Bar service

chmusar

11 minutes ago, chmusar said:

Never had a drinks package before was wondering if i go to bar and i want 2 drinks can i just show my wifes pass or does she need to come to the bar with me 

No - take both cards and you'll be fine!

Although in the realms of 'equality' ... even she could take both your cards and get the drinks for you! ha ha

Edited by IzznOll17

15 minutes ago, chmusar said:

Never had a drinks package before was wondering if i go to bar and i want 2 drinks can i just show my wifes pass or does she need to come to the bar with me 

The other person doesn't need to be with you just their Seapass card. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you frequent any particular bar and the staff gets to know you, you won't need to bring the second card with you, they'll know you both have the package.

Nope.  They have to swipe both cards to account for the drinks.

Might work for water and sodas.

Edited by SRF

28 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you frequent any particular bar and the staff gets to know you, you won't need to bring the second card with you, they'll know you both have the package.

That has never been our experience on the ships we've sailed on with the BP or our C&A HH drinks that are loaded on our Seapass card. Two drinks, two cards. 

8 hours ago, chmusar said:

100% of the time, we have been able to do this.  Sometimes I could order the DH a double, sometimes not

Last year on Liberty, the bartenders swiped our cards at first, but stopped after a while. This was at multiple bars, with different bartenders but we were sitting there with them for a while. Some would just look at the sea pass card, and give a disregarding wave. On Jewel this year, our cards were always swiped.  It appears that it varies by ship. The same thing with a receipt, some will give you a receipt while others did not. But to the OP's question, I could get 2 drinks & 2 waters using both cards at any bar.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Why  would you make their lives that much harder?  Just take the two ^%#$@ cards.

A. I didn't make them do anything. I'm telling you what they did when I ordered two drinks.

B. Don't get a job in customer service. You'd be much better working in a cubicle away from anyone else.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

A. I didn't make them do anything. I'm telling you what they did when I ordered two drinks.

B. Don't get a job in customer service. You'd be much better working in a cubicle away from anyone else.

A.  Doesn't mean it didn't make their job a bit harder.

Have you ever worked as a server in a restaurant?  I don't mean this is in a snarky way.  If the answer is no, then you don't know what extra work is required to fulfill some requests.  Bringing two cards is not an undo hardship for the customer.  It is not like they weigh a pound.

At certain bars around the US, if you order two drinks, the other person needs to be in eye shot of the bartender.  If either or both appears to be under 35 years old, the bartender will ask for i.d's 

58 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Yes, you did.  By not simply handing them two cards, they were forced to look her up.  

They work hard.  I see no reason to make them work harder because you are too lazy to carry two cards.  As chmusar said above, they're not too heavy.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, davekathy said:

That has never been our experience on the ships we've sailed on with the BP or our C&A HH drinks that are loaded on our Seapass card. Two drinks, two cards. 

During HH first 2 drinks on my card.

Next 2 drinks on Pauline's card.

Last 2 drinks both cards swiped.

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, you did.  By not simply handing them two cards, they were forced to look her up.  

They work hard.  I see no reason to make them work harder because you are too lazy to carry two cards.  As chmusar said above, they're not too heavy.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:26 PM, SRF said:

Nope.  They have to swipe both cards to account for the drinks.

Might work for water and sodas.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:38 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Why  would you make their lives that much harder?  Just take the two ^%#$@ cards.

Sorry but I'm on Brilliance now as I write this and after about day 3 or 4, the 3 of 4 bars I frequent the most dont even swipe my card or my wife's anymore.  I offer them our cards and they just wave it away.

I'm just mentioning this beacause apparently they do not have to scan cards, and if they know you, it looks like it is easier and more efficient to enter it themselves rather than scan your cards.

But the first few days, I just gave them our 2 cards and we never seen a slip to sign yet except at vintages when we order wine that is above the package allowance.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

During HH first 2 drinks on my card.

Next 2 drinks on Pauline's card.

Last 2 drinks both cards swiped.

They use to do that when we used our drink vouchers but I've never seen them do it with the package.