What's the longest cruise that you have been on?

aceparty

What is the longest cruise that you have been on?

What is the perfect length of a cruise?

I prefer 10 to 14 nights.

I have done cruise's anywhere from 1 Night to 14 nights.

We just booked a 21 night Panama canal cruise from San Francisco to NYC.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aceparty said:

mostly 7 days - one 14 day and like you are booked on the SFO to NYC in 2020. We got an SF aft suite on deck 10 for this one. Will need the extra space and perks for that long,

1 hour ago, aceparty said:

Our.longest was a 14 back-to-back, totaling 28 days and it was not enough for me tho TH was ready to head home.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, casofilia said:

We have just finished 6 cruises almost B2B2......  but there was one day in the middle in Miami; 56 days on 3 different boats!!

Sorry both of you were not able to join us on the repositioning of Jewel last year from Australia to Seattle.

hope both of you are doing well.

we were on cruise for 40 days. Glad we had laundry perk😉.

we had a great group , headed up by Steve. He did amazing job organizing everything. Truly trip of a lifetime.

Edited by phissy

10 hours ago, casofilia said:

We have just finished 6 cruises almost B2B2......  but there was one day in the middle in Miami; 56 days on 3 different boats!!

Did you organize this yourself, or did you have a travel agent figure this all out?  Was it very complicated to plan and execute?  This sounds like something I would like to do...  lucky you!

11 hours ago, aceparty said:

12 days: we actually prefer about 10 days. When we did our 12 day cruise we also did a few days in the embarkation city. that was plenty long enough to be away from home. Cruises less than 7 days are not worth the effort. 

My wife and I did a 14 day two years ago out of NYC in February on the BA. Thought my head was going to explode after day 11. Nothing like three sea days in a row and being stuck inside for two of them because of high winds. If we could have flown home from St Kitts (Day 11) it would have been perfect. 10-11 would be fine

• Like 1

I've done two 7 days and one 10 day and quite liked the 10 day one. The 7 day was in Europe and we were pretty much never on the ship. The 10 day I got to see and experience more of the ship itself which was nice although still glad there were only 2 days at sea at the end of the trip. The next NCL one is a 12 day on Encore in 2021 so I'll be curious to see if I think that is too long.

I've only been on 7 day cruises, but I just booked one for 15 days. Me, my wife, and our son. We are in our early 30's and son will be 13. Not sure what to expect. I do like that there won't be a lot of children on board being that it's in October. I'm excited

3 minutes ago, troy510 said:

I've only been on 7 day cruises, but I just booked one for 15 days. Me, my wife, and our son. We are in our early 30's and son will be 13. Not sure what to expect. I do like that there won't be a lot of children on board being that it's in October. I'm excited

You may like not a lot of kids being on board but I'm pretty sure your son won't Lol

12 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

You may like not a lot of kids being on board but I'm pretty sure your son won't Lol

Oh well. He'll get over it lol. 2 weeks out of school and the go karts/pavilion should keep him busy.

• Haha 1

Did you organize this yourself, or did you have a travel agent figure this all out?  Was it very complicated to plan and execute?  This sounds like something I would like to do...  lucky you!

I actually did it all myself.   I was on the Jewel with time to "waste" and got hold of the material available from the Future Cruise people and booked 5 there and then; Southern Caribbean and Panama on the Jade followed ,, afer a day in Miami, by the Western & Eastern Caribbean and a TA on the Star.   When I got home I found that a Cuba on the Sky fitted in at the beginning.

The main problem was getting the money together and paid at the right time for cruises, DSC and shore excursions!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 days on the Sun from Tampa to Vancouver but unlike the Previous Poster we had to get off before the Alaska cruise and go back to work.  

Now that we are retired, we can do longer. Did a TA B2B with Southern Caribbean on Star last Nov for a total of 25 days.  

Want to do Viking’s 245 day World Cruise but worried if we spent that much we might have to go back to work! 😢

• Like 2