Your Cruise goals

overalls39

19 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

I agree with you completely, about the many interesting points of view concerning how we view cruising in our life. Someone here had a good point that actually it's a mixture of both things that affect our decisions too cruise or not, health AND wealth. It's simply a matter of having enough of both.

Mac

You can add time to that mix, sometimes you may have both health and wealth but just cannot get away due to other commitments.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You can add time to that mix, sometimes you may have both health and wealth but just cannot get away due to other commitments.

So true.. We all have plans BUT life has a funny way of always throwing us a 'curve ball'  we were totally NOT expecting, either in our private life or financial matters and can just wreck the best made plans and force readjustments. As the old saying goes, 'That's LIFE !'.

Mac

On 6/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, SmoothFlying said:

As the old saying goes, 'That's LIFE !'.

Mac

You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June!

😀😀

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ldubs said:

You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June!

😀😀

Yup !!! Soooooo very true !🙂 However, I'm headed  to the BIG deep-six eventually (closer than I'd care too think about)😨 But, what'ca gooona doooo? As my favorite T-shirt has printed on it, 'Keep calm and Cruise on!' Cruise as long as we all can.

Mac

• Like 1

We cruise normally twice a year , have done about 65 cruises, started cruising in 1975, now we book suites , love some of the suite perks food in celebrity suite restaurant is so much better than normal or even most specialty restaurants. Another thing we recently have done is cruising charter cruises , wife loves 1970’s music so we did that last two years and are booked for next year. Entertainment is amazing , America, Micheal McDonald, Boz Scaggs etc , get to talk to them and get autographs also if interested. They have these cruises for all type of music 60’s , 70’s , 80’s , disco, country etc , they do cost more than normal cruises. My only bucket list left is Galapagos.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:32 AM, Noodles84 said:

I had a visit to all the continents on my bucket list, and will complete that goal this year with a trip to Northern Norway to the Arctic. I wanted to do it on a cruise ship, not a dog sled. Nicole

Where in the Arctic will the cruise take you?

I had a goal to visit 50 countries before I turned 50. I later changed that to 50 countries before I turn 40. Since I started cruising in the Caribbean this turned into 50 countries or Islands. Now that I have reached that goal I might change it back to countries. 

Before 2018 my wife and I had only cruised togheter in the Caribbean (I had done one cruise in the west Med on my own & one Caribbean cruise before we meet) and several cruise ferries in the Baltic sea. But since we became parents in December 2017 we have cruised and booked cruises, that to us, is "different". 

April 2018: Genoa to Hamburg.

September 2018: West Med.

May 2019: Transatlantic, Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

(In this time period we also cruised two times in the Caribbean.)

Booked:

September 2019: Vancouver to Honolulu.

December 2019: Persian Gulf from Dubai.

It's different to cruise with a baby, but even with that in mind I still prefer the Caribbean so far.

Since we turned Emerald in January our goal became to turn Diamond this year, not that it really matters, and we will be in September.

Might be "fun" to have done all ship classes on Royal, we only have the Quantum class left (not counting Empress and the Icon class).

Still have some places on my bucket list, not sure if I want to do all of them on cruises: 

Seychelles

Maldives

Australia

New Zealand

The Pacific

Iceland

Norweigan fjords

The WW II beaches in Normandie

Southeast Asia (I have been to Thailand)

4 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Where in the Arctic will the cruise take you?

The furthest north we go is to Alta, which is 375 km. north of the Arctic Circle. We are there overnight and hoping to see the Northern Lights.  The other ports we visit are Tromso , Alesund, and Stavanger. It is in late October on Princess lines.  We were previously just on the edge of the Arctic Circle when we cruised northern Iceland a few years ago.Nicole

3 hours ago, Noodles84 said:

The furthest north we go is to Alta, which is 375 km. north of the Arctic Circle. We are there overnight and hoping to see the Northern Lights.  The other ports we visit are Tromso , Alesund, and Stavanger. It is in late October on Princess lines.  We were previously just on the edge of the Arctic Circle when we cruised northern Iceland a few years ago.Nicole

Is that really in the Arctic? I don't say that it's not but it feels like it's too far south to belong to the Arctic.

It still sounds like a great cruise and I really hope that you will see some Northern Lights. I saw it a few times when I did my military service in northern  Sweden and I have seen it as far south as Stockholm.  

(I did some research and found a few different definitions of  the Arctic and some of them include the northern parts of "Norwegian  mainland" and even the northern parts of Sweden. It feels strange to me!)

Edited by sverigecruiser

19 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Is that really in the Arctic? I don't say that it's not but it feels like it's too far south to belong to the Arctic.

It still sounds like a great cruise and I really hope that you will see some Northern Lights. I saw it a few times when I did my military service in northern  Sweden and I have seen it as far south as Stockholm.  

(I did some research and found a few different definitions of  the Arctic and some of them include the northern parts of "Norwegian  mainland" and even the northern parts of Sweden. It feels strange to me!)

Yes,  it's well within the Arctic circle and you can take trips even more into the Arctic if you wish.  We have seen and heard the northern lights when we lived in northern Canada, but its always a treat to see them. Nicole