kill.  I would LOVE it if RCCL opened up the hours for anytime noon-8pm.  I like to bring my wine to dinner but would happily have some beers and rum and cokes during the day.  

2 minutes ago, SAmome said:

And that's the buzz kill.  I would LOVE it if RCCL opened up the hours for anytime noon-8pm.  I like to bring my wine to dinner but would happily have some beers and rum and cokes during the day.  

Of course you would.

But Royal Caribbean does not put the vouchers on your SeaPass so that you can have drinks any time you want.

They are there as a supplement to the regular Diamond perk of the drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Keep complaining and RC will gladly take them away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Of course you would.

Sure, exactly what I was going for by chiming in.  Some of the policing about relatively innocent (and maybe good ideas) like use of outdated stickies versus snarly comments gives me pause.  Think I'm done for a bit.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Of course you would.

But Royal Caribbean does not put the vouchers on your SeaPass so that you can have drinks any time you want.

They are there as a supplement to the regular Diamond perk of the drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Sure, exactly what I was going for by chiming in.  Some of the policing about relatively innocent (and maybe good ideas) like use of outdated stickies versus snarly comments gives me pause.  Think I'm done for a bit.

giphy.gif

Way to edit out part of my post.

I think that you should go back and re-read your initial post.

It reeks of gimme-gimme-gimme.

IMO, a little gratitude for the privileges is a better approach.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SAmome said:

The Diamond Lounges had become so overcrowded during Happy Hour that RCI needed to do something to alleviate that. The free drinks are loaded onto your Sea Pass to help reduce overcrowding in the Diamond Lounges during Happy Hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Host Clarea said:

You can only use the 3 free drink vouchers during the nightly DL free drink period, which is most often 5pm to 8:30pm or 4:30pm to 8pm.

You can ask to see the diamond drink menu in lounges throughout the ship during the evening (like 5:30-8pm) and tell the bartender you want to use your free diamond drink. I’ve done this many times; you aren’t limited to only getting free drinks in the diamond lounge.

6 minutes ago, Kholland said:

You can ask to see the diamond drink menu in lounges throughout the ship during the evening (like 5:30-8pm) and tell the bartender you want to use your free diamond drink. I’ve done this many times; you aren’t limited to only getting free drinks in the diamond lounge.

5pm to 8:30pm or 4:30pm to 8pm, depending upon traditional dining times.