Three for free starts Sept 4

minniem

23 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Am I right in that the OBC offered isn't as high as it has been in the past? We got $600 for the two of us for our veranda cabin on our upcoming 2020 cruise and I think that was from a 3FF booking. 

Both this year & last year 3FF advertised OBC up to $800 and my OBC for both years are the same amount.

44 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

There are refundable options; your TA will be able to see them.

That may have been true with Landmark and other promos ... but no one knows what Princess will do going forward

I was so pissed they made this sale NON-refundable but have a glimmer of hope now that it’s been released there will be a refundable option. I wish Princess would stop copying the negative changes other cruise lines are making. 

And yes, the OBC amounts are lower than previous years.😏

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

19 minutes ago, dog said:

So offer 2 & 3 have refundable deposits. I hope we can book online.

Last year my balcony cabin came with $300pp OBC for 14 day cruise.

Ladt year's 3FF OBC for 14nt balcony was $200pp 

49 minutes ago, dog said:

This was the sip & sale promotion that also gave OBC---my South America cruise.

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s a different overlapping offer that promotes rates up to 40% off plus a room upgrade.

Here’s the valid dates for the Landmark Sale:  “Offer valid: July 18 – September 3, 2019 on voyages in this sale only”.

I am currently considering a Hawaii cruise on the Emerald on 4/29/20 using the 40% off plus room upgrade with non refundable deposit @ 10%.  The three for free would save $465 Gratuities (mini-Suite) and $200 per person OBC plus the room upgrade.  This assumes that the Hawaii cruise would qualify for the three for free promotion.   Does anyone have an opinion on which sale is the best deal?   

Rick

Edited by rickandjanie

43 minutes ago, rickandjanie said:

I am currently considering a Hawaii cruise on the Emerald on 4/29/20 using the 40% off plus room upgrade with non refundable deposit @ 10%.  The three for free would save $465 Gratuities (mini-Suite) and $200 per person OBC plus the room upgrade.  This assumes that the Hawaii cruise would qualify for the three for free promotion.   Does anyone have an opinion on which sale is the best deal?   

Rick

3FF will be available for Summer 2020 to Spring 2021 so it won’t be available for your Spring 2020 cruise.

The Americas Short Sale you described is valid until 9/9 & will likely be your only available offer this close to the cruise.  Both the Landmark & 3FF offers show a NR deposit but a refundable deposit is available when booking through a TA or calling Princess.  I don’t know if that’s an option with their Americas Short Sale but it might be worthwhile to check about that possibility. 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rickandjanie said:

Astro Flyer

Thanks very much for your reply.  Guess I'll have to decide in the next week or so about this cruise.

Hopefully it works for you..we’ve enjoyed that cruise several times & it’s convenient for us to drive to the Port of LA.  Sometimes we get a stay & sail package at a San Pedro hotel which includes parking & costs about the same as 15 days of parking at the port.

6 hours ago, dog said:

a) The options for refundable deposits do not say how much paying "slightly more" is. If it is more than the $100 cost of a FCD, then possibly losing the FCD might be better than paying "slightly more."  Also, at least one other cruise line that has a similar FCD program wants the normal cruise deposit to be paid in case the booking is cancelled even if an FCD was used to make the booking deposit.

2) Last September I booked a balcony cabin for a 14 day cruise with 3forfree and received $200pp OBC, not the $300 you received.

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

a) The options for refundable deposits do not say how much paying "slightly more" is. If it is more than the $100 cost of a FCD, then possibly losing the FCD might be better than paying "slightly more."  Also, at least one other cruise line that has a similar FCD program wants the normal cruise deposit to be paid in case the booking is cancelled even if an FCD was used to make the booking deposit.

2) Last September I booked a balcony cabin for a 14 day cruise with 3forfree and received $200pp OBC, not the $300 you received. Did you book under 2018's 3-for-free or during  2017's promotion?

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My TA forwarded her 3FF email from Princess which includes the voyage list although no prices.

3 for FREE OneSource Voyage List.xlsx 229.9 kB · 97 downloads

I question your TA, how would they know this.  I doubt even Princess employees would be privy to this.  Princess would just start doing it, not make mention of the fact because it would draw too many angry responses.

11 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

These are the different booking options, no idea how much the buy up will be for a refundable deposit:

image.png.c74028a86e581a12739ccd364ec89543.png

this post should be bookmarked by all for all the future threads on 3FF ... ( and no, I haven't read the complete thread yet , as if that matters ...:classic_ninja:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am wondering why all the fuss about non refundable deposits?

IF you have insurance and a valid reason for cancelling the insurance should get you back your deposit.  We would only cancel if someone got sick or died and that is covered by insurance so refundable or not doesn't seem to matter to me.

What am I missing??

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

Are FCD refundable?

I am planning on buying and booking FCD while on board the Sky in Oct.

Yes.

And if you don't use them they will automatically be refunded after 2 years.

Make sure the charge card you use for your onboard charges (which is what the FCD will be charged to - NOT your OBC) is one you plan on keeping for a while.

If you cancel the charge card Princess may have a hard time finding out where to refund.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I am wondering why all the fuss about non refundable deposits?

IF you have insurance and a valid reason for cancelling the insurance should get you back your deposit.  We would only cancel if someone got sick or died and that is covered by insurance so refundable or not doesn't seem to matter to me.

What am I missing??

Flexibility......would you go through the Straits of Hormuz on a cruise ship right now (yes, there are some that do that twice on the same cruise)..... what if a group of friends all decide to go on another cruise and you want to join them....someone gets seriously ill and you want to be with them (not covered unless they are almost dying).... Lots of scenarios