Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass Prices Getting Ridiculous

I have 3 kids, ages 15, 13, and 11.  Luckily, they agree with me that it’s crazy to go to a water park when there is a beach right there.  We can go to a water park anytime. But, we don’t live close to a beach and only get to see the ocean once or twice a year, so a water park is a waist of time.  

21 hours ago, ItalianBoyy said:

Our Navigator cruise in December has it shown as $47.99. Initially wasn't going to purchase it, but at that price I'm really tempted to give it a try.

Purchase now and think about if you want to try it later.  

Am presently on the MJ, and today is a "Perfect Day at Coco Cay", and the price for the water park is $79.00, and $54.00 to ride the balloon.    We spent a few hours by the pool, and enjoyed lunch.    The price for enjoying the beach, pool and several restaurants is "ZERO".

We only saw the balloon go up twice, and one time it looked like there were only 3 or 4 people, even though it holds 30.

The food served on the island, especially the hamburgers, I consider to be an upgrade from the ones served in the Windjammer.

Rick

For our cruise in early February on the Harmony I paid $69 PP for two full day passes (1/2 day not offered).  Now it's listed for $89 PP.  I originally expected the water park would be included free of charge too.

I think that's high, but I have certainly paid more than that for other excursions in the past.  The lovely waterparks in Orlando are all less than that and look better IMHO.   You are sort of captive though at Coco Cay, and DS 23 wanted to do this.  He and are doing it.  DH and my dad are skipping. DS picked out the cruise and part of his picking this itinerary (probably due to all the RCCL advertising) was to see Coco Cay - the whole thing including waterpark.  If it's something you want to do, seems a shame to skip it when you are already spending so much on a cruise.  

Putting this into perspective too, we did a cruise two 1/2 years ago (NCL Escape) that stopped in Nassau and sprung for day water park passes at Atlantis.  OMG those prices seemed totally crazy to me (something like $150 or so).  Even so, I sprung for these for DS and his friend as they had seen the advertisements since they were little and were really keen on checking it out.  DH and I just did the less expensive Aquariums tours closer to a $30/$40 price point.  With the high price of the waterpark there, we weren't going to spring for that for DH and me (not worth it to us). 

Looks like with all the price changes, Royal is maximizing profits and doing a supply and demand thing.  And I guess we all need to decide individually if it's worth it to us.

Edited by kathy884

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

A tad off topic here, but do they even offer a half day pass? If so would the prices literally be slashed in half or just a percentage off?

Just a few dollars off, nowhere near half off.

HOTS for September is showing me $94 for the water park, however we have already primed the kids a while ago that we're not doing the water park as (then) $260 for the four of us for a couple of hours is not justifiable. We took them a water park in Atlanta couple of weekends ago and the fact the lines for a lot of the slides were long made them stick to the lazy river and small slides. They said if the water park lines were like that then they're fine not going. Easy sell. 

12 minutes ago, RickAinley said:

HOTS for September is showing me $94 for the water park, however we have already primed the kids a while ago that we're not doing the water park as (then) $260 for the four of us for a couple of hours is not justifiable. We took them a water park in Atlanta couple of weekends ago and the fact the lines for a lot of the slides were long made them stick to the lazy river and small slides. They said if the water park lines were like that then they're fine not going. Easy sell. 

Save that money for a soda package or dining package which IMO is much more worth your money!

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

A tad off topic here, but do they even offer a half day pass? If so would the prices literally be slashed in half or just a percentage off?

They aren't offering a half day pass for our cruise next month.  Just full day.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, sjb317 said:

My son just got back from Harmony, the on board price was $99.  Guests under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.  7 of the slides say minimum height is 48 inches so my 5 year old grand daughter would not be able to ride any of them but she would still have to pay the full price as it starts at age 4.  She will not be happy if her brother goes and she does not😀

Sherri🙂

My kids 12 and 13 (admittedly they look older) scanned their sea pass and gained entry without an adult supervising them.

When we first accessed the cruise planner, I had a 1/2 day option - can't recall the priced.  By the time I went to buy - the 1/2 day was gone and I paid 69.99 USD for the passes.

Yes, Royal provides tram service - but the walk is reasonable - less than 5 minutes.

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

All the complaining about the price being too high. Demand will set the price. The 6000 passenger ships are likely to have higher prices, the more people, the more willing to pay the price. 

Saying something is wrong is different than complaining about it. 

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who complains because they think something is right?

in my opinion 

Those who don't like something, still does not make it wrong.   What if someone complained about people wearing tuxedos for formal night?  Would that make wearing tuxedos wrong?

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Those who don't like something, still does not make it wrong.   What if someone complained about people wearing tuxedos for formal night?  Would that make wearing tuxedos wrong?

I guess that depends what one thinks about formal night and dressing up. What is right to some may not be right to others. 

Demand will set the threshold on pricing by ship for the Water Park. People can complain by choosing not to book. Once demand drops, so will price. As long as they can charge $80-99 and sell plenty of passes, prices not likely to go down. 

I got the waterslides for $32 for the whole day on symphony in June. I bought it before grand opening. My teens liked it but said it was to crowded. I dislike Coco cay. To me it’s like a Disney water park. I want to go on a cruise to go islands not a big Disney park. I live in Florida, I don’t need more Disney nonsense. 

Edited by renza
  • Like 2

For my Allure trip this December, its being offered for $61.99 for full day.  I'm personally not going to use it because I do not believe this is a very good value.  Someone above mentioned Water County and I suspect Water Country, USA in Williamsburg is probably a better water park than this one.

At one point in my life, I used to love water parks, and now, Im a bit indifferent to it now.  I still got more than 3 months to go to make up my mind.

Who here remembers the old Aqua Park at CocoCay?  

This was $37 for one hour in 2017.

Ulveguo.jpg

VcE7y22.jpg

Inflatable slides not included.  

$26 for a day pass

wpeN9Oo.jpg

Combined that was $63 in 2017 for one hour in the Aqua Park and your choice of left, right or center slide.  

Personally I suspect they are raising the new Thrill Water Park prices on larger ships to manage participation.  People are paying it but when too many people do it becomes less valuable because of long lines.  Then people complain about that.  

Also note what's missing in that first picture - umbrellas.  They used to be $20-$25 for the day.  Now they are free and all over the place.  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:03 PM, Mikew0805 said:

I have been twice to Coco since the changes. I love the place and both times I have done the Oasis Lagoon and spent nothing. I am going again solo in September and plan on doing the same thing. We did just buy the thrill waterpark pass for October though, and it was $47pp for Navigator. After that I am scheduled to be there in April, and am hoping to spend time on South Beach, since it should be completed.

Will South Beach be available for everyone?

On 8/21/2019 at 11:28 AM, Mikew0805 said:

Yes, there is a tram that runs every 15 minutes. You can also take it to various parts of the island.

It looked like you had to transfer from the little golf carts that serve the pier, to the big trams that go around the island.