Ever have awful Table mates?

29 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I never said they were small adults, but they are people, not some alien monsters. I think I'd rather have children at our table than some of the trulhy narrow minded adults I am reading in this thread.

So then define "people"?

So then define "narrow minded"?

I hate this refrain "I'd rather have kids because some adult somewhere did X."  You see this on Flyertalk all the time.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I believe in the teachings of the great philosopher Dr. Seuss. From his book Horton Hears a Who---"A person's a person no matter how small.".

Though I think I would not want to sit with you.

Given the lines you seem to favor, I doubt it will ever be an issue.

“It is a wise thing to be polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility, is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire. For politeness is like a counter--an avowedly false coin, with which it is foolish to be stingy.” 
 Arthur Schopenhauer, The Wisdom of Life and Counsels and Maxims

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I never said they were small adults, but they are people, not some alien monsters. I think I'd rather have children at our table than some of the trulhy narrow minded adults I am reading in this thread.

Well, that is true.  Being around anyone bristling with negativity is not a nice experience.  I guess it could happen but I don't think I've ever been seated with any youngsters that acted horribly.  Problem is the habitual complainers will pick at everything.   Anyway, I do suspect some of the comments that seem to vilify all children are coming across in a way not intended. And, I can understand someone preferring a "grown up" experience/discussion.  

16 minutes ago, OhMyLard said:

Who are these rude people?  Is there one cruise area more rude than the other?  Are they isolated to one cruise line?  

Could you please define what you mean by being rude?

11 minutes ago, OhMyLard said:

Offensively impolite or ill-mannered.

I was looking for more than the dictionary definition. Are you saying that people who don't like children are rude, or are you referring to something else?

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was looking for more than the dictionary definition. Are you saying that people who don't like children are rude, or are you referring to something else?

What are you talking about, stop reading into sentences. Read the subject "Ever have awful Table mates"  that's what I am referring to.  Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning.  Oh well.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Oh come on - this thread  has gone way off topic.

Not liking children : not rude

Loudly telling the maitre d "No, I will NOT sit at this table with an ugly,  bratty, screaming, nose picking, disease carrying, pants peeing ankle biter" : rude. 

Clear enough for you?

And yes, I do understand that the description could cover some adults, too. 

10 minutes ago, OhMyLard said:

What are you talking about, stop reading into sentences. Read the subject "Ever have awful Table mates"  that's what I am referring to.  Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning.  Oh well.

Oh.  I am so sorry that you're having such a bad day.  Maybe when you've been here a while, it will start getting better.  I hope.

Just now, zitsky said:

Oh.  I am so sorry that you're having such a bad day.  Maybe when you've been here a while, it will start getting better.  I hope.

I am having a great day, I am just a touch short of fantastic, any better there would be two of me.  Who said I was having a bad day?  The fairy god mother?

6 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Oh come on - this thread  has gone way off topic.

Not liking children : not rude

Loudly telling the maitre d "No, I will NOT sit at this table with an ugly,  bratty, screaming, nose picking, disease carrying, pants peeing ankle biter" : rude. 

Clear enough for you?

And yes, I do understand that the description could cover some adults, too. 

Oh I appreciate that you defined rudeness so well.  Thank you!

4 hours ago, OhMyLard said:

I am having a great day, I am just a touch short of fantastic, any better there would be two of me.  Who said I was having a bad day?  The fairy god mother?

You said

"Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning.  Oh well."

Did someone else say that?

3 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Can I just say some of you take some comments way too seriously.

I didn't actually mean that I would eat a child for example.

Relax folks it's a just a forum

The late great W.C. Fields said, "I like children if they're properly cooked". Also, "Children should neither be seen nor heard from...ever again". 😜 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

The late great W.C. Fields said, "I like children if they're properly cooked". Also, "Children should neither be seen nor heard from...ever again". 😜 

A bit harsh, but.......................well................nevermind.

Why are you all 'yelling' at each other?  Quite frankly having read the last couple of pages I'm not sure I would want to share a table with any of you!!!  (Just kidding, I'm sure some of you are really very nice, it's just the others...….)

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Why are you all 'yelling' at each other?  Quite frankly having read the last couple of pages I'm not sure I would want to share a table with any of you!!!  (Just kidding, I'm sure some of you are really very nice, it's just the others...….)

Your post reminds me of a quote... “As far as new people, I love meeting others. Others; not you. “  😚

3 hours ago, babs135 said:

THIS IS @#$% YELLING!!!!

LOL

Edited by zitsky