Drink Package Beverage Document

supersaramoon

Thank you so much for this!  My husband and I are primarily wine drinkers with the premium package.  As most wine drinkers would agree, the wines in our package are not very good.  We always encounter this when cruising so we typically drink wine with dinner, but cocktails the rest of the time. This list is just what we need to try some new ones on our cruise.  Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Claudecruisefan said:

Many thanks for that wonderful list. I feel more curious about tasting some of those, in three weeks.

It's one of the first posts I've seen where all replies are unanimously positive! Congratulations.

And thank YOU for noticing! Great point.

Can anyone please clarify for me? I was always told that if you had the Classic Beverage Package (CBP) and you ordered a drink above the CBP cost limit, the WHOLE cost of that drink was charged to you, but if you upgraded to the Premium Beverage Package (PBP) and ordered a more-expensive drink, you only paid the difference between the price of the drink and the PBP per-drink limit. For that reason, we've always upgraded from the CBP to the PBP. Is this incorrect? What has been your personal experience on this issue? Thanks in advance!

On 6/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, parrothead33 said:

Hi Bo,

I didn't have any issues opening or printing it.  I'm on the Thanksgiving sailing on the Edge and would be happy to bring along a few copies for you.

Cheers,

Kym

K - I was just able to download and print out...

Thank you very much for your kind offer and still look to meet you aboard....

Are you attending the MnG?

cheers and bon voyage

3 hours ago, AZ Deb said:

Can anyone please clarify for me? I was always told that if you had the Classic Beverage Package (CBP) and you ordered a drink above the CBP cost limit, the WHOLE cost of that drink was charged to you, but if you upgraded to the Premium Beverage Package (PBP) and ordered a more-expensive drink, you only paid the difference between the price of the drink and the PBP per-drink limit. For that reason, we've always upgraded from the CBP to the PBP. Is this incorrect? What has been your personal experience on this issue? Thanks in advance!

I believe that was the old policy.  Now with the CBP, you are only charged the difference.

53 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

K - I was just able to download and print out...

Thank you very much for your kind offer and still look to meet you aboard....

Are you attending the MnG?

cheers and bon voyage

Bo, 

Glad to hear you were able to print out the list.  I'm not sure if we'll be attending the MnG but will let you know.

Cheers!

For me, a proper Dark and Stormy is Gosling's Black Seal Rum, a hot ginger beer - Gosling's is too sweet for me - I like Q Spectacular Ginger Beer - it's hot!  And then fresh lime.  Never had a D&S with bitters.  Sad to see that Black Seal isn't on the rum list.  Guess I'll have to try it with Myers. 

Heading to Bermuda on a cruise in October, where I had my first D&S a couple of years ago.  I'm mostly a beer and wine gal, but I loved the drink and like to make myself a D&S or 2 on Saturday nights and watch a movie!

Thank you for the list!  My first X cruise isn't until March 2021 😵 so I imagine things will change by then, but I really appreciate all the work you put into this.

Edited by NCTribeFan

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:04 AM, NCTribeFan said:

For me, a proper Dark and Stormy is Gosling's Black Seal Rum, a hot ginger beer - Gosling's is too sweet for me - I like Q Spectacular Ginger Beer - it's hot!  And then fresh lime.  Never had a D&S with bitters.  Sad to see that Black Seal isn't on the rum list.  Guess I'll have to try it with Myers. 

Heading to Bermuda on a cruise in October, where I had my first D&S a couple of years ago.  I'm mostly a beer and wine gal, but I loved the drink and like to make myself a D&S or 2 on Saturday nights and watch a movie!

Thank you for the list!  My first X cruise isn't until March 2021 😵 so I imagine things will change by then, but I really appreciate all the work you put into this.

n - do not forget to purchase special bottles of Gosling's on-board on departure day from BDA... there are usually good deals on them. The only thing I missed out on is a special bottling of Goslings which sold out before I got to the store...

You can compare pricing to that of the Gosling store in the dockyard.

I will have a friend who is taking a sailing next year to BDA on The Summit to bring me back a bottle in exchange for a pick-up at the pier... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

On 7/2/2019 at 9:21 PM, parrothead33 said:

Bo, 

Glad to hear you were able to print out the list.  I'm not sure if we'll be attending the MnG but will let you know.

Cheers!

We can always have our own at the Martini Bar or Eden... 😎

Cheers and bon voyage

Many thanks for such a comprehensive document, I've printed a copy for reference, it will be very useful for my son who likes to try different cocktails.

Not sure though if I would feel very asking the bartender if he has a Buttery Nipple or a Screaming Orgasm

Are smoothies not included in any Alcohol Package, Classic (CALL) or Premium (PALL), but really only in the Premium Non-Alcholic Package (PMNA)? This document, as well as Celebrity's most recent beverage package document have no mention of smoothies in neither CALL nor PALL.

However, this post:

from another thread from March 2019 has a picture from post-revolution Summit saying that "Your favorite smoothies are part of Premium Non-Alcoholic, and Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package".

Anyone who is back from a very recent cruise, who can confirm whether smoothies are included in either alcoholic package, or indeed only in the PMNA?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 12:15 AM, Luvtoeat said:

This list is great. Will be on the Equinox in September with the classic package and now have many new drinks to try. Thanks.

Hello,

can you tell me how it went with the Classic package as was hesitant to upgrade. We’re you Abe to order classic martinis ? What bottled water did they have ? Was the wine good t dinner ? 

thanks
sea ya

Eric

16 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

Thank you so much!  I'm not a big drinker so never know what to order and this cheat sheet will give me lots of new drinks to try.

My 'problem' also...not a cocktail drinker...I'm sure the servers/bartenders hate to see me coming when I ask for a recommendation and 'what's in it' question?  This list is perfect!

Thank you so much.  I had your original list saved on my old computer but it disappeared when I was transferring files.  So glad to have it back.  I am definitely going to take it with me on my next cruise and do what is suggested, tick off drinks as I get them and decide what I like and don't.

You have done so much hard work.  I don't think anyone can thank you enough.

Thank yo so much supersaramoon!  Excellent work and much appreciated.  IMO you made a very salient comment in your first post about how this list can assist one to be more adventurous with the drinks one may want to try.  Admittedly I am one who sticks with the "same old, same old," especially since X started stocking Clamato juice on board.   This list will make it very easy on the next cruise to expand my horizons!  Thanks again!  ☺️

Thank you Supersaramoon. We enjoy a beverage or three and like you we won't cruise without a beverage package now. We're a group of 4 who've cruised on Solstice a couple of times and have our next cruise on Millennium out of Singapore in January. Of course we got the classic package as a perk and will be upgrading to the premium - i mean ... why wouldn't you? The document you provided is now an 'essential' for our cruise - much like a passport.  

Edited by Team Alpha