NIGHT OF SENIOR OFFICER'S PARTY SUMMIT

CDLTEL

Are you talking the general one or the Captain's Club one? Last week the Captain's Club first event was in the afternoon on Tuesday (I'm pretty sure). Then the Select level and above Senior Officer's party was at 7:45 on Thursday (second port day in Bermuda). All the senior officers were at both of these. There was also an opportunity for everyone to meet and greet and take pictures on Monday evening (first sea day) but I don't think drinks were served at that one.

Edited by lorimay

40 minutes ago, CDLTEL said:

Senior Officer's party 

Do they load drinks on your card for that evening, Elite and above?

Thanks 

No .. There is no Happy Hour for Elite and up on that evening but there will be free drinks served at the event

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

No .. There is no Happy Hour for Elite and up on that evening but there will be free drinks served at the event

Wrong...….Since the inception of the new rules, just go to any bar on Seniors night and they still offer drinks unlimited from 5-7. In fact we just sat at bar in Skylounge  having drinks will the party was getting stated around 7:45.

Edited by WAVTAM

Select and above. ?  ..

Hmm.. that's almost everyone registered in Cap Club....just a repeat of the gen Cap Club Party.

Maybe that's why the Senior Officers parties are so crowded these days.? Traditionally this was a lovely uncrowded event with music, dancing, nice  snacks, drinks etc  for Elite and above..

Last few times it was jammed packed with more than Elite and up...not very special anymore!

30 minutes ago, WAVTAM said:

Wrong...….Since the inception of the new rules, just go to any bar on Seniors night and they still offer drinks unlimited from 5-7. In fact we just sat at bar in Skylounge  having drinks will the party was getting stated around 7:45.

Correct. 

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

This WAS correct for our Summit cruise to Bermuda in May.  On your Captain's Club sheet (in your cabin) it clearly states "not on Embarkation day or the night of the Senior Officer's Party".

However, we had a drink package so it was irrelevant.  

Clarify from lasting posting. For Elite and above, there are drinks on Seniors night. The Sky Lounge is just not reserved for Elite and above. All can attend. On Seniors might  you can also go to Passport bar and show card and get all your drinks from 5-7.

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

What about first night? Are drinks loaded for use between 5 and 7 during first night too?

No drinks loaded on your Seapass card the first night. Bummer! That's one area where the Captain Club falls short for our elite and elite+ perks. But we always get the CBP. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Husky61 said:

I am glad I have no interest in attending the Officer party.

We usually go for a short while to meet some of the Officers but  rarely stay for the whole event...too jam packed. 

On EDGE everyone in Cap Club was invited and seems they all showed up.. Same on Infinity just before that

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

We usually go for a short while to meet some of the Officers but  rarely stay for the whole event...too jam packed. 

On EDGE everyone in Cap Club was invited and seems they all showed up.. Same on Infinity just before that

We're glad Celebrity still offers the get together. A nice options for those of us that enjoy attending. 

26 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We're glad Celebrity still offers the get together. A nice options for those of us that enjoy attending. 

Have yours been very crowded recently..? 

I agree the parties are usually very nice....just more crowded.

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Have yours been very crowded recently..? 

I agree the parties are usually very nice....just more crowded.

Agree. Infinity/ Pacific coastal cruise/September 2018 . Not as many attended compared to the Caribbean cruises. It will be interesting to see how well the senior offers party will be attended on our Summit/New England Canada cruise/September 2019. 

Will be interesting to find out

.Hope you'll post as your cruise is coming up soon!  Enjoy.!

We do not sail again on Summit until May 2020.. next up for us is back to the EDGE   EDEN is a large space  In Jan it was SRO  and all seats were taken even up along the ramp....

I wonder who decides which Cap Club levels will be invited to the Sr Officers Party.?  ..CD, Cap Club rep ???

8 hours ago, hcat said:

Will be interesting to find out

.Hope you'll post as your cruise is coming up soon!  Enjoy.!

We do not sail again on Summit until May 2020.. next up for us is back to the EDGE   EDEN is a large space  In Jan it was SRO  and all seats were taken even up along the ramp....

I wonder who decides which Cap Club levels will be invited to the Sr Officers Party.?  ..CD, Cap Club rep ???

We always do. I'll try to remember to post when we return. I'm taking a WAG and believe it's up to the Captains Club office in Miami for the fleet. 

Edited by davekathy

On 8/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, davekathy said:

No drinks loaded on your Seapass card the first night. Bummer! That's one area where the Captain Club falls short for our elite and elite+ perks. But we always get the CBP. 

No drinks in the bar the first night under the new rules? (They do it on officers night)