Can’t seem to find the list of Maitre’d email addresses

Jeafl

Never heard of an email for them for passengers.

Not sure what you need (and if you tell us we might be able to help ore) but generally,  Ship Board Services takes care of most things for passengers pre-cruise.  

All the years that I have sailed on HAL, there has never been a list for the Maitre'd's.

If you need to talk about dietary meals -- call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576.

If you want certain cabins to eat at the same table -- have your TA get the cabin confirmations to link them together and call HAL.

Ship Services generally handles almost anything a passenger could request.  Afterwards, they'll send you an email confirming that your request has been granted (or denied) from the ship.  I've found that Ship Services try their best to honor most requests within reason and have been satisfied with their attempts to please.  

Thanks everyone.  I know on the Carnival boards they are published pretty regularly.  I just wanted to ask if our party of 13 would be able to sit all at one table, or if we will be split in half.  I guess I will just have to find out when we get on board. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

I just wanted to ask if our party of 13 would be able to sit all at one table, or if we will be split in half.

There are no tables for 14, so you will need to be split up. I would suggest a table for 6, and two tables for 4, all in proximity. You can switch places every night so everyone gets a chance to dine with everyone else.

I was in a party of 16 once who did it that way (2 tables of 6, and one table of 4). It worked out very well. Two of the tables were against the window, while the third was in one row, about half way between those two.

11 hours ago, Jeafl said:

Thanks everyone.  I know on the Carnival boards they are published pretty regularly.  I just wanted to ask if our party of 13 would be able to sit all at one table, or if we will be split in half.  I guess I will just have to find out when we get on board. 🙂

Only because cruisers have discovered the addresses and posted them. Carnival does not actually publish the list, and actually prefers that guests don't email the Maitre D's. 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Only because cruisers have discovered the addresses and posted them. Carnival does not actually publish the list, and actually prefers that guests don't email the Maitre D's. 

Good to know.  

12 hours ago, RuthC said:

There are no tables for 14, so you will need to be split up. I would suggest a table for 6, and two tables for 4, all in proximity. You can switch places every night so everyone gets a chance to dine with everyone else.

I was in a party of 16 once who did it that way (2 tables of 6, and one table of 4). It worked out very well. Two of the tables were against the window, while the third was in one row, about half way between those two.

Does anyone know what the biggest size table is?  Could 13 fit at two tables somehow?

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

Does anyone know what the biggest size table is?  Could 13 fit at two tables somehow?

I don’t have a recent table chart so can’t speak to the number of large tables or their location though I can’t remember them being close together.   As memory serves me we were once stuck at a table for eight, maybe ten,  on the Veendam.   However, it wasn’t a round table but actually two or three tables for four stuck end to end to accommodate eight maybe ten  people.  This was four or five couples and not family or friends and unfortunately the mix was not good.   

3 hours ago, Jeafl said:

You could have a table of 8 and one with 6; I believe the largest table we were at sat 10 and it was difficult to have conversations with folks not sitting nearby. 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Gift orders and dining inquiries
Phone: 1–800–541–1576
Fax: 1–800–207–3547

Thank you so much for the contact information.  I managed to talk to a kind, responsive agent who will notify the ship of our dining request.

The better way is to contact Ship's services and request the e-mail address for the Ship's Coordinator for the ship you are on.   This is not an onboard officer, but a coordinator who will communicate with the various department heads on the ship.   I do this every time I book a cruise, usually 4 or 5 months out.   I use the MDR charts on HALfacts dot com, and select 5 or 10 table numbers that will work for us.  You can see the number of seats at each table on the PDF chart.   I send this list of favorite tables to the Ship's Coordinator and I have always received a response within a week with my table assigned.   Note.... this is for Fixed time Dining in the upper level of the MDR.   Not As You Wish (anytime) dining.   

On 5/31/2019 at 5:27 PM, TAD2005 said:

The better way is to contact Ship's services and request the e-mail address for the Ship's Coordinator for the ship you are on.   This is not an onboard officer, but a coordinator who will communicate with the various department heads on the ship.   I do this every time I book a cruise, usually 4 or 5 months out.   I use the MDR charts on HALfacts dot com, and select 5 or 10 table numbers that will work for us.  You can see the number of seats at each table on the PDF chart.   I send this list of favorite tables to the Ship's Coordinator and I have always received a response within a week with my table assigned.   Note.... this is for Fixed time Dining in the upper level of the MDR.   Not As You Wish (anytime) dining.   

Great information! Thanks!