Has breakfast location for passengers in suites changed?

cruisecrazyct

We are thinking of booking a suite for a future cruise, and in the current description for Suite perks it keeps and saying Club Class dining experience, but no mention of eating in Sabatinis or another private dining area. Is this a change, or am I reading the information incorrectly?

It depends on the ship.  On the Caribbean Princess it was in Sabatini's (deck 7).  On the Golden Princess it was in the Crown Grill.  You had the option to do breakfast in Club Class and lunch on Port days/Dinner in Club Class.  

On the Emerald in May, the suite breakfast was in the Crown Grill. You can have breakfast in CC in the dining room as an alternative. The only time we had breakfast in CC was the morning we were disembarking when Crown Grill was closed.

The special full suite mimosa breakfast is still there. Location varies by ship and it's generally either in Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. Club Class dining is a separate dining option, which is in a section of one of the main dining rooms. Club Class is open for every day for breakfast and dinner and lunch on sea days. As a full suite passenger you have the option of having the mimosa breakfast or you can go to the Club Class DR. Your choice, but the mimosa is certainly the better selection. From the Princess full suite benefit flyer:

• Complimentary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)***

*** Served In-Suite on Sun Princess and Sea Princess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyct said:

We are thinking of booking a suite for a future cruise, and in the current description for Suite perks it keeps and saying Club Class dining experience, but no mention of eating in Sabatinis or another private dining area. Is this a change, or am I reading the information incorrectly?

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

(page 2, column 3, bullet point no. 4):

• Complimentary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)*** 

That has always been the official title of the perk commonly referred to as "Breakfast at Sabatini's (sic)".

On Emerald and Ruby Princess it was moved to Crown Grill several years ago when SHARE replaced Sabatini's.

On many of the older Grand-class ships it was moved to Crown Grill as each one's Sabatini's was renovated into Sabatini's Trattoria.

14 hours ago, cruisecrazyct said:

Thank you all for your help. I did not realize “specialty dining mimosa breakfast” was  what I was looking  for.

This is the first that I have heard it called mimosa breakfast and we have been cruising in suites for a long time.   I wish they still served the bloody marys.   I remember a few head waiters that made some fantastic ones.   

Since club class has come along, we find we prefer it over Sabitinis.    We use to really enjoy the family feeling and getting to know the staff.  .  Waiters would joke around and everyone said hi as you walked in - wonderful atmosphere.  Now, they have been changings the waiters every day or so - just not the same feeling it use to be.

We sailed in a full suite on the Regal for a transatlantic in September. I agree, the suite breakfast in Sabatini’s was one of the best perks of the suite. Usually only 3-5 tables being used at any time we were there so the service was attentive and relaxed, and interaction with the staff was great. The captain and hotel manager stopped in many times while we were eating and would stop to chat for a few minutes at each table. Hard to believe breakfast would be one of the cruise highlights ... but it was!!

Agree completely. LOVE the Sabitini’s/CG breakfast. 

Remember also that you can order room service from the full bkfst menu on disembark morning. We’ve found that this is an enjoyable way to avoid the crowds on this very busy morning. 

5 hours ago, memoak said:

As far as I know it is only in the Crown Grill on ships where Share has replaced Sabitini's.  Please correct me if I am mistaken

Incorrect I'm sorry to say.  As already noted, on Grand, suite breakfast is in Crown Grill although the ship has Sabatini's.

I inquired about this in February and was told that Crown Grill was used for it's superior capacity and privacy.  I have no opinion on either, but that's the explanation that was offered.

I've experienced suite breakfast in Crown Grill on Ruby (has SHARE) and Grand (no SHARE) and in Sabatini's on Crown, Caribbean and Coral.  I can't recall for Golden as it's been a few years since we sailed her.

Having mimosas with the suite breakfast is a pretty good indication that it’s going to be a good day! The wait staff call it happy juice for a reason. 😉 On our last full day of our last cruise, our waiter asked if I wanted one more happy juice. I said I shouldn’t, but could I have one to go. They filled up a large to go coffee cup for me. That kept the happy feeling going for most of the morning for me! 🙂

• Like 2