Allure post-October 2019 itineraries with azipod issue

Royal hasn't announced any Allure itinerary changes (due to the azipod issue) for sailings after the end of October.  I'm scheduled for a Western Caribbean itinerary on Nov. 17th.  I've tried calling them twice, most recently a few minutes ago, but haven't been able to get any answers.

If Allure isn't going to be fixed until the 2020 dry dock, doesn't it seem logical that they'd know by now what the real November itineraries would be, or would it be in flux this late?  It bothers me that they're selling cruises based on an itinerary and times that seem unlikely to happen.  Right now we're scheduled for Cococay, Sea Day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, Sea Day.  Are these doable with the current azipod issue?

Yes, I know they can change the itinerary according to the cruise contract.  I'm guessing they could stop at San Juan five times and call it a cruise.  But the cruise contract also says I can cancel, and I might choose to reschedule for a time when I can at least hope to get to the current ports for a full day.   While I'm excited about going on the Allure again, I'm really a port person!

20 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Royal hasn't announced any Allure itinerary changes (due to the azipod issue) for sailings after the end of October.  I'm scheduled for a Western Caribbean itinerary on Nov. 17th.  I've tried calling them twice, most recently a few minutes ago, but haven't been able to get any answers.

If Allure isn't going to be fixed until the 2020 dry dock, doesn't it seem logical that they'd know by now what the real November itineraries would be, or would it be in flux this late?  It bothers me that they're selling cruises based on an itinerary and times that seem unlikely to happen.  Right now we're scheduled for Cococay, Sea Day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, Sea Day.  Are these doable with the current azipod issue?

Yes, I know they can change the itinerary according to the cruise contract.  I'm guessing they could stop at San Juan five times and call it a cruise.  But the cruise contract also says I can cancel, and I might choose to reschedule for a time when I can at least hope to get to the current ports for a full day.   While I'm excited about going on the Allure again, I'm really a port person!

If that worried about Port Change I'd change Cruise sooner then later

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RW_MI said:

They will wait until you are after final payment....👍😁

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I belief there is insurance you can buy that pays for port changes

It varies based on state. Not sure about OPs state, but I know Florida is one of the states where you can't get that coverage. Which is a bummer. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s called waiting until after final payment to notify. 

That shouldn't matter on a cancellation.  They do a full refund. 🤔

What I have seen is waiting a few weeks after a seasonal release. Then all the good cabins are gone

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That shouldn't matter on a cancellation.  They do a full refund. 🤔

What I have seen is waiting a few weeks after a seasonal release. Then all the good cabins are gone

I thought we were talking about itinerary changes after the previously announced through October for Azipod issues?  Did I miss something?

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought we were talking about itinerary changes after the previously announced through October for Azipod issues?  Did I miss something?

Both, just sharing

Edited by John&LaLa

8 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I suspect your itinerary will be altered to match the current times. What is the Allure current schedule for cruises that started off with your itinerary? 

As far as I know, they weren't offering this itinerary before November.  If anyone knows differently, I'd appreciate details!

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It varies based on state. Not sure about OPs state, but I know Florida is one of the states where you can't get that coverage. Which is a bummer. 

Last time I cruised, the port change insurance was offered.  So if I book, I'd choose that, but would probably still rather reschedule/cancel.

6 minutes ago, Welzel04 said:

We are booked January 19, 2020 should I be concerned cruise will be canceled for repairs?

Unfortunately, unpredictable.  Could happen to any sailing.

• 4 weeks later...