First cruise on P&O questions

kerryincork

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We'll, I've booked my first P&O cruise! Azura in the Caribbean in Jan 2021. I've also upgraded to Premium for the flight and my TA tells me that I'll be able to book the actual seat numbers about 14 weeks before the cruise. She also tells me that I'll have to pay for reserving actual seat numbers which is a bit of a swizz considering the cost of the Premium upgrade. But it is what it is I suppose. Is it always a TUI Dreamliner flight from Manchester or what other airlines?

It's not the Dreamliner from Manchester, our flights for our December cruise on Azura are with Thomas Cook.

It says on my booking confirmation that after we land in Barbados we collect our luggage and then go to a coach for transport yo the ship. I thought we'd get off the plane right on to the bus and meet our luggage on the ship when it's delivered to our cabin.

2 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

It says on my booking confirmation that after we land in Barbados we collect our luggage and then go to a coach for transport yo the ship. I thought we'd get off the plane right on to the bus and meet our luggage on the ship when it's delivered to our cabin.

Are you sure it doesn't say hand luggage?

Are you on a charter or scheduled flight - we were allocated a BA scheduled flight once with P&O to to Barbados and had to pick up the luggage from the terminal.

Edited by bee-ess

We are also going on our first P & O cruise on Brittania, beginning of January, flying TUI Dreamliner from Manchester and I’m sure my information tells me that I won’t see my luggage after check in at Manchester until it arrives directly to the ship.

A further question for regular P & O cruisers - I can’t remember if I saw it on a review or here on the Forum - someone stated that their bed linen wasn’t changed the whole of their cruise - do you think (or know) this was spurious or an exaggeration, this can’t be right surely?? 

8 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Are you on a charter or scheduled flight - we were allocated a BA scheduled flight once with P&O to to Barbados and had to pick up the luggage from the terminal.

Yes, on a charter flight, usually TUI or Thomas Cook, you get into a small bus on the tarmac and you are taken direct to the ship without entering the terminal. Your luggage is taken separately and will appear outside your cabin but may arrive 2-3 hours after you.

if you are on a scheduled flight, usually BA or Virgin, then you have to go into the terminal and collect your luggage. There should be a P&O rep to direct you from there.

Brian

It's too early yet to know what the flights will be. I'll just hope that we're on one that will take us and our luggage straight yo the ship from the plane.

One other question: is there a kettle in the cabin even on Caribbean cruises? With RCI they're only on European cruises, 

4 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

It's too early yet to know what the flights will be. I'll just hope that we're on one that will take us and our luggage straight yo the ship from the plane.

One other question: is there a kettle in the cabin even on Caribbean cruises? With RCI they're only on European cruises, 

There are kettles in the cabins on all P and O ships whatever the Itinerary 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

If you are flying from Manchester then it will be a P&O dedicated charter as I don't think there are any scheduled flights from there.

Brian

51 minutes ago, BrianI said:

If you are flying from Manchester then it will be a P&O dedicated charter as I don't think there are any scheduled flights from there.

Brian

Virgin fly out of Manchester, I dropped my sister there yesterday to go to Barbados and will pick her up in 2 weeks time.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, Mim Lloyd said:

If it’s very early then it should be a charter. I think they only use the scheduled flights when their charters are full. 

Hello everyone me again☺️

I am just going through my cruise planner on P&O website and I have found the pricing for the Internet and it says I can purchase before my cruise, but I can't find where I can put it in my basket. Could someone help me out please?

I am assuming if I get it now it will be a bit cheaper 😉

5 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

I am just going through my cruise planner on P&O website and I have found the pricing for the Internet and it says I can purchase before my cruise, but I can't find where I can put it in my basket. Could someone help me out please?

‘I think I’m correct in saying you have to telephone the number on the page to purchase.

1 hour ago, kerryincork said:

It's straight-forward to book through your CP just click on the 'View and Book' button and enter details.  If you aren't being given this option is it because you are close to departure date?  They stop taking booking through the CP a few says before departure.  From the P&O site:

Approximately 12 weeks prior to the cruise departure date, the shore excursions will be available on CruisePersonaliser. Shore excursions are available to pre-book and pay for online up to 3 days prior to sailing. Within 3 days of sailing, you will be able to join a waitlist for your chosen excursions.

Yes it is a few £s cheaper if you book beforehand.

OK thanks I will look again, if I find a number I'll try it. Its a bit weird that you have to call to purchase the Internet lol