Harmony Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It is open for lunch, but may not be ready as early as 11am.

On Anthem, it's noon.

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

We've sailed on Harmony 3x and found CK food to be mediocre on all 3 cruises.  Staff was excellent thought.  

I am really sad to read this.  CK food AND service are excellent on the Anthem of the Seas.   Maybe you should try her?

24 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Is Chef's Kitchen located in the SL/CK area like it is on Oasis?  

Is that question for me, about the Anthem, or are you asking about Harmony?

All the Oasis class ships have the SL and CK together in the former VCL.

On the Anthem and Ovation, the Lounge is a Concierge Lounge and is aft on Deck 12.  Coastal Kitchen is on Deck 14.

ETA: Oh, wait, you are asking about the CHEF'S TABLE.  

Have to agree.  The food quality in the Coastal Kitchen on Harmony not up to par.  We will book Allure or Oasis in the future until the problems are resolved.

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Is that question for me, about the Anthem, or are you asking about Harmony?

All the Oasis class ships have the SL and CK together in the former VCL.

On the Anthem and Ovation, the Lounge is a Concierge Lounge and is aft on Deck 12.  Coastal Kitchen is on Deck 14.

ETA: Oh, wait, you are asking about the CHEF'S TABLE.  

Asking about Harmony SL/CK area -- is Chef's Table in the area or somewhere else.  

18 minutes ago, Mal said:

Have to agree.  The food quality in the Coastal Kitchen on Harmony not up to par.  We will book Allure or Oasis in the future until the problems are resolved.

When did you sail on HM?  We have a JS on HM on 9-1-2019 and are planning on eating dinner there.  

Edited by SherriZ366

We were there in March 2019.  It was spring break, and of course it was crowded.  However, we sailed on both Allure and Oasis during spring break and the CK was fine on both.  Could have been the week we were onboard, but I have heard this about Harmony's CK before.  I would make your reservations and if it's not acceptable, you can make other plans.  We ate most meals in there.  Breakfast and lunch were fine, but dinner not so much.  In a JS they only allow you to make dinner reservations, so give it a try early in the week and see how it is.

Edited by Mal

On 6/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

Have you been on since she relocated to Pt Canaveral 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

Have you been on since she relocated to Pt Canaveral 

Yes.  We were on Harmony for two weeks in late May out of Port Canaveral.  We're new Pinnacles, and this was our first experience eating in CK.  We thought it was great, and ate most dinners there.  And the mixed drinks were excellent.  We have voyages coming up on Oasis, Allure, and Symphony, and would be very pleased if the CK food is as good as on Harmony.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am really sad to read this.  CK food AND service are excellent on the Anthem of the Seas.   Maybe you should try her?

Andy has champagne tastes on a beer budget

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mal said:

We ate there 3-4 times last year it was OK at dinner. My problem was at lunch, only two menus. Several favorites were missing.  Also st breakfast, no pesto with the poached eggs

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Asking about Harmony SL/CK area -- is Chef's Table in the area or somewhere else.  

Ok.  I figured that out. But do you realize that you asked about the "Chef's Kitchen"?  There is no such thing.  Thus my initial confusion.

Suite Lounge, cocktails, appetizers were great...wasn't thrilled with Coastal Kitchen on Harmony.  Just remember that I have a 1 week snapshot and your week may be totally different.

11 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Anyone been in the Harmony since it moved to PC?

Do they have the filet in CK the first night?  Does the SL have list the dinners for the week for CK and the main dining room?

We sailed harmony from PC in May. 

Yes, fillet was served in CK for the first evening. 

Yes, the suite lounge has the dinner menus for CK for the entire week.  You can also get them at the CK reservation desk.  And, I think it is also available on the interactive board outside of the CK 

I did not see menus for the dining room. We simply went to the dining room entrance, and looked at the menus on the interactive board. 

Enjoy

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

10 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Chef‘s table is in the solarium. It is on the right hand side in one of the round alcoves. They close the curtains to make it more private dining for those  enjoying the chef‘s table. 

We usually eat dinner once or twice in the solarium, and last cruise were seated very close to the staging area  for the chef‘s table.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We ate there 3-4 times last year it was OK at dinner. My problem was at lunch, only two menus. Several favorites were missing.  Also st breakfast, no pesto with the poached eggs

And they did not go somewhere on ship and get pesto for you!!!  Shame on them.

That was one thing I loved about Celebrity and Blu.  No matter what I asked for they somehow made it appear, and with a smile.  Wish Celebrity sailed from PC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Chef‘s table is in the solarium. It is on the right hand side in one of the round alcoves. They close the curtains to make it more private dining for those  enjoying the chef‘s table. 

We usually eat dinner once or twice in the solarium, and last cruise were seated very close to the staging area  for the chef‘s table.   

M

Since you mentioned Solarium I have a question.  Sailing on Harmony in November.  Is there dining available in Solarium on embarkation day?  When I go to Cruise Planner it just shows DINNER but I thought I read that it was open for lunch.  I believe I also read that CK was open for lunch on embarkation day.  I have no interest in eating in Windjammer unless it is an extreme emergency and the same holds true for MDR.  Not my cup of tea.

31 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Since you mentioned Solarium I have a question.  Sailing on Harmony in November.  Is there dining available in Solarium on embarkation day?  When I go to Cruise Planner it just shows DINNER but I thought I read that it was open for lunch.  I believe I also read that CK was open for lunch on embarkation day.  I have no interest in eating in Windjammer unless it is an extreme emergency and the same holds true for MDR.  Not my cup of tea.

Buffet lunch is available in the Solarium every day, including boarding day.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

CK is open for lunch at 12:00 on embarkation day

11 hours ago, zuggie said:

Yes.  We were on Harmony for two weeks in late May out of Port Canaveral.  We're new Pinnacles, and this was our first experience eating in CK.  We thought it was great, and ate most dinners there.  And the mixed drinks were excellent.  We have voyages coming up on Oasis, Allure, and Symphony, and would be very pleased if the CK food is as good as on Harmony.

That's good to hear that the food was good.  We are planning on eating in CK as we are in JSs.  Will put something on survey if the food is not as good as Oasis, which we sailed on 5 or 6 times.  We are sailing in September out of Port C and have future HM cruises booked.  

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We sailed harmony from PC in May. 

Yes, fillet was served in CK for the first evening. 

Yes, the suite lounge has the dinner menus for CK for the entire week.  You can also get them at the CK reservation desk.  And, I think it is also available on the interactive board outside of the CK 

I did not see menus for the dining room. We simply went to the dining room entrance, and looked at the menus on the interactive board. 

Enjoy

m

Glad to hear that filet is served on the first night.  We get 3 bottles of wine (all red) as amenities and will bring one with us for the first night.

The DL had CK menus also on OA.  I would expect that that the menus would be available in HM's DL and I may email the concierge.