CoCo Cay

I was there last week. At the gates of the waterpark is just a small stand where they check your wristband. I honestly cant say if they have equipment or not to do it because they can just jot your portfolio # down and give you a band there. I would be safe and book it on the ship and not wait till you walk off the pier to do it.

I am also curious too, although I am assuming you would buy it at the shore excursions desk on the ship.  Can anyone tell me what the onboard price has been recently? (June/July).  I held out purchasing it early for $56.00 and now it's up to $92.00. I am wondering if it is just better to hold off now until I get on the ship and can use onboard credits.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kelly04 said:

I am also curious too, although I am assuming you would buy it at the shore excursions desk on the ship.  Can anyone tell me what the onboard price has been recently? (June/July).  I held out purchasing it early for $56.00 and now it's up to $92.00. I am wondering if it is just better to hold off now until I get on the ship and can use onboard credits.  Thanks!

We were there in June.  Purchased 7 weeks before cruise for $38.99  If you purchase and price goes down, you can call to cancel and repurchase at lower price.

I'm going to piggy back off this thread and ask a different question about Coco Cay. I know that if you have the drink package, it extends on to Coco Cay. Is there any food on Coco Cay that is included in your trip (not the dining package) or does it all have to be purchased? 

1 minute ago, Sherwinner said:

I'm going to piggy back off this thread and ask a different question about Coco Cay. I know that if you have the drink package, it extends on to Coco Cay. Is there any food on Coco Cay that is included in your trip (not the dining package) or does it all have to be purchased? 

They still have the BBQ lunch, and since the Perfect Day changes, there is at least one more "free" food venue.

we've been there twice since it opened, and will be back there again on Sunday. In our limited experience, the pricing is very "fluid" and seems to depend on which ship is docked, the duration of the cruise, what the pre-cruise pick-up was, and the demographics of the passengers. On Harmony (7-day Eastern), the prices were higher across the board than on Mariner (3-day week-ender), but there were a lot more kids on the Harmony cruise, and a lot more "seasoned" (or sauced) passengers on Mariner.

4 hours ago, GranysT said:

I haven't been to Coco Cay. since they added all this new area.  I guess there is now a charge to use this part?  Do they still have a beach area where you can sit and enjoy the water, for free?  

Yes, everything that was free before is still free.  They have also added at least one free food venue.

19 hours ago, orville99 said:

we've been there twice since it opened, and will be back there again on Sunday. In our limited experience, the pricing is very "fluid" and seems to depend on which ship is docked, the duration of the cruise, what the pre-cruise pick-up was, and the demographics of the passengers. On Harmony (7-day Eastern), the prices were higher across the board than on Mariner (3-day week-ender), but there were a lot more kids on the Harmony cruise, and a lot more "seasoned" (or sauced) passengers on Mariner.

Interesting, Im wondering if anyone has charted the price difference when there are two ships in port and one is much larger than the other. Is the pricing the same or does it depend on how many have pre booked. I'm on Empress next Jan and Harmony is in port with us. No pricing is available at this time, but Im curious if everyone there on the same date, pays the same rates before arriving in the cruise planner.

41 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Interesting, Im wondering if anyone has charted the price difference when there are two ships in port and one is much larger than the other. Is the pricing the same or does it depend on how many have pre booked. I'm on Empress next Jan and Harmony is in port with us. No pricing is available at this time, but Im curious if everyone there on the same date, pays the same rates before arriving in the cruise planner.

Pretty sure that I read posts where 2 ships there on the same date had different pricing.  

1 hour ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Ive seen one ship, 3 different consecutive weeks all different prices on things. They'll continue raise prices long as things are always booked up