Which ports do you enjoy returning to?

ilikeanswers

Getting back to the original topic: recently back from two weeks in Norway with every day and port fascinating.  Would also gladly go back to Charlottetown and St. John's in Canada, Kotor or almost any port in Croatia, Valletta, Amalfi, and Venice.

3 minutes ago, sattva said:

Getting back to the original topic: recently back from two weeks in Norway with every day and port fascinating.

Did you sail on a Hurtigruten ship?  We did in March and adored it.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:33 AM, MicCanberra said:

I have been to Naples 4 times already and would gladly go back again.

Easy to hop on one of those fast ferries & spend a day in Capri.  

3 hours ago, marco said:

Don't know if everyone realizes 31 Centegrade is about 88 Fahrenheit 

Balmy weather!  Haha.  We are hovering near 100 F these days.  Not unusual for this time of year where I am.   

Edited by ldubs

32 minutes ago, sattva said:

Getting back to the original topic: recently back from two weeks in Norway with every day and port fascinating.  Would also gladly go back to Charlottetown and St. John's in Canada, Kotor or almost any port in Croatia, Valletta, Amalfi, and Venice.

Why St. John's.

12 hours ago, clo said:

That's what I do but it gets very off as you go higher and lower.

And that pretty much amazes me that intl. travelers don't know.  No wonder they don't go wandering off on their own when in ports!

There are plenty of unit conversion apps available these days.

On 7/23/2019 at 7:36 AM, bonsai3s said:

When we sailed into Yokohama, we were welcomed by hundreds of flag waving locals...dancers and singers....singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow"......the architecturally stunning cruise terminal......the wonderful people inside that were all happy to provide information, tips, maps,.....and a free shuttle to town and the train station.   They even had a booth were you can wear a kimono and they take your picture....they give you the picture for free.....most passengers declined to have their pictures taken UNTIL they all realized it was free...compliments of the City of Yokohama.  So much to do in Yokohama and Tokyo.  The sail-away was just as memorable...Taiko drummers, dancers and singers...once again waving goodbye to all of us as we slowly sail away.......breathtaking.

Someone once told me in Japan that if you look out the window when the plane is taxiing to take off the ground crew wave you goodbye🤗. How long ago was you first sailing to Yokohama?

7 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Someone once told me in Japan that if you look out the window when the plane is taxiing to take off the ground crew wave you goodbye🤗. How long ago was you first sailing to Yokohama?

I wave at planes going overhead no matter where I am just in case someone is looking.😁

• Haha 1

I will admit I have fairly limited cruising experience. I am not a world traveler by cruise ship as I have neither sufficient vacation time nor the funds to take lengthy cruises at this particular time in my life.  That said, we have done a few places in the Caribbean. 

My favorite place to go is Grand Cayman.   I find the people to be very friendly and accommodating. I find them to be very polite. The port is always attractive and clean.  All  tours I have taken have always been conducted in an organized manner and the tour operators are always quite friendly and knowledgeable.  

We have done the excursion to swim with the rays on many occasions and I will probably do it again.  It's just an enjoyable excursion for me. 

Nassau has been my least favorite port, but I would probably get off again and try to find something to see. I have never been at Atlantis, and I hear it is something to see at least once. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:38 AM, MicCanberra said:

There is normally something to do in port. And while it may not be a favourite thing to do, it is still better than being at home.

I also try to find someting to do no matter how many times I have been to the same place. There is usually something even if it is just sitting in a nice park and people watching.

Interestingly it does seem European ports are a favourite😃.

59 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Interestingly it does seem European ports are a favourite😃.

My guess is that it's because of the demographics of CC. Most people on here are from North America. If this had been a European forum, my guess would be that the favourite ports of call would be different.

• Like 1