Elite Benefits

cruisinggran

I was on the Crown last week with a medallion.  I never received any notification of any of the Elite benefits.   In the old days I thought they gave us coupons or a list or something in the cabin when we arrived.  Now nothing.  A friend was on the Regal a few weeks ago and he said the same thing.  When I asked the Captains Club guy about it, he said the steward was supposed to tell us about it.  My friend went to the Captains Club guy on the Regal, and he seemed completely unconcerned that no notification was received.  Have any of you been on a cruise with a Medallion and gotten notification of any Elite or Platinum benefits?  

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

clearly stated on the Princess website … for all levels

I know that and have printed it out to take with me this week.  I don’t feel like I should have to beg for everything.  Ask for the schedule for Skywalkers.  Never received anything about wine tasting.  If it’s set for a certain day, they should tell you at the beginning of the cruise.  Nothing about the laundry or how to get your shoes polished (not that that applied to me).  I just feel like if you are supposedly valued you should be informed of your perks. 
I feel it should be handled as well as it used to be.  Should be getting to be better service instead of worse.  My question was for any Elite medallion cruise passenger that has cruised recently.  I wondered if anyone else had received any notification in their cabin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeno said:

I don’t feel like I should have to beg for everything

check your Patter daily for a schedule of events … or maybe your account if you are on a OM cruise and are Ocean Ready - Journey  View or something like that ...

All I get is notification of what the nightly PES 'extra' hors d'oeuvres will be in that lounge, a thank you letter explaining the loyalty OBC level, Captain Party, ES water shuttle queuing info, and notice where the disembark lounge is. I have to ask when the wine tasting is or just look for the $9.99 one on my droid.  

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

All I get is notification of what the nightly PES 'extra' hors d'oeuvres will be in that lounge, a thank you letter explaining the loyalty OBC level, Captain Party, ES water shuttle queuing info, and notice where the disembark lounge is. I have to ask when the wine tasting is or just look for the $9.99 one on my droid.  

I guess what I’m missing is the letter about all the stuff you mentioned.  Never received any notice of the disembarkation lounge.  I got the Skywalkers info only because I kept bugging my room steward. 

• Like 1

Not 1 letter:

1. A card about PES Lounge hors d'oeuvres 

2. A thank you letter re: loyalty OBC 

3. An invitation to Captain Circle Party 

4. Water shuttle notice appeared on droid (medallion app) as did disembarkation info. That was also on the disembarkation sheet that everyone gets --- I just knew it applied to me

• Thanks 2

Last cruise we had the worst steward we have ever encountered. Having to bug him to get the PES menu was the least of the problems. I don't know if Princess isn't training these folks or what. Usually we have had very good stewards.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Last cruise we had the worst steward we have ever encountered. Having to bug him to get the PES menu was the least of the problems. I don't know if Princess isn't training these folks or what. Usually we have had very good stewards.

Our steward was actually good.  That’s why I’m questioning the Captains Circle guy blaming it all on John. 

• Like 1

Guess what I learned after my last cruise 12/03/2019?  I think I've got it right. Someone on cruise critic actually stated that they got a full afternoon tea set up. The elite set up is not limited to what's on the card that they give you. I'm gonna try this on my cruise this March because I'm traveling with 2 small kids and I think I'd rather sit on my own balcony and watch the world go by. Am I correct? Can I get a full set up or is that only for suites? I know what it says online but I also know what I'm told (I'd save what I can for their midnight snack)

2 hours ago, jeno said:

I guess what I’m missing is the letter about all the stuff you mentioned.  Never received any notice of the disembarkation lounge.  I got the Skywalkers info only because I kept bugging my room steward. 

We submitted, as required, the disembarkation survey...the lounge information was in the reply, as I remember.

Skywalkers was in the Elite evening acitivity notice on our desk when we arrived.

IMO, the stewards are way overworked...the number of cabins that they have to cover now do not allow them the level of service that we once had.  I had to hunt ours down on the last night to give him a cash tip.  His performance was adequate, but it would have been nice to visit a little.

4 hours ago, jeno said:

I wondered if anyone else had received any notification in their cabin. 

The only thing we get seems to be the schedule of captains parties which is useless to us as we don't drink.  They don't give you anything that lists the benefits you are entitled to for your level that I have ever seen.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, Paisley Pattern said:

Can I ask for some clarification on this group please? I have checked and double checked the Princess website and Captain's Circle pages and I am in dispute with Customer Services over this.

Currently I have 14 cruise credits and 143 days.  I have a cruise at Easter which will take me up to 15 cruises and 150 days.  

My summer cruise is a big 22 night one to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. I was convinced by reading the website that I would be Elite ie having completed 15 cruises and 150 days and about to start my 16th cruise. Infact the here is a direct quote from Elite status

Elite Member Recognition Pin
When you return for your sixteenth Princess cruise or your first cruise after reaching 150 cruise days visit the Captain’s Circle Host to request your Elite Member pin and wear it proudly to show your loyalty status.

However Princess now say I won't be Elite for my summer cruise!  Can anyone confirm when they received Elite status - was it on or after their 16th cruise?  Your help would be much appreciated

You will receive an email congratulating you on achieving Elite status within days of returning home from your Easter cruise. Then, sign in to your cruise Personalizer to see that  your status has changed. All your future cruises will show you as Elite in the computer and will be the only change to your original booking confirmation. 

7 hours ago, tipofthehook said:

You will receive an email congratulating you on achieving Elite status within days of returning home from your Easter cruise. Then, sign in to your cruise Personalizer to see that  your status has changed. All your future cruises will show you as Elite in the computer and will be the only change to your original booking confirmation. 

I did not receive that letter. I contacted Captain Club by email a month after I completed my 15 th cruise. The Personalizer was updated after that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, Ombud said:

Guess what I learned after my last cruise 12/03/2019?  I think I've got it right. Someone on cruise critic actually stated that they got a full afternoon tea set up. The elite set up is not limited to what's on the card that they give you. I'm gonna try this on my cruise this March because I'm traveling with 2 small kids and I think I'd rather sit on my own balcony and watch the world go by. Am I correct? Can I get a full set up or is that only for suites? I know what it says online but I also know what I'm told (I'd save what I can for their midnight snack)

An elite benefit is to be able to order the afternoon tea for your cabin. It does not matter what type of cabin you are in.

On 1/31/2020 at 12:05 AM, tipofthehook said:

I recently returned from my 15th cruise and didn't receive any type of notification regarding change in status, either on the ship or via email.  My personalizer did change to Elite, so all is good but Princess did not inform or congratulate me on my new status in any way.  I remember on previous cruises getting a letter and new pin in my stateroom towards the end of whatever cruise I was on when I changed status explaining my new Captain's Circle benefits, but not this time.  Since I could never find the rep at her desk I asked at the passenger services desk and he said they don't send out anything but he did root around and find me a pin.  My husband reached elite a couple of cruises ago and he also received nothing.  

On 6/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, voljeep said:

free laundry and a mini-bar set-up

Free laundry but our last 3-4 trips there were so many elite that there was a 3 day turnaround time to get your laundry. I did t bother just washed in sink myself. A pain cuz we travel lite carry in only .. 17 days even. 

On 10/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, Wehwalt said:

Yes you will get a new minibar each segment. I've been in both situations, both with a continuous booking and with separate ones. 

Is there another option if you don't want the mini bar or coffee card because your cruise included the drinks package?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

You can trade in the mini bar for wine to bring home. 

On a B2B we had a great server in TD on the second portion and didn't need the 2nd mini bar set up so we traded it for a bottle of wine and gave it to our server.  We couldn't believe how happy that made him.   He went around showing his friends what he had been given.  But he also had the head waiter confirm that we had given it to him.