Footstools on Celebrity Summit

adele319

Just read on Facebook that footstools are no longer on balconies in Concierge Class. Does anyone know if this is true?  Traveling with a friend who has neuropathy and needs to elevated her feet. This is one of the reasons why we booked Concierge class. Thanks.

We sailed Summit five times, all pre-revolution, 4 times in aqua and once in a suite. I'm fairly certain that AQ and concierge never had footstools on Summit with the exception of some of the aft AQ cabins on deck 11. 

25 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I know what I will be on my first opportunity on the cruise to fill out a comment card....where is my footstool and my water for AQ class?

Good news.   You still get two bottles of water in AQ on arrival.   You also get daily Ice Tea.   

7 hours ago, adele319 said:

Just read on Facebook that footstools are no longer on balconies in Concierge Class. Does anyone know if this is true?  Traveling with a friend who has neuropathy and needs to elevated her feet. This is one of the reasons why we booked Concierge class. Thanks.

I have neuropathy as well and it does help to keep my feet up, although I can have them down for shorter periods of time. I’m fortunate that my medication helps, however it has also made me gain a lot of weight. I’ve been known to put my feet on the balcony railings.  Perhaps her doctor could offer some advice while she goes on the cruise. I hope she finds a solution!  

I have read this a while ago on these boards.  While a footstool is not important to some, it is one of the perks that I loved.  But, instead of changing rooms or getting upset, I bought 2 blow up footstools on Amazon that come with a pump and weight less than 3 pounds for both for about $20 each.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm reporting back on LLP's suggestion to ask your cabin attendant for a footstool. I'm on Summit now, in Concierge class, and I asked mine if he was aware that LLP wrote on cruise critic that if we asked our cabin steward to bring us one, that he would do it. Just as many of us suspected,  there is no stash of footstools,  stowed away on the ship. He said that other cruisers have asked for one since the refit, and some have been told by customer relations to ask the cabin attendant.  He mentioned that this has put them in an awkward position. Some people on this board have mentioned that Summit never had footstools.  I'm not sure if this is true or not. We've been sailing with Celebrity for years but this is the first time on an M class ship. The cabin steward did mention that the footstools were all thrown away during the refit.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, bhughey said:

We sailed Summit five times, all pre-revolution, 4 times in aqua and once in a suite. I'm fairly certain that AQ and concierge never had footstools on Summit with the exception of some of the aft AQ cabins on deck 11. 

Not sure about concierge, but you are correct that AQ did not have footstools on M class, perhaps with the exceptions you mention.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, Loracpin2 said:

As the prices increase, the amenities decrease.....the new definition of great Customer Service!!!!!

I know, right.  Very frustrating.  Companies are no longer satisfied with good returns on investment.  They just want more and more and more.  People say walk with your feet- if people no longer sail they will need to change.  But is that really a realistic option?  Do we give up a vacation we truly love just because we are not happy with some of the changes like this?   I feel helpless to affect any changes, and I hate feeling helpless.  But at least here on Cruise Critic I can vent a bit and know that I am not alone in my feelings.  (and for the record, I do write good things about Celebrity as well - and there are many)

No footstools available and a smaller balcony table have been discussed on CC lately.

There is a headline posting on the Celebrity forum where Celebrity CEO Ms. Lutoff-Perlo replies to  some questions concerning the “Edgification “ of Celebrity ships.

Inquiries concerning changes of the footstools and balcony furniture have been posted.

Interesting reading.

I suggest everyone stop complaining about the missing footstools lest the folks at Celebrity decide to also do away with the beds.....and switch to futons on the floor.  It's coming....along with the pay toilets in the cabins....but that's the for the next CEO to implement.

2 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

I'm reporting back on LLP's suggestion to ask your cabin attendant for a footstool. I'm on Summit now, in Concierge class, and I asked mine if he was aware that LLP wrote on cruise critic that if we asked our cabin steward to bring us one, that he would do it. Just as many of us suspected,  there is no stash of footstools,  stowed away on the ship. He said that other cruisers have asked for one since the refit, and some have been told by customer relations to ask the cabin attendant.  He mentioned that this has put them in an awkward position. Some people on this board have mentioned that Summit never had footstools.  I'm not sure if this is true or not. We've been sailing with Celebrity for years but this is the first time on an M class ship. The cabin steward did mention that the footstools were all thrown away during the refit.

Sad on so many levels. Most seriously, LLP and her underlinings telling people to ask cabin stewards for something they know no longer exists. Shame on them. 

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

I suggest everyone stop complaining about the missing footstools lest the folks at Celebrity decide to also do away with the beds.....and switch to futons on the floor.  It's coming....along with the pay toilets in the cabins....but that's the for the next CEO to implement.

One of the reasons that cruise lines get away with all these cuts is that there are a number of cruisers who accommodate them by doing things on their own--and at their cost--instead of complaining.  Viz inflatable footstools from Amazon, buying bottles of water that used to be in AQ cabins.  Now....if they do your suggestion for bedding, they will gladly haul their own cot on board (folding for transport of course)

image.jpeg.0f97e24b5c380b367d931e27c6afadd9.jpeg

• Like 1