Elite Benefits

cruisinggran

I'll be getting my first Elite benefits on a 58 day cruise that I booked as 1 cruise, but it's also sold as 3 segments. 

Will I get the minibar (or the coffee packages) for each segment or just once at the start of the cruise? Love to hear from anyone who's actually had this situation and experienced it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'll be getting my first Elite benefits on a 58 day cruise that I booked as 1 cruise, but it's also sold as 3 segments. 

Will I get the minibar (or the coffee packages) for each segment or just once at the start of the cruise? Love to hear from anyone who's actually had this situation and experienced it. Thanks!

Yes you will get a new minibar each segment. I've been in both situations, both with a continuous booking and with separate ones. 

On Elite benefits, they include an internet benefit.  Actually begins with Platinum.  Princess has never clearly documented what our benefit is under Medallion Net situation and only has the old language about free minutes.  They have advertised 25% off, but that is only on the On-Board price plan and not on the pre-cruise Personalizer pricing.  Since the On Board price plans are much higher, we don't really save anything near 25%.  I had posted a Medallion Net pricing chart earlier this summer on a couple of internet threads, but I have just found out that I was not given complete information.  As you will see below the 8-10 night lengths and the 11-12 night lengths have varying ON BOARD prices while the PRE-CRUISE price is consistent.  Here then is the updated chart and you can judge for yourself whether Princess has pretty much devalued the internet benefit to near zilch:

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $45.00 n/a $55.00 $41.25
7 $60.00 n/a $70.00 $52.50
8 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
9 $70.00 n/a $80.00 $60.00
10 $70.00 n/a $85.00 $63.75
11 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
12 $75.00 n/a $100.00 $75.00
14 $100.00 n/a $120.00 $90.00
15 - 30 $130.00 n/a $150.00 $112.50
31+ $180.00 n/a $200.00 $150.00
  • Like 1

On the mini-bar swap, I was informed by Princess rep today that the swap for a bottle of wine is up to $40 in value (clearly less value than two coffee packages assuming both partners in the cabin are consumers of coffee/tea, etc). 

What she could not tell me was is if we selected a $45 bottle, would we just be charged the difference of $5.  It works that way when you have a wine credit or gift as part of the cruise booking.  If anyone knows from experience on the wine swap, I would be interested in feedback. 

ETA:  I can likely find something that works, but I might want to pick something just over $40, rather than just under.  I did see one or two I would pick right on $40.

Just curious to know, but we are thinking we will swap it all for a few beers and the rest as Perrier.

Edited by steelers36

23 hours ago, steelers36 said:

On the mini-bar swap, I was informed by Princess rep today that the swap for a bottle of wine is up to $40 in value (clearly less value than two coffee packages assuming both partners in the cabin are consumers of coffee/tea, etc). 

What she could not tell me was is if we selected a $45 bottle, would we just be charged the difference of $5.  It works that way when you have a wine credit or gift as part of the cruise booking.  If anyone knows from experience on the wine swap, I would be interested in feedback. 

ETA:  I can likely find something that works, but I might want to pick something just over $40, rather than just under.  I did see one or two I would pick right on $40.

Just curious to know, but we are thinking we will swap it all for a few beers and the rest as Perrier.

What are the minibar beer choices for exchange ?

53 minutes ago, dns20 said:

What are the minibar beer choices for exchange ?

IDK exactly.  I think it will depend on what is in stock.  I would say they won't include large bottles like the Grolsch with the flip top if they still carry it and probably not large cans.  Not a fan of Bud and the like.  Will probably swap to Heineken from Dos Equis.  Anyway, we will just ask Room Service on board the options and go from there.

• 3 months later...

Can I ask for some clarification on this group please? I have checked and double checked the Princess website and Captain's Circle pages and I am in dispute with Customer Services over this.

Currently I have 14 cruise credits and 143 days.  I have a cruise at Easter which will take me up to 15 cruises and 150 days.  

My summer cruise is a big 22 night one to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. I was convinced by reading the website that I would be Elite ie having completed 15 cruises and 150 days and about to start my 16th cruise. Infact the here is a direct quote from Elite status

Elite Member Recognition Pin
When you return for your sixteenth Princess cruise or your first cruise after reaching 150 cruise days visit the Captain’s Circle Host to request your Elite Member pin and wear it proudly to show your loyalty status.

However Princess now say I won't be Elite for my summer cruise!  Can anyone confirm when they received Elite status - was it on or after their 16th cruise?  Your help would be much appreciated

35 minutes ago, Paisley Pattern said:

Can I ask for some clarification on this group please? I have checked and double checked the Princess website and Captain's Circle pages and I am in dispute with Customer Services over this.

Currently I have 14 cruise credits and 143 days.  I have a cruise at Easter which will take me up to 15 cruises and 150 days.  

My summer cruise is a big 22 night one to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. I was convinced by reading the website that I would be Elite ie having completed 15 cruises and 150 days and about to start my 16th cruise. Infact the here is a direct quote from Elite status

When you return for your sixteenth Princess cruise or your first cruise after reaching 150 cruise days visit the Captain’s Circle Host to request your Elite Member pin and wear it proudly to show your loyalty status.

However Princess now say I won't be Elite for my summer cruise!  Can anyone confirm when they received Elite status - was it on or after their 16th cruise?  Your help would be much appreciated

We did a b2b in November.  The first leg was my 15th cruise and the second leg was my 16th.  I received my Elite benefits on the 2nd cruise (#16). 

Hi Suejoe ,

I hope all is well with you.Jane had told me you were on this cruise. It seems to be very quiet. Are any of the veterans of this sailing  doing any planning ?  I know three other couples who are planning on doing this cruise again.

In December I was on the b2b  Sky Inaugurals . I love the ship and some of the changes. I never liked  the fountains on the Lido deck. At night when they were supposed to do the fountain and light show they weren't able to do it. Wind  and the boat moving lots of water spraying was going on.

Please get my email from Jane . I wanted to ask you a few things.

Sali

2 hours ago, Paisley Pattern said:

I just did my 16th cruise as an elite w/all perks included. You should too!

• Like 1

They will not change your status 'Until" after your summer cruise.  That means you must complete the cruise...

Your account will/should reflect your new Elite status once you return.

8 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

They will not change your status 'Until" after your summer cruise.  That means you must complete the cruise...

Your account will/should reflect your new Elite status once you return.

Because you booked your cruise while still Platinum Princess screws things up. AFTER your 15th cruise you will need to contact Princess and get them to manually change your status in the system to ELITE. Otherwise, because you were Platinum when you booked, their system will list you with that status. We recently did two cruises with a 4 day stay in Barcelona between them. The second cruise was our first as Elite but I had to go to the Captain's Circle Host and then to Passenger Services to get my status updated and get a new card. The Steward had us listed as Platinum so I had to hassle to try to get the mini bar. I spoke with Princess today about cruises we have booked for November/December and the guy said, "I see you are Platinum..." and I had to stop him and have him update the stupid system. We were Platinum when we originally booked those cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I contacted Captain Circle recently to get my status updated. I completed my 15 th cruise in Dec. my 2 future cruise travel summaries still showed Platinum because I booked them prior to my 15 th cruise. I emailed Princess and they did not reply. Next time I logged into my Personalizer it showed Elite. You will not complete your 15 th cruise until spring. After that is completed I suggest you contact them to make sure your account is updated before your summer trip

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Because you booked your cruise while still Platinum Princess screws things up. AFTER your 15th cruise you will need to contact Princess and get them to manually change your status in the system to ELITE. Otherwise, because you were Platinum when you booked, their system will list you with that status. We recently did two cruises with a 4 day stay in Barcelona between them. The second cruise was our first as Elite but I had to go to the Captain's Circle Host and then to Passenger Services to get my status updated and get a new card. The Steward had us listed as Platinum so I had to hassle to try to get the mini bar. I spoke with Princess today about cruises we have booked for November/December and the guy said, "I see you are Platinum..." and I had to stop him and have him update the stupid system. We were Platinum when we originally booked those cruises.

Agree.  I was recognized as Elite right away, but existing reservations still showed me as Platinum and when I called in the reps would thank me for my Platinum loyalty - until they fixed it.

I cruised on the Star Nov 1 through Nov 4 last year from Vancouver to LA simply to get that 15th (and 16th as it turned out as I ended up in a suite) credit, so that I would be Elite for our MR Thanksgiving Cruise on the Royal later that same month. When I got back home on the 4th, my Captain’s Circle status had been updated from Platinum to Elite, but as others had mentioned, my MR cruise for later that month, still showed Platinum in the personalizer. I called Princess, had them update the booking and then I went off into the Medallion app and finished off placing my Medallion order, so that it would show up with the right color. 🙂 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:07 AM, MissP22 said:

On our next cruise I'd like to trade my medallion in for a blue one.😊

This is funny because we received our medallions yesterday for our cruise on sky and all 4 of them were blue. My husband is elite and the rest of us are platinum. He thought it was no big deal, but for some reason, I was perturbed. I think it is just the principal of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dawniepoo said:

This is funny because we received our medallions yesterday for our cruise on sky and all 4 of them were blue. My husband is elite and the rest of us are platinum. He thought it was no big deal, but for some reason, I was perturbed. I think it is just the principal of it.

We'd just like to collect one of each color....not that it makes any difference.

I contacted Captain Circle recently to get my status updated. I completed my 15 th cruise in Dec. my 2 future cruise travel summaries still showed Platinum because I booked them prior to my 15 th cruise. I emailed Princess and they did not reply. Next time I logged into my Personalizer it showed Elite. You will not complete your 15 th cruise until spring. After that is completed I suggest you contact them to make sure your account is updated before your summer trip

On 6/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, fishywood said:

Yes that is what is done when there are a much larger than normal amount of Elites onboard. They have their own meeting area separate from the ticket waiting room and are called ahead of the others. But nowhere is waving your black card in the face of the others in line involved.

...and all this "wearing your Black card on a lanyard" will soon be moot. By the time the OP takes the cruise they are planning--their last as a Platinum in August 2020--more than half the fleet [every ship except the Sun & Sea, Island & Coral and Diamond & Sapphire & Majestic] will be on the Medallion. Where by necessity everyone will have their status pinned to their chest, dangling from their beltloop, or otherwise prominently accessorized.

Added Majestic ..... I have a water shuttle port in Vietnam so will be heading to the front of the next group down. 

40 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Added Majestic ..... I have a water shuttle port in Vietnam so will be heading to the front of the next group down. 

Oops! You're not supposed to cut into the front of the line. Supposed to get in the back.

On the Majestic, there will likely be at least some "elites only" shuttles...at least when they first start shuttling.

Do I let the Princess crew member guiding us to the final set of stairs skipping those winding around the plaza therefore putting us on the next water shuttle know that they are doing it wrong? 😏

Edited by Ombud

On 10/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, Steelers36 said:

On Elite benefits, they include an internet benefit.  Actually begins with Platinum.  Princess has never clearly documented what our benefit is under Medallion Net situation and only has the old language about free minutes.  They have advertised 25% off, but that is only on the On-Board price plan and not on the pre-cruise Personalizer pricing.  Since the On Board price plans are much higher, we don't really save anything near 25%.  I had posted a Medallion Net pricing chart earlier this summer on a couple of internet threads, but I have just found out that I was not given complete information.  As you will see below the 8-10 night lengths and the 11-12 night lengths have varying ON BOARD prices while the PRE-CRUISE price is consistent.  Here then is the updated chart and you can judge for yourself whether Princess has pretty much devalued the internet benefit to near zilch:

10 $70.00 n/a $85.00

$63.75

Not sure where this came from but our recent 10 day cruise on the Crown, the onboard pricing was 9.99/day which makes the $63. pkg look pretty good.

I kept my free minutes, but we bought the $63. pkg for the wife as she has a legal thing going that needs monitoring.

BTW, the MedallionNet service was spectacular....never found a dead spot or any kind of serious slow down.