Just when you thought it couldn't happen to you!!!!

kelbell

Personally, you should have an email confirmation from when you ORIGINALLY booked the drink package (this is a prime example why I save everything, document everything, and bring everything on our cruises). If you don't find resolve prior to booking, I would take that confirmation to your guest services and indicate that you had purchased it at said price and their "system" canceled and refunded it. Proof is in the writing, and there should be absolutely no reason why they wouldn't or couldn't honor it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Like the different answers you get when you call RCI, the CC admins can vary their interpretation of that rule.

The funny thing was I never mentioned FB I referred  to it as a Zuckerberg owned website

• Haha 1

Yes I do have the original email confirming the package purchase.

And yes they did send email cancelling package, I did go into

my email until after I notices amount credited to my bank account. I am not

always on my email.  They originally said it was because if itinerary change.

Fine!!! Now just fix it.  It's about the money and principle! In good faith I gave you money

so in good faith I would like what I paid for.. Don't believe that's unreasonable.

I will post when it gets resolved. Fingers cross in my favor!!

Thank you everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had an issue where I had a B2B refundable cruise deposit.  Like always, i call and see if the price is lowered.  One week they "lowered" the price to the non refundable rate.  I only found out the next week when I said like always "I would like to keep this as the refundable deposit".

"Oh no ma'am it's non-refundable"

"Really, because I've always had it be refundable, and I specify that each time I call?"

"Nothing we can do"

"Yeah that's not acceptable. You're going to fix this" {it was ~$400!  The chances are low that we are going to take the cruise, but it's only offered 1 time every other year, so I booked early for a good cabin}

After an hour of arguing, and them dragging out the clock on me they listened to EACH of my phone calls about these cruises.  Let's just say that I had new reservation numbers, everything was included and the deposit is now refundable...

Morale of the story: They CAN fix whatever they need to.  and they keep all phone call recordings.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:52 AM, ck93 said:

Yes, I did know the policy.  I explained the situation pretty clear about my phone call with RC.  I expected to lose the entire $750.  I was pleasantly surprised when I was told I wouldn't and they would apply $400 to OBC.

I was just asking opinions on what people would do if they were told this and then found out it didn't happen. 

Your post is why I am very hesitant at times to ask any questions on these boards.  Your response with all caps and all of the question marks, to me, implied that you felt I was either ignorant or greedy.  It's really a shame that some people on here are very quick to jump on someone instead of being helpful.  People have enough in life to deal with.

With that being said, my question was what would you do if you were told you would get $400 OBC after having to cancel a reservation.  Not, did I understand the cancellation policy. I am not debating their policy.  So I'm guessing your response would have been "I would take the loss, even after surprisingly being told about the OBC, and walk away happy".

I truly do hope you have an awesome day!  Take care!

If you have been on these boards much at all, you know that RCI can and does give out incorrect info.

So if I were given X info, and it does not agree with the actual written policy, I would not count on it.

If I actually got it, fine, but if I only got what the actual policy states, then I would be OK with that.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, SRF said:

If you have been on these boards much at all, you know that RCI can and does give out incorrect info.

So if I were given X info, and it does not agree with the actual written policy, I would not count on it.

If I actually got it, fine, but if I only got what the actual policy states, then I would be OK with that.

You are absolutely right regarding the incorrect info.  Thank you for your response!

On 8/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, MrsKC08 said:

Personally, you should have an email confirmation from when you ORIGINALLY booked the drink package (this is a prime example why I save everything, document everything, and bring everything on our cruises). If you don't find resolve prior to booking, I would take that confirmation to your guest services and indicate that you had purchased it at said price and their "system" canceled and refunded it. Proof is in the writing, and there should be absolutely no reason why they wouldn't or couldn't honor it.

Yes, absolutely. Every time we purchase something from RCI we print out the hard copy of the confirmation/receipt. We don't wait for the email (what if it never comes) we print out the confirmation live, at the time of purchase. They can't argue with that.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Zach1213 said:
On 8/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, Biker19 said:

9) Relax and if you really want the drink package buy it at whatever price - or else ask yourself if the aggravation of trying to get it back at $42 is worth it

That's a bit ridiculous. A $23 per day ($27ish after gratuity), per person increase is not a little thing. For a one week cruise, that's an increase (to no fault of their own) of almost $200...per person.

Plus, if all 7 cabins had the drink package, it's an additional  $2,646 Royal "accidentally" put in the their corporate coffers.

While I agree with biker posts 99.9% of the time, in this instance, I respectfully disagree. It's worth the aggravation to fight the good fight.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

While I agree with biker posts 99.9% of the time, in this instance, I respectfully disagree. It's worth the aggravation to fight the good fight.

I simply mentioned that one has to weigh the cost vs. the aggravation, not that it it not worth it - that is all up to the individual. Also, highly unlikely the drink package will stay up at $65, so the issue becomes a bit more iffy once that drops.

Biker, who typically only calls for prices drops above $50.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Also, highly unlikely the drink package will stay up at $65, so the issue becomes a bit more iffy once that drops.

Good point.  If it was me & I could secure the drink package at $45 or $47, then I'd pull the trigger, enjoy the cruise and be a little less loyal next time  around when choosing a cruise line.   Not saying that I'd never cruise Royal again but more willing to keep the options open.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Host Clarea said:

Please report back.  You are not the first to report that some item in the Cruise Planner was "accidentally" cancelled and somehow no longer available at the original price.  Others have reported similar situations with excursions.

It becomes ridiculous, thinking that we should start doing screen shots of what we purchase....it sounds like planned obsolescence to me where they deliberately cancel "by accident" so someone has to rebook at a higher rate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnjen said:

It becomes ridiculous, thinking that we should start doing screen shots of what we purchase....it sounds like planned obsolescence to me where they deliberately cancel "by accident" so someone has to rebook at a higher rate.

Agree.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2019 at 2:52 AM, ck93 said:

Yes, I did know the policy.  I explained the situation pretty clear about my phone call with RC.  I expected to lose the entire $750.  I was pleasantly surprised when I was told I wouldn't and they would apply $400 to OBC.

I was just asking opinions on what people would do if they were told this and then found out it didn't happen. 

Your post is why I am very hesitant at times to ask any questions on these boards.  Your response with all caps and all of the question marks, to me, implied that you felt I was either ignorant or greedy.  It's really a shame that some people on here are very quick to jump on someone instead of being helpful.  People have enough in life to deal with.

With that being said, my question was what would you do if you were told you would get $400 OBC after having to cancel a reservation.  Not, did I understand the cancellation policy. I am not debating their policy.  So I'm guessing your response would have been "I would take the loss, even after surprisingly being told about the OBC, and walk away happy".

I truly do hope you have an awesome day!  Take care!

I would be happy that I got all the $750 non refundable deposit back instead of only $400 OBC.  I would have only expected $450 credit for a future booking.  

• Like 1