Printer chaos

nanaofthree

40 minutes ago, nanaofthree said:

My printer has decided it’s not working any more , can I get my e-ticket another way or will I have to cough up for a new one 

Some options you may like to consider.

Did you book via a TA, if so explain the situation to them and ask them to provide your e tickets.

Have you a member of your family or a friend willing to print them off for you.

Contact P&O direct and explain the situation to them. They should be able to send your e tickets through the post.

Hopefully you will be able to obtain your e tickets one way or another.

Edited by P-L-B

4 hours ago, nanaofthree said:

Thank you for reply , I will phone p and o tomorrow and try and sort it out ,if not printer shopping at weekend lol 

Good luck, printers are not an expensive item these days.  Enjoy your cruise.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good luck, printers are not an expensive item these days.  Enjoy your cruise.

Just bought a fab little printer yesterday from Currys. Prints, copies, scans and items wireless only £29.99 - bargain!!😀

It’s time that all this print your own labels & tickets at home stopped. All docs should be on your phone using the #superdingding-dongcruise app & of course you can pay your cruise balance direct from your phone’s banking app (well, you don’t still have a live bank branch in your town, do you? how passé. Poor you, do you live in the north?). We can save paper (trees) & ink by having MDR menus zapped direct to your iPhone (other brands are available!) and sun-bed hogging will disappear as the superding-dongcruise app has empty sun-bed finder capability.

A lady in deck 8 laundry assured me that a friend of her’s who is high up in P&O had confirmed that P&O are deep in negotiations with Wetherspoons to utilise Wetherspoon app technology to ensure seamless drinks ordering in the Crow’s Nest via the superding-dongcruise app.

If Celebrity can have retina detection technology is it too much to expect P&O to  have smart phone driven administration technology.

Surely everyone has a smartphone these days 😂

Edited by Ranchi
Typo

Upcycling your son’s iPhone. Well done. So do I. Think of all the rare earth elements that we have saved. Maybe Donald won’t need to go a-mining in Greenland after all. 

As for your delinquent iPhone, may I paraphrase Marie Antoinette  ‘let them use their iPads’ ( with a suitable dongle or SIMcard fitted.)😂

58 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

<snip>

I don't, though the way things are going it looks like before long I won't have any choice but to buy one.

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

It’s time that all this print your own labels & tickets at home stopped. All docs should be on your phone using the #superdingding-dongcruise app & of course you can pay your cruise balance direct from your phone’s banking app (well, you don’t still have a live bank branch in your town, do you? how passé. Poor you, do you live in the north?). We can save paper (trees) & ink by having MDR menus zapped direct to your iPhone (other brands are available!) and sun-bed hogging will disappear as the superding-dongcruise app has empty sun-bed finder capability.

A lady in deck 8 laundry assured me that a friend of her’s who is high up in P&O had confirmed that P&O are deep in negotiations with Wetherspoons to utilise Wetherspoon app technology to ensure seamless drinks ordering in the Crow’s Nest via the superding-dongcruise app.

If Celebrity can have retina detection technology is it too much to expect P&O to  have smart phone driven administration technology.

Not every one has a smart phone!!

How are you going to get your bags delivered to your room without a label on it?

15 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

Not every one has a smart phone!!

How are you going to get your bags delivered to your room without a label on it?

Quite right but I think the point is that P&O need to change their processes to stop wasting all this needless paper (tickets, paper brochures, luggage labels etc.) and come up with solutions that support all their customers as well as being less wasteful.   In this day and age it should be possible with the right investment, it simply up to P&O to create the solutions.   They shouldn't just carry on doing something because they did it yesterday.   

8 minutes ago, chrisg1uk said:

Quite right but I think the point is that P&O need to change their processes to stop wasting all this needless paper (tickets, paper brochures, luggage labels etc.) and come up with solutions that support all their customers as well as being less wasteful.   In this day and age it should be possible with the right investment, it simply up to P&O to create the solutions.   They shouldn't just carry on doing something because they did it yesterday.   

I agree 100%, but when they can’t even get their website to work I don’t think I’ll be holding my breath for it to happen. It’s not hard, it just requires the will. It wouldn’t even cost them anything, in fact they would probably save money by not having to cut down so many trees and the cost for printing and postage must be horrendous. They need to bring themselves into the 21st century or they’ll get left behind..... rant over 😂

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

Nope and I have no intention of getting one, a simple PAYG with big pensioner buttons is all I need.

Wetherspoons?. Really going down market then!!

ps - they have to provide alternative arrangements- example, how the el to you use a smart phone if you can't see

2 hours ago, Ranchi said:

If that is the future they will have to include free wi fi that works throughout the ship. 

1 hour ago, chrisg1uk said:

We just returned from an RCI cruise and, despite them having an app, they still require a paper copy of your sea pass, and I suspect that an electronic luggage label is going to significantly more expensive, and prone to more problems, than a paper luggage label, and some of us use PAYG phones, which eat up your balance faster a buffet diner.

Low tech is quite often by far the best option.

Edited by terrierjohn

Hols4

I haven't got a printer or computer only an Amazon fire tablet.When my e- tickets are ready I just ring P&O and they send them to me though the post and more luggage labels if I want them.You should also have luggage labels in you holiday information book they sent you.

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

4 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Poor you, do you live in the north?). 

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

The computer was invented  up North. 

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

By  Ada & her pal Charlie!

Not by Ada & her pal Charlie , whoever they are, but at Manchester University in 1948. 

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Nope and I have no intention of getting one, a simple PAYG with big pensioner buttons is all I need.

Wetherspoons?. Really going down market then!!

ps - they have to provide alternative arrangements- example, how the el to you use a smart phone if you can't see

I have PAYG but would love a bigger IPhone with clear instructions.   Any suggestions?  

I might ask at the Pursers Desk (Sorry Reception) If one of their Entertainment Team could run a few classes on how to use them.   Some years ago during a transatlantic crossing they ran classes about IPads in the Crows Nest and well attended they were as well.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We just returned from an RCI cruise and, despite them having an app, they still require a paper copy of your sea pass, and I suspect that an electronic luggage label is going to significantly more expensive, and prone to more problems, than a paper luggage label, and some of us use PAYG phones, which eat up your balance faster a buffet diner.

Low tech is quite often by far the best option.

I have a PAYG smartphone simply because i don't want a contract. if you don't want to go online, download eticket and other docs when you ARE online at home, then just save them somewhere you can find them and open them to show at check in. I've done that before.

Edited by Clodia
typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

I haven't got a printer or computer only an Amazon fire tablet.When my e- tickets are ready I just ring P&O and they send them to me though the post and more luggage labels if I want them.You should also have luggage labels in you holiday information book they sent you.

You only get the nice booklet with coloured luggage labels etc if you haven't gone green. If you've ticked the go green button then you are expected to print everything off yourself including your flimsy paper luggage labels, no thank you give me my booklet everytime!