Are the Hot Tubs on the Amplified Navigator full of kids?

Navigator (post Amplification) Hot Tubs - Full of Kids  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Hot Tubs on the Amplified Navigator full of kids?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2019 at 09:00 PM

I would say no more than any other cruise. I sailed over Easter (ending on Easter) and we had a ton of kids, even with it being a 9-night (before it switched to 3/4). There were times where there were a lot of kids in the hot tubs, especially on the pool deck. On deck 12, one above, less so. And those ones are bigger!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I have sailed Carnival and NCL in the past year. I found both to have the hot tubs overflowing with children. I am booked on the Navigator in September and just curious...

The Solarium hot tubs should have no guests under the age of 16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until management enforces the rules there will always be unaccompanied children in hot tubs, kids under 16 in the Solarium, chair hogs etc., etc., etc. I have never understood having rules, posting those rules for everyone to see and then not having the balls to enforce the rules. I once confronted a mother who was sunbathing on a chaise lounge totally ignoring her kids that her underage children were in the hot tubs with snorkel equipment on and running and  jumping from the edge into the hot tub. Her response was that if the hotel ( this was at a hotel) didn't enforce their posted rules then she didn't care. How are children to learn that there are rules if their parents don't teach them?

• Like 3

We were on Navigator in March over spring break and they were always full of both adults and kids (and soft serve, the stand is right near one of the hot tubs). We were just on Harmony and there weren't nearly as many kids, but that is probably because of the fact that school isn't out for everyone yet. I imagine in the next couple of weeks those hot tubs will fill up with kids. If you are going in September, then it probably won't be as noticeable given that school will be back in.

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Every cruise ship I have been on has them overflowing with kids...quite annoying to say the least.

cant imagine its any different now that its amped.

This. ^^^^^^

Sorry my post isn’t very helpful. I haven’t been on Navigator. But I couldn’t help myself because hot tubs consistently filled with kids is a pet peeve of mine. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Controversial statement: I wish hottubs were 18 and over...

Many doctors agree.  As a hot tub owner at home for several years it's not unusual for instructions to recommend limiting children in hot tubs.

Could be why hot tubs aren't hot, knowing parents will allow their kids in them.  

https://kidspluspgh.com/doctors-notes/hot-tub-safety/

• Infants & Toddlers
  • The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) notes that infants should not be permitted in a hot tub at all, since a their thin skin makes them more susceptible to overheating. The APSP also recommends that toddlers and other young children should not be allowed in a hot tub unless they can stand on the bottom and have their heads completely out of the water. Also, since little ones have very little control over bodily functions, spas can become unsanitary almost instantly when “accidents” happen.
  • When children are tall enough, they should not use a hot tub for more than five minutes at a time, especially at the maximum temperature of 104°F. Even then, young children should avoid full body immersion and should instead use the “jump seats” on the side that permit only waist-high immersion. You can dropping the spa temperature to 98 degrees allow for longer soaks — but never more than 15 minutes at a time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, er345 said:

This. ^^^^^^

Sorry my post isn’t very helpful. I haven’t been on Navigator. But I couldn’t help myself because hot tubs consistently filled with kids is a pet peeve of mine. 

Me too.

• Like 1

We just got off Navigator on Monday and I didn't notice it to be too bad. If I recall correctly there are three on the main pool deck (one on 11 and two on 12), as well as two in the Solarium. We may have caught the magical week between Memorial Day and summer break, however, which would have explained the lack of kids on board.

• Thanks 1