Bringing wine and bottled water on cruise

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Correct.

12 up to 500 ml.

In case you are not metric, that's 17 ounces per bottle.  😄 

Two bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the length of the cruise or the number of over-21 passengers.

6 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Does it have to be IN a carry on or can I just walk on with it in my hands? I’m not bringing a carry on big enough to hold that.

You can walk on with it in your hands.

Thank you for asking this question.  I have a subsequent question.  Can I then bring additional water while at a port mid-way during the cruise?  Or is it embarkation only?  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, zumbagold said:

Can you pay a corkage fee and then have it in the dining room? 

We brought bottles in the dining room twice and we were not charged a corkage fee.

This is what I had read before we boarded. 

2 hours ago, drneal said:

We brought bottles in the dining room twice and we were not charged a corkage fee.

This is what I had read before we boarded. 

That's good to know.  I hope they keep that policy.  I remember there used to be a $25 corkage fee.

12 hours ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Are you allowed two bottles of wine per cabin regardless of length of cruise?  (We are booked on an 8-day.)  

How many and what size bottled water are allowed to be brought on at embarkation?  Thanks so much!!

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll answer regarding water. It's not like the airport where you can't have a bottle of water from outside. If you have a bottle or two in your bag, no problem.

Before there were drink packages like they have now, we used to bring our own water, a case for the whole cruise. We'd slap a luggage tag on it, hand it to the porter and it would show up in our room. Those days are gone. Even in the good old days, it would depend on which port you were in and the whim of the porters. We never had a problem in Ft. Lauderdale, but Canaveral was a whole other story. Once we ended up putting the case of water inside a suitcase (per the porters suggestion), then we got called to the naughty room and they wouldn't let us have it until the end of the cruise. Their reasoning was, if we sell it onboard, you can't bring it onboard. (I asked if that also applied to the flip flops I brought with me... big fight... whatever). Anyway, we just buy the drink package now and eliminate the hassle.   I don't even use my Rum Runners anymore. 

4 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll answer regarding water. It's not like the airport where you can't have a bottle of water from outside. If you have a bottle or two in your bag, no problem.

Before there were drink packages like they have now, we used to bring our own water, a case for the whole cruise. We'd slap a luggage tag on it, hand it to the porter and it would show up in our room. Those days are gone. Even in the good old days, it would depend on which port you were in and the whim of the porters. We never had a problem in Ft. Lauderdale, but Canaveral was a whole other story. Once we ended up putting the case of water inside a suitcase (per the porters suggestion), then we got called to the naughty room and they wouldn't let us have it until the end of the cruise. Their reasoning was, if we sell it onboard, you can't bring it onboard. (I asked if that also applied to the flip flops I brought with me... big fight... whatever). Anyway, we just buy the drink package now and eliminate the hassle.   I don't even use my Rum Runners anymore. 

Royal lists on their website that you are allowed to bring a case of water. But it must be carried on and not in checked luggage. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy