Elite Benefits

cruisinggran

43 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

You could have easily found out by yourself by typing "Princess Elite Benefits" into Google.  You will find that Google is your friend.

DON

👍

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

Yes that is what is done when there are a much larger than normal amount of Elites onboard. They have their own meeting area separate from the ticket waiting room and are called ahead of the others. But nowhere is waving your black card in the face of the others in line involved.

...and all this "wearing your Black card on a lanyard" will soon be moot. By the time the OP takes the cruise they are planning--their last as a Platinum in August 2020--more than half the fleet [every ship except the Sun & Sea, Island & Coral and Diamond & Sapphire] will be on the Medallion. Where by necessity everyone will have their status pinned to their chest, dangling from their beltloop, or otherwise prominently accessorized.

Can you hang the medallion on a necklace like a pendant?

Are there custom accessories available now to attach the medallion?   Like decorative wrist straps, 

water resistant covers, clips, etc. “bling”. 😎

Also,  any issues if one has a pacemaker or hearing aid?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

24 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Is it like a proper disco medallion then - are we going to see 1970's fashion all over the place -

Have they thought this through???

This is a done deal.    Hope you liked the Disco era.  😎

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Is it like a proper disco medallion then - are we going to see 1970's fashion all over the place -

Have they thought this through???

Are you going to hang your medallion on a thick good chain like those PAXs from Vegas or the mobsters from New York and Chicago?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Are you going to hang your medallion on a thick good chain like those PAXs from Vegas or the mobsters from New Y ork and Chicago?

well maybe it is time to visit the "inch of gold" vender to get a personalized length of chain!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Some might not realize you are being sarcastic here.

I totally agree with you Thrak. I only take my card out if a have to and the same with the  medallion. I keep them in my pocket all the time. 

Tony

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I totally agree with you Thrak. I only take my card out if a have to and the same with the  medallion. I keep them in my pocket all the time. 

Tony

I think the real reason is you cannot handle waiving around the black when you are also waving Patriot's flags around.  ;-)

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I think the real reason is you cannot handle waiving around the black when you are also waving Patriot's flags around.  😉

Wow you got me again 😁 I love it . Now this is just for you Mr. Steelers. 😁😁

E1BE1401-0D24-456D-95F8-FB42DE13F843.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucky TGO said:

Wow you got me again 😁 I love it . Now this is just for you Mr. Steelers. 😁😁

My wife will have one of those babies next cruise, so I can bask in the shadow of her exalted status for one more cruise until I am similarly anointed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

My wife will have one of those babies next cruise, so I can bask in the shadow of her exalted status for one more cruise until I am similarly anointed. 

I wish my wife and I are on that cruise with you and your family. The  congratulations drink 🥃 will me on us. 

Now  don’t get mad I have to do this. 😁😁 Now you know what’s coming.

EA6510ED-B610-47C8-9A7E-8BA4F1E007B9.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I wish my wife and I are on that cruise with you and your family. The  congratulations drink 🥃 will me on us. 

Now  don’t get mad I have to do this. 😁😁 Now you know what’s coming.

And it's not even September yet!  

As it happens Aaron Rodgers played his high school football at Pleasant Valley High School, approximately one mile from my house. He also coached my daughter's Powder Puff football team. He played for the local community college as well. My wife always liked the Packer's even before Rodgers though - simply because they are a locally owned team (there, not here). I am deeply saddened by the loss of Clay Mathews though. HUGE bummer.

image.png.2c9487fa675e3785f6020fb0af5627b2.png

High School

image.thumb.png.b18517d2400567193ba5ac5280c2d6fe.png

Community College

image.thumb.png.bfc5335be4e69c6ea83f4d68001ca61f.png

Edited by Thrak

11 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Yes.  Elite status among other perks,  allows you to cut to the front of the tender line... All you need to do is wave your black cruise card.    ✋🏼

Note:  attach your  Black card around your neck on a lanyard so all can see it.  👍

Good luck.  And happy cruising.   😀

On a black lanyard of course, the full monty.  Not forgetting your Elite lapel pin on your pajamas.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Are you new to cruising ?? 😉😄

Not at all but I just never pay that much attention to such trivial things. 

We just cruise by ourselves & don't bother with worrying about who get what included in their fare. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I never realized that there was this much jealousy involved in displaying your status. :classic_ohmy:

Some people take their "status" very seriously. We don't worry about it. My card lives in my pocket and is only produced when necessary. I'm actually somewhat jealous of those taking their first cruise. After all, you only get one "first cruise" and, at least for us, it was a pretty special thing.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Ha! Same with me except it's my husband who's elite and I have two more to go!

We enjoy the laundry and some other benefits, but color of a card or medallion is of very little importance to us. Elite status is really a marketing tool, not something you earn, but something you have actually paid for probably many times over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

not something you earn, but something you have actually paid for probably many times over.

Not probably, paid for many times over.  Maybe folks getting credits for one day cruises would be the exception.  To me the benefits aren't that great, but it is nice to send out laundry on the last couple of days before the end of the cruise, and have a lot of clean clothes to take home.

10 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Not probably, paid for many times over.  Maybe folks getting credits for one day cruises would be the exception.  To me the benefits aren't that great, but it is nice to send out laundry on the last couple of days before the end of the cruise, and have a lot of clean clothes to take home.

Yep. Although, for me, it is for naught.  Me Lady likes to wash all cloths in the bag when we get home.

For those who may believe that elites wear their card for status, we have worn our cards on a lanyard since we have started cruising.  It is convenient.  We now wear the medallion on a lanyard because it is convenient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, skynight said:

We enjoy the laundry and some other benefits, but color of a card or medallion is of very little importance to us. Elite status is really a marketing tool, not something you earn, but something you have actually paid for probably many times over.

After our cruise in October we will be elite with 154 days. I think we will have paid for the "status". We take a TA back from Barcelona to Florida after that and it will be our first cruise as elite. It definitely wasn't given as a freebie but it also doesn't seem like it will be such a big deal. The card will still stay in my pocket so it's highly doubtful anybody will know (or care) about our fabulous coolness. (In any case, "coolness" is not something one would be likely to attribute to me... :classic_laugh:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

After our cruise in October we will be elite with 154 days. I think we will have paid for the "status". We take a TA back from Barcelona to Florida after that and it will be our first cruise as elite. It definitely wasn't given as a freebie but it also doesn't seem like it will be such a big deal. The card will still stay in my pocket so it's highly doubtful anybody will know (or care) about our fabulous coolness. (In any case, "coolness" is not something one would be likely to attribute to me... :classic_laugh:)

Yeah, I tend to agree.  The main thing is we probably won't have to worry as much about showing up real early at tender ports.  Otherwise, it's more of a source of kidding around as our best friends were Elite for their first cruise when we did the Baltic and my wife made the grade so to speak at the end of that cruise and I am the only one still in the Platinum level.  I think my best benefit is pretty much the internet discount and that stays the same going forward.  We enjoy sailing with Princess and I imagine will continue to do so.

• Like 1