Suites Breakfast/Lunch in Chops/Giovanni

slyster

I booked my first suite and I'm still learning about some of the perks.  I'll be on Freedom and it was shared with me that either Chops and Giovannis is open to suites and pinnacle members for breakfast and sometimes lunch.  I was told breakfast is "made-to-order".  Can someone explain how this experience is different than the MDR for breakfast?  Made-to-order makes me think I just tell them what I want, but I wasn't sure that's how it worked. 

Also, how fast is service compared to MDR?  One of the things I don't like about the MDR is how long a breakfast or lunch can take.  Sometimes that's fine, but not when I have other activities planned.  Thanks in advance...

• Clarea changed the title to Suites Breakfast/Lunch in Chops/Giovanni
1 hour ago, slyster said:

I booked my first suite and I'm still learning about some of the perks.  I'll be on Freedom and it was shared with me that either Chops and Giovannis is open to suites and pinnacle members for breakfast and sometimes lunch.  I was told breakfast is "made-to-order".  Can someone explain how this experience is different than the MDR for breakfast?  Made-to-order makes me think I just tell them what I want, but I wasn't sure that's how it worked. 

Also, how fast is service compared to MDR?  One of the things I don't like about the MDR is how long a breakfast or lunch can take.  Sometimes that's fine, but not when I have other activities planned.  Thanks in advance...

the menu is quite small, but has a few unique dishes.   you can always get  the usual suspects( eggs Benedict, etc)   there will also probably be a very small self serve cold bar with   cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries and shrimp cocktail.  service is MUCH quicker as you are seated  alone, not forced into sharing  with large tables.  

depending on ship and even  staff, you can get fresh squeezed OJ even without a drink package.  if the restaurant is near enough to the WJ bar, they will even fetch your fancy schmancy coffees ( on the package)  

as for lunch.. we usually don't take advantage but it ranges from  just having a reserved space to eat your WJ plate to again, a limited menu .

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm assuming you are in a grand suite or higher.  Just want to make sure you know junior suites don't qualify for this suite benefit.

Service is typically faster than MDR depending what you order.

Yes, a GS

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

and you do not have to order from the menu... they cook most items right there in that kitchen (chops or Giovanni's) so I've order three or four eggs and and fruit cup even though its not on the menu 

thank you.  That is good to know.  I love egg white, veggie omelets so I hope they can make those there otherwise, I know there is the omelet station in the WJ.  

13 minutes ago, slyster said:

thank you.  That is good to know.  I love egg white, veggie omelets so I hope they can make those there otherwise, I know there is the omelet station in the WJ.  

Egg white omelets are no problem.  Probably on the menu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spookwife said:

the menu is quite small, but has a few unique dishes.   you can always get  the usual suspects( eggs Benedict, etc)   there will also probably be a very small self serve cold bar with   cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries and shrimp cocktail.  service is MUCH quicker as you are seated  alone, not forced into sharing  with large tables.  

depending on ship and even  staff, you can get fresh squeezed OJ even without a drink package.  if the restaurant is near enough to the WJ bar, they will even fetch your fancy schmancy coffees ( on the package)  

as for lunch.. we usually don't take advantage but it ranges from  just having a reserved space to eat your WJ plate to again, a limited menu .

We have enjoyed suite breakfast  on many ships, and the only time we had a small buffet was in Chops suite breakfast  on a Brilliance transatlantic.    I don’t recall seeing shrimp. But perhaps this buffet is set up on other ships. Does anyone have experience with this type of buffet?  If so, what ship and which venue?

We often find the menu to be similar to what is on the dining room menu, but the service is generally far superior. 

thanks. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 hours ago, slyster said:

It’s on the menu.  Mr spook loves it.  You can pretty much pick your veggies too

Not sure about Freedom, but Liberty just recently stopped serving specialty lunch in Chops or Giovanni’s and now just allow seating for Suite guests in Chops to bring in their food from WJ. 

I’ve found that breakfast in Giovanni’s is much better than MDR. Your food is served quicker and is never cold from being mass produced. I like pancakes and they’ve always been much better as opposed to the usual dry powder puffs served elsewhere. Just a much more relaxing environment.  

5 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Not sure about Freedom, but Liberty just recently stopped serving specialty lunch in Chops or Giovanni’s and now just allow seating for Suite guests in Chops to bring in their food from WJ. 

I’ve found that breakfast in Giovanni’s is much better than MDR. Your food is served quicker and is never cold from being mass produced. I like pancakes and they’ve always been much better as opposed to the usual dry powder puffs served elsewhere. Just a much more relaxing environment.  

oh good to know!  thanks for sharing your experience!

20 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Does anyone know how this works on Mariner?  We will be in a Grand Suite.  Do they also have a place set aside for breakfast or lunch?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

One of the specialty restaurants will be available for suite breakfast.  There will be a letter in your stateroom with details.

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Just my luck.  Will be on Liberty for 14 nights in Oct.  Was hoping to try the limited lunch menu and how it compares to CK on the Oasis class.  Heres hoping they go back to a limited menu for lunch by Oct.  

4 hours ago, Noreen411 said:

Does anyone know how this works on Mariner?  We will be in a Grand Suite.  Do they also have a place set aside for breakfast or lunch?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Chops for breakfast on Mariner. Nothing set aside for lunch, except for embarkation day when they have lunch in the MDR for Suites and Pinnacles. This is the letter from the Suite Concierge in April.

Subject: Greeting from your Concierge onboard the Mariner of the Seas. Sailing date April 26, 2019 - Royal Suite #1620
Dear Suite Guest,

Welcome onboard of our beautiful the Mariner of the Seas. My name is Nadja, and I am your dedicated Concierge. My top priority is to make your adventure extra special by offering exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard, like limited VIP seats near the Pool bar, reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Sport activities, Explorations, Vitality Spa services and arrangements for private parties.  My desk hours in the Suite lounge are daily from 8:00am to 11:30am and 4:30pm - 8:30pm.

Boarding day from 11:00am to 1:00pm, I will standby the Suite lounge on DK 14 aft, please fell free to pass by for any question or concerns.
Your suite will be ready at 1:00pm, meanwhile you will receive your Seapass cards which are placed at your doorplate.
Welcome lunch for our Top Suite & Pinnacle guests will be served between 11:30am - 1:00pm in the Dining room on Deck 3 aft.

Here are just a few more suite benefits you’ll enjoy!
·         Use of the Suite Lounge Dk14 aft.
·         Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities.
·        Breakfast served in the Suite Lounge daily from 7:00am to 10:00am.
·        A la carte breakfast served in Chops Grille on Deck 11 aft and in Dining Room on Deck 3 by following daily Dining Room opening hour.
·         Hors D’oeuvres and complementary cocktails served in the lounge daily at 5:00pm-8:30pm.
·         Complimentary room service 24-hours (drinks are additional).
·        Full Dining Room service privileges (please dial Room Service via 3414 or 3415 during Dining Room service daily opening hours).
·        Reserved VIP seats for our Production and Ice shows (please show your Golden SeaPass card at the entrance 30 minutes before the show starts).

The Suite lounge is a private area reserved for the guests staying in Grand Suites and above categories. The lounge is accessible on a 24-hour base with your SeaPass card. Food and beverages are for consumption with in the comfort of the Suite lounge only. The lounge has been designated as a smoke-free area.
Dress Code: We respectfully request that the guests observe a smart casual dress code when visiting the lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).
Age requirement: To ensure all of our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Please visit the Suite Lounge or contact me by dialing 3239 from any ship phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation even more memorable, please do not hesitate to ask.

I sincerely look forward to help you create the most memorable vacation ever!

Best Regards,

Nadja Djurdjevic
Concierge | Mariner of the Seas
Royal Caribbean International - 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami FL 33132