Drink package up to $60 a day.

I can tell you that we spent $319 per person on the last 7 day  Liberty cruise we took, where we were in the Presidential Suite with 3 other couples and when we stepped on board, they offered us that deal and we took it.  That's $45 a day and at the end we decided it would have to go lower to be cost effective for us.  We mostly drink in the suite or diamond lounge, maybe a late morning brunch cocktail and that's about it.  Even at $319 by the end of the week we were not drinking it up.  If the boarding deals are not lower this time, we will revert to our pay as you go strategy.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:37 PM, LuCruise said:

Checking cruise planner and the drink package went up today for a few or our cruises.  Most expensive is Anthem at $79.80 CAD.  Yikes.

Wonder if this is fallout of all the $18 packages they sold?

Mine today for Harmony in March 2020, $86.49 CAD😢

My Allure cruise for next year is showing at £50/day or £818 (nearly $1000) for two people with the gratuity. Madness. It's more than I paid for the cabin! If there isn't an offer will be the first cruise in a while where I've not purchased the package and just rely on the free drinks opportunities as a diamond member! 

1 minute ago, Mark_UK said:

My Allure cruise for next year is showing at £50/day or £818 (nearly $1000) for two people with the gratuity. Madness. It's more than I paid for the cabin! If there isn't an offer will be the first cruise in a while where I've not purchased the package and just rely on the free drinks opportunities as a diamond member! 

I’m lucky my second cruise next year, is in port most of the days of the cruise. So I will just basically drink on shore. I can’t justify the price for booze package.

15 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

Mine today for Harmony in March 2020, $86.49 CAD😢

Anthem went up again with this latest increase, also to $86 CAD.  Pretty crazy, eh? (Had to throw in the Canadian expression...lol)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Anthem went up again with this latest increase, also to $86 CAD.  Pretty crazy, eh? (Had to throw in the Canadian expression...lol)

I am seeing the same for my Mariner cruise on Sept 2nd. I don't see how $60 USD translates to $86 CAD...

Plus...I don't see how that is %20 off on board prices...there has to be a mistake there.

This will be a very dry cruise.

Edited by TimB1162
  • Like 1

Basic Economics......................What will the market Bear! 

Pay and they will charge...........how bad do you want it.? Is what we pay for cable in the US really worth it? We still pay for it. 😂

Cheers! 🍸

22 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

What you mean, we didn’t miss out?

I think they meant that the $18 mistakenly priced drink package didn't apply to sailings in that time frame - so you couldn't have gotten it anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB1162 said:

I am seeing the same for my Mariner cruise on Sept 2nd. I don't see how $60 USD translates to $86 CAD...

Plus...I don't see how that is %20 off on board prices...there has to be a mistake there.

This will be a very dry cruise.

Royal Caribbean’s math game is not strong! Lol

When there's not an actual sale going on with Cruise Planner items, the percentage banner that RCCL shows is often completely wrong, though historically it gets fixed before the next sale occurs, it does seem this time around they've got it just left screwed up.

RCCL has not put out any press release regarding pricing changes, the information they've provided as of 2019 is a range between US$63 and US$70 per day (onboard price), and generally those are sold in the Cruise Planner at a 20%, 25% or 30%-off sale price. When there's not a formal sale, the price appears to float someplace, usually around 20% off, but I see this time around on most of my sailings where it can be purchased now it's some amount that just doesn't match up to what would be 20%, 25% or 30% off, and doesn't match the banner at all. So at the moment I would simply not worry too much about it. Wait for the next Cruise Planner sale -- which should be no later than Labor Day week/weekend.

4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yikes noticed that on my two planners....I wonder if they will continue putting out special prices for the drink packages?

Sure, that is the way Royal works these days. 

30 minutes ago, dswallow said:

When there's not an actual sale going on with Cruise Planner items, the percentage banner that RCCL shows is often completely wrong, though historically it gets fixed before the next sale occurs, it does seem this time around they've got it just left screwed up.

For our April 2020 Oasis cruise, it originally said $60/day, and that had the 20% off banner. A couple of days later, it said $65/day with no 20% off banner. Most recently, the 20% off banner is still there, but the price is still $65/day. New math.

I'm just hoping for a Labor Day sale to get us at least in the 50s!

Edited by poompalou

I also am hoping for a Labor Day sale because if there isn't I just purchase a few drinks and bring my own on board (wine) and then I have the diamond lounge so I get some drinks there plus the 3 freebies that will be on my shipboard card...honestly, it be in RC best interest to lower the rates and make people happy so they don't stray to NCL or Celebrity which offer comp drinks on most of their cruises.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poompalou said:

For our April 2020 Oasis cruise, it originally said $60/day, and that had the 20% off banner. A couple of days later, it said $65/day with no 20% off banner. Most recently, the 20% off banner is still there, but the price is still $65/day. New math.

I'm just hoping for a Labor Day sale to get us at least in the 50s!

Checking drink package prices is like a game of Royal Roulette...it's like Russian Roulette but safer. 

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Checking drink package prices is like a game of Royal Roulette...it's like Russian Roulette but safer. 

I’m going to check around Black Friday and cyber Monday in November. I also might just bite the bullet and buy on board since my husband and mother don’t drink and I won’t be forced to buy them a package if u buy on ship

6 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I’m going to check around Black Friday and cyber Monday in November. I also might just bite the bullet and buy on board since my husband and mother don’t drink and I won’t be forced to buy them a package if u buy on ship

Never heard of this. Have you been able to do this in the past? I still think everyone would have to buy.  I have thought about trying this. Maybe I'll see what they say on my next cruise.