Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

It was a matter of time...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-05/coronavirus-on-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-in-japan/11931688

There is about to be an exodus of all cruise ships out of China.  There won't even be port calls by passing ships.  

I also think they won't come back for quite some time after the pandemic passes because confidence will not return quickly.  

11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

It was a matter of time...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-05/coronavirus-on-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-in-japan/11931688

There is about to be an exodus of all cruise ships out of China.  There won't even be port calls by passing ships.  

I also think they won't come back for quite some time after the pandemic passes because confidence will not return quickly.  

That will be very interesting to see how Royal's plans change..

17 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

That will be very interesting to see how Royal's plans change..

Indeed.  

What do the good folks here think Royal will do with Spectrum, Quantum and Voyager for the next several months?  My uninformed guess is that Singapore and Australia will share the two Q class two ships in some combination and Voyager leaves the region.   

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think send spectrum to Singapore.

send Quantum to Alaska in place of radiance ( it’s going to Alaska next year anyway)

leave radiance and voyager in Australia all year

Quite possibly you are right.  Royal should not be accepting people who have been through HK or China in the previous 30 days. (the man who infected diamond Princess took 20 days to present to hospital). They will have a hard time filling spectrum with non banned people if cruising out of Taipei. I think Singapore is the only country I'd trust in the region. 

Edited by MichellePerth

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

send Quantum to Alaska in place of radiance ( it’s going to Alaska next year anyway)

Can Quantum profit from going to Alaska this early? It's so cold up there now, who would want to cruise in winter there?

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Not immediately. She could do a circumnavigation of Australia.  They sell out every time.   And then go via Hawaii in April. 

That’s a good idea.

Doesn’t voyager go to LA in June.

That just leaves radiance and serenade is coming into the picture too.

9 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Can Quantum profit from going to Alaska this early? It's so cold up there now, who would want to cruise in winter there?

Have to be better than floating around the South China Sea empty.

Could they do Vancouver to Hawaii?

Apparently this week is a deciding time if China has control of the situation but it doesn’t look good.

500 people dead,20,000 infected 

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Have to be better than floating around the South China Sea empty.

Could they do Vancouver to Hawaii?

Apparently this week is a deciding time if China has control of the situation but it doesn’t look good.

500 people dead,20,000 infected 

The real number is much much higher. I've heard reports that the official website read 170,000 and 20,000 before going to the lower numbers. 

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Quantum class is not able to dock in Seward (and Ketchikan), too big....

8 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

What does ovation do? 

Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, Tracy Arm Fjord. She can also visit Vancouver, but that might be dependent on other factors. 

Port bookings for Quantum in 2021 suggest she can visit Ketchikan.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Indeed.  

What do the good folks here think Royal will do with Spectrum, Quantum and Voyager for the next several months?  My uninformed guess is that Singapore and Australia will share the two Q class two ships in some combination and Voyager leaves the region.   

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22389-bayley-contingency-plans-in-place-for-spectrum.html

6 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Just read on social media Taiwan has banned cruise ships with Chinese crew on board.  If true I assume this would include Spectrum. 

It would likely include nearly every cruise ship on the planet. 

Bali has stopped all flights to and from China. 5000 Chinese tourists are there, including 200 from the hubei/wuhan area.  Indonesia is letting them extend their visas and it looks like most want to stay in bali, and why not. 

50 minutes ago, little britain said:

Wonder what they will do with Wonder... ?

RCI is very lucky that she's coming out next spring not this one - I suspect things will be back to normal by then. Her initial deployment info might be delayed tho......

• Thanks 1