A Bit Peeved with Holland America.....

Roz

10 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Any good news, Roz? It's been over a month. 😧

Nothing, Dobiemom, I was just thinking about this and how long it's been.  Thanks for asking.  

5 hours ago, Taters said:

Just call them.  Don't wait for a reply.  After waiting for over 3 weeks for a response to my inquiry about the lack of suite credits in my history for my transatlantic on Zuiderdam in April/May, I called them.  They had the suite credits applied in 30 seconds.  It was super easy.

You're right, I need to do that.  Are they open on weekends or do I have wait until Monday?  

Roz

22 minutes ago, Roz said:

Nothing, Dobiemom, I was just thinking about this and how long it's been.  Thanks for asking.  

You're right, I need to do that.  Are they open on weekends or do I have wait until Monday?  

Roz

I believe the Mariner Society is a M-F operation, but a simple call to 1-800-547-9139 will confirm my recollections.

I called Holland America a few weeks ago on a Saturday  because I was unable to log in regarding an upcoming cruise.   The person advised me I would have to speak to the Mariner Society and gave me the number.   I called it and after several series of prompts was finally told by a recording they were closed on the weekend.   It would have saved time if the initial person, who was available on weekends to sell a cruise, would have told me that the Mariner Society, apparently not as crucial a service as booking, was only open Monday to Friday.

5 hours ago, kira5 said:

I called Holland America a few weeks ago on a Saturday  because I was unable to log in regarding an upcoming cruise.   The person advised me I would have to speak to the Mariner Society and gave me the number.   I called it and after several series of prompts was finally told by a recording they were closed on the weekend.   It would have saved time if the initial person, who was available on weekends to sell a cruise, would have told me that the Mariner Society, apparently not as crucial a service as booking, was only open Monday to Friday.

Too bad that you had to waste time on this.  This is one reason why I would not book through the general reservation number - the people you talk too often do not know the "program" and tell you incorrect things.  I feel that it is even worse on weekends, when generally the new people work.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, regnig said:

Roz did you have time to make that call today

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, sail7seas said:

Roz, Any update?  (Hope so)  🙂

image.png.23fff0062b19af22a4869bc9868ffd98.png

sail.noordam@gmail.co

OK, I've gone from a bit peeved to majorly annoyed.  I just got off the phone with the Mariner Society.  The lady I spoke with was very nice, but was unable to resolve the problem for me.  She told me IT is aware of the issue with those particular sailings of the Nieuw Amsterdam, and doesn't have a timeframe for resolving it.  

So...I'm not booking another HAL cruise until this gets settled.  

Roz

5 minutes ago, Roz said:

OK, I've gone from a bit peeved to majorly annoyed.  I just got off the phone with the Mariner Society.  The lady I spoke with was very nice, but was unable to resolve the problem for me.  She told me IT is aware of the issue with those particular sailings of the Nieuw Amsterdam, and doesn't have a timeframe for resolving it.  

Roz

DAM Roz.

I hope they get their IT fixed soon.  SHEESH!

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

DAM Roz.

I hope they get their IT fixed soon.  SHEESH!

If I can get 2 credits for my onboard spending, I'll only be 14 days away from being 4 stars.  That's one 14-day cruise or 2 7-day cruises.  Very doable if only HAL would get their act together.  I disembarked on May 11, so it's been almost 6 weeks.

Roz

4 minutes ago, Roz said:

If I can get 2 credits for my onboard spending, I'll only be 14 days away from being 4 stars.  That's one 14-day cruise or 2 7-day cruises.  Very doable if only HAL would get their act together.  I disembarked on May 11, so it's been almost 6 weeks.

Roz

Oh man!  I would be majorly annoyed too 😞  

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

Roz

Book a 7 day Coastal in a Signature Suite (we are looking at one for April, 2020, and you will make it without any spending credits!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roz said:

Roz

Good grief!! What could be the hold up? Like others, we had ours credited literally within  2 weeks. The inconsistencies of HAL service have gotten stupid! It's not like they don't have the records. I don't blame you for your booking boycott. I am just glad you thought to follow up. This has made me more vigilant. 

43 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Book a 7 day Coastal in a Signature Suite (we are looking at one for April, 2020, and you will make it without any spending credits!

Wish I could join you and your wife, Dave, but I have a Panama Canal cruise booked for Feb. 2020.

33 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Good grief!! What could be the hold up? Like others, we had ours credited literally within  2 weeks. The inconsistencies of HAL service have gotten stupid! It's not like they don't have the records. I don't blame you for your booking boycott. I am just glad you thought to follow up. This has made me more vigilant. 

I find it intriguing that HAL somehow figured out how to link my onboard acct. and credit card so they could charge me $600+, but can't figure out how to give me Mariner days. 🙄

Roz

• Like 1

Roz, I think I would write a letter to Orlando Ashford's office, copying Stein Kruse and and Arnold Donald, succinctly explaining the issue and informing him (them) of your intentions not to book another HAL cruise until this problem gets solved.  They should be made aware that their inattention to good customer service is contributing to an unfavorable and vocal opinion of CCL and HAL, something that they can ill afford to foster.

I feel badly for you.  No one likes to feel so unappreciated by a company they choose to spend considerable sums of money on and time with that they are considering alternatives.  Such a bad taste in the mouth gets left by their flagging concern for their customers' satisfaction.

Edited by 0bnxshs
  • Like 2

This sort of crap (includes website issues) seemed to escalate exponentially after CCL offshored their IT services to Capgemini.  I say "seemed" because I don't know for certain, but it really appears that way to me.

19 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I found one of the threads!  Still can’t find the one I was looking for, however.  lol

Oh well, as I said in post #92 😐.

See also  (copied from Dec '16 article in Computerworld, color emphasis mine):

Carnival's decision to move IT work to a contractor "is not a cost-savings initiative," Frizzell, the cruise line's spokesman, stated.

"Our core business is cruising, and by taking this action and working with a world-class IT firm like Capgemini, will provide us with the ability to significantly strengthen our IT operation for our company and our guests," he said. He added that there is more opportunity for Carnival's IT employees at Capgemini than at the cruise line.

BTW, it is my understanding that the actual change was not implemented until mid-2017 but I can't document that.  Although a June '17 article in Breitbart stated CCL "is set to" outsource to Capgemini, implying that the changeover would take place in the future.

Hallelujah and pass the collection plate!  😊  My phone call yesterday must have done something, because this morning my account is showing 188 days (up from 184 yesterday), so I'm only 12 away from being a 4 star Mariner.

Roz

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roz said:

Hallelujah and pass the collection plate!  😊  My phone call yesterday must have done something, because this morning my account is showing 188 days (up from 184 yesterday), so I'm only 12 away from being a 4 star Mariner.

Roz

So glad you FINALLY got it resolved!  Now, one more cruise to get to the BIG TIME!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roz said:

Roz

Excellent news!  Good for  you, Roz. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Roz said:

Roz

Woo hoo! 😁 (FINALLY! 😕😲😕)

On 6/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, Roz said:

Roz

So glad for you, Roz! Sorry you had to wade through all the muck.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, Crew News said:

For more information, go to the HAL website.  Unlike other cruise lines, the few extra dollars you spend on HAL excursions count not only as insurance that the ship will not leave without you but also build your Mariner Star status.

However, once you get to Five  Star, anything over  means nothing.

I've   been five star s for many years and so what for any and all 'days' I have  earned  over and above.  😞

image.png.405b9ed4832c01b194ad2f409072558d.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas