ONLY HALF OF TRIP TICKETED WHAT TO DO???

bcnvcanada

Please help me I have only half of my easy air trip ticketed.  My return does not have a ticket number.

I have checked with the airlines and it has not been purchased.    I have

called Princess yesterday was on hold for over and hour and the agent couldn't get through to air department

.I do not want to leave without this return being solved.  Thank you

Have you gone into your personalizer to see if the return ticket has a different confirmation number? Both of mine do and the flights show under that number (1st flight out on AA back on Air Canada. 2nd flight out on United back on Air New Zealand)

You didn’t say how far out you are from traveling. Ticket will usually not be purchased until within 45 days.  So, you wouldn’t have a ticket number yet.   But the Personalizer should show the reservation number.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Have you called your airline directly and asked them if it has been ticketed?  What date are you flying?

OP said:

"I have checked with the airlines and it has not been purchased. "

I had this happen to me on flights that I had not paid for yet as it was well before final payment date.  I called the airline and they said that it had only partially been paid for by Princess.  I then called my contact at Princess (these were flights associated with a replacement cruise for a moveover offer we had previously accepted so I had direct access to someone at Princess).  She thought it was weird and called the air department while I was on hold.  She came back and said you learn something new every day.  Sometimes when Princess has a sale on air, they need to partially pay the airlines to hold the reservation with the airlines.  I was still allowed to change the flights just like I would for any other flexible EZair reservation.  And after the flights were fully paid for, the entire reservation would show as ticketed.  So this can happen and if it's before final payment date,  you should have nothing to worry about.  However, if it's after final payment date, you should definitely call your TA or Princess to have them ensure that the entire reservation is ticketed.

I think what happens is that Princess actually books flights “X” number of days (30?) before your flight. It’s not X number of days before your return flight. 

I wouldn’t worry until it’s the X number of days before your return flight. 

Thanks for all the advise.  I spent over two hours this morning on hold listening to the music over and over.

06:00 to 08:00 this morning.  Delta had sent me two texts and one email  requesting  that I contact the cruise

line for the return.  It is 36 days until the return flight.  

2 minutes ago, bcnvcanada said:

Thanks for all the advise.  I spent over two hours this morning on hold listening to the music over and over.

06:00 to 08:00 this morning.  Delta had sent me two texts and one email  requesting  that I contact the cruise

did you have to choose that font size ???

1 hour ago, bcnvcanada said:

It could be that they haven't gotten around to completely ticketing your flights at this point although they usually do that by 45 days prior to your cruise.  Since you've spent so much time on hold, you might just want to shoot an email to Customer Relations and tell them what you've gone through to no avail thus far in your quest to have your entire reservation ticketed.  This is their email:  customerrelations@princesscruises.com .  Good luck to you.

This also happened to me a few months ago.  I received an e-mail from United asking to finish my booking.  I went on United's website and saw that my flight from EWR to LHR had been ticketed but the return not.  I immediately called EZ Air and they told me not to worry.  Sometimes the airlines need to ticket the outbound flight immediately.

Since then I have rebooked the air twice for a lower price.  I am now around 65 days out from my flight.  I go on United's website again and see that only the one way outbound is ticketed, not the return.  And they also changed my confirmed seats from the two across on the window to a center inside and aisle.  They made ALL the two across window seats "extra legroom" for an additional $95 each.

2 hours ago, pris993 said:

this is why I book air my self directly with the airline, no ezair, no ta... handle myself... get my seats and have not doubt done.  

That works well for domestic flights, but booking international travel directly with the airline can cost two to three times the EZAir price, especially for one way travel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

That works well for domestic flights, but booking international travel directly with the airline can cost two to three times the EZAir price, especially for one way travel.

Suspect you are right.  We have traveled a lot internationally independent from cruising, so know what we want in flights and plan in advance and watch for the best rates, most direct routes and avoid code shares.  We also use airline miles for open jaw tickets when doing TAs, which is a good way to go to save money. 

Great news and wonderful CSR  who was able to get into EasyAir and now I have a return ticketed  flight.

I was concerned, as it was less that 30 days out for the return.  This is the first time that I have ever had an issue with EasyAir.   Thanks for all the good advise, hopefully, no one 

else will have a problem.   

• Like 1