Celebrities on Celebrity?

Fixit2010

3 minutes ago, villauk said:

Our two boys would have been the same; I can’t imagine what their faces would have been like to actually see Messi in the flesh (I still have the photo hanging of them both when they had their picture taken with his cardboard cut-out at the Camp Nou in Barcelona a good few years ago - we were on another cruise).

Your accent would have added to the credibility of the butler story; start bringing a corgi with you and you have it made 🤣

Our son also has  the cardboard cutout photo. It seems that your family like ours has a wide range of cultural interests, the stadium tour was our first stop in Barcelona.

Wearing a crown with my posh frock on chic night might add to the credibility too.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving week of 2016, just about 2 weeks after the 2016 presidential election we sailed with Reince Priebus and his family on the Reflection. If I recall correctly,  his family was able to take the whole trip but he couldn’t get away from then President elect Trump’s campaign requirements until several days into the cruise. We saw them in Michael’s Club and several restaurants. They were very nice and said they had been traveling on Celebrity cruises over thanksgiving week for several years.

• Like 1

Ask this question on the Cunard Board and you will get more than a few replies.

We had James Taylor as a guest singer and sat next to the Prime Minister of Canada and his entourage (two tables of 8) in the Queens Grill.  I also remember Dr. Ruth.   We don’t travel on the QM2 as much as we would like but there are always celebrities on board on the crossings.

Several years ago Edward Villella, former principal dancer with the New York City Ballet and former artistic director of the Miami City Ballet, was on our sailing on the Millie.  He gave a couple of lectures.  One day the seas were very rocky to the point that no one could be on the upper decks.  Everyone had lunch on the main dining room that day and my husband and I were seated at a table with Mr. Villella and his lovely wife.  We were thrilled as we are both Hugh NY City Ballet fans and our eldest daughter has won a summer internship a few years earlier with the Miami City Ballet.  They were both so friendly and we had a memorable lunch!

Oh yes on each crossing you can met either a B or even an  A- Celebrity. For me- there two highlights. First when Mickey Arrison sailed on board the Queen Mary2 from Soto to NY and then again in the Fjords- also on board the Mary was Emma Samms MBE- aka Fallon Carrington!

Emma Samms I talked to peronaly and found her a very nice  person!

Mr. Arrison and his wife  mingeld and mixed with the passengers. I had the feeling he were inspecting his ship. More or less he is the owner!

Last September, we had Jack Jones, of Love Boat song fame, as a passenger on Equinox. After I was home I saw a video of him singing Love Boat on the bridge with capt kate.  Never saw him until we disembarked and were waiting for a cab outside of the terminal

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 1:43 AM, Germancruiser said:

Well twice Pearl Kaufman was as Entertainer first on board the Millenium- then a year later on board Infinity! Wonderful woman!

Was reading in Michael Club - alone- nobody else was there- when she entered and asked very politly if she could practise on the Piano - there was still a Piano in the wonderful lounge back in 2006.

Beeing there hearing her playing - just me sitting there- it was almost magical!

We saw her several times. What a delightful show!

I was on a ship - can’t think of the name, a few years back and I was waiting by the stairs for my husband to come out of the restroom. The door opened and a guy came out that I immediately thought was Drew Carey. He walked down the stairs and I thought that if I heard his voice I’d know for sure. He then called to a woman and I was like “yup, that’s him”. Anyone would know that voice. 😊

On the Regal Princess after it first sailed we cruised and we were walking and beside us was a tall man that I swore was Ted Danson. He was holding a woman's hand but I don’t remember what she looked like because I was so focused on him. Later in the cruise we were sitting somewhere and I heard a passenger mention Ted Danson so I imagine that they saw him earlier too. 

I asked my husband if he saw him and he said no. That’s too bad because Cheers was his favorite show!!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

On 5/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Covepointcruiser said:

Ask this question on the Cunard Board and you will get more than a few replies.

We had James Taylor as a guest singer and sat next to the Prime Minister of Canada and his entourage (two tables of 😎 in the Queens Grill.  I also remember Dr. Ruth.   We don’t travel on the QM2 as much as we would like but there are always celebrities on board on the crossings.

IIRC Sir David Frost died on one of the Cunard ships.

Back to Celebrity, I've noticed that from time to time Celebrity / RCI do book some guest entertainers who've had a pretty good UK TV career - Bobby Davro, Mick Miller and Ted Robbins come to mind

Have not seen any on celebrity, on princess one of our favorite football players had the dinning table behind us for 9 day cruise Doug Flutie, meet Walton’s actor Ralph Waite on another cruise , Shirley Jones on another and many hockey players on another. 

Not on Celebrity, but years ago we were on a "Hockey Cruise" with a lot of former NHL players.  I think they did some talks and autograph sessions.  One day by the pool I noticed a large African American man with badly scarred shins.  As not being a hockey fan, I did not know who it was...Turns out that was the HOF, Stanley Cup winning, 1st black goalie in the NHL... Grant Fuhr

On 5/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, Orator said:

Shirley Jones and Frank Shorter were speakers. Regis Philban and Richrd Roundtree (Shaft) were passengers. I believe that fellow passengers respected their privacy. In fact Regis said that when he did an interview program with the CD. Said he did the program because people were very respectful.

We saw (and heard) Shirley Jones on a Transatlantic aboard Equinox in 2010. She spoke 3 times to a packed theater. We would also see her in the evening in/around the Martini Bar. She was sailing with her best friend from childhood. While she was approachable, it was nice that people respected her privacy to enjoy the cruise in the public areas when not "on stage."

We sailed in Jan, 2019, Paul Deen and her husband were on the ship.  Paula was very friendly and appeared to enjoy the cruise.  I did feel sorry for her at dinner.  She could not enjoy a quiet meal without women surrounding her table asking for pictures and talking.  I am a fan, but not to be that intrusive.

I would imagine celebrities would book private ships to cruise on not regular cruise ships.

Having said that Celebrity does charters full of old rock and roll bands where you can mingle with them. There are two that I know of, The Flower Power cruise and the Rock and Romance cruise.

3 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

IIRC Sir David Frost died on one of the Cunard ships.

Back to Celebrity, I've noticed that from time to time Celebrity / RCI do book some guest entertainers who've had a pretty good UK TV career - Bobby Davro, Mick Miller and Ted Robbins come to mind

I forgot about this until you mentioned David Frost dying on a Cunard ship.  The former manager of The Baltimore Orioles baseball team Earl Weaver died on a Celebrity ship.

2 hours ago, CardRock said:

Not on Celebrity, but years ago we were on a "Hockey Cruise" with a lot of former NHL players.  I think they did some talks and autograph sessions.  One day by the pool I noticed a large African American man with badly scarred shins.  As not being a hockey fan, I did not know who it was...Turns out that was the HOF, Stanley Cup winning, 1st black goalie in the NHL... Grant Fuhr

What year and ship ? Our was about 1989 on ncl seaward had no idea I was playing poker with a bunch of players until one talked about being traded from Boston to Philadelphia, all regular guys who liked to drink. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Cecilla Bartoli (Opera Singer) was on one of our cruises in the Penthouse.   She was very pleasant and no one seemed to give her a second glance.    Maybe most of the passengers didn't know who she was.

I don't know who almost any of the "celebs" listed are. Even when I see celebs I do know, I usually don't recognize them until sometime later, when it either dawns on me or someone else tells me. I've sat in the aircraft cabin and failed to immediately recognize The Beach Boys, Liz Hurley, Tony Hawk, The whole cast of Canadian Idol... I had no idea I was sitting at the next table to Pink in an Air Canada lounge, I was standing behind Susan Lucci at a check-in counter, no idea... WHo know how many others I've missed. Altogether pretty clueless 😂