Celebrity Edge ahead of the curve??

jelayne

15 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Agree behind the curve compared to some other cruise line.  But who wants to be actually ahead of the curve on using mass produced and cheap products mounted to the wall?  

At least the pumps worked as opposed to Celebrity with broken pumps.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, twodjs said:

I don't know about "ahead of the curve" - for at least a couple of years, Holland America has had shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in dispensers mounted to the shower wall of each cabin. They are refilled as needed by the room steward. 

On 8/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, BettyCruiser said:

Yes, actually behind the curve. I had wall mounted dispensers on NCL, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean, and at least they worked. The pump on my conditioner on the Edge was broken already, and the clearance of the pumps weren't good.

Agree, behind the curve as others were already doing it. 

My Grandchildren are very conscious of the environment and really do not like the idea of small bottles.  They also do not like plastic straws, bottles, containers  or cups.

The world is changing and we all have to be more sensitive for what is good for the environment.

• Like 1

I always bring my own, dh always uses the small bottles, gone now I guess.  I would be very leery of of these refillable, pump bottles.  Someone's idea of a joke might make the contents .... interesting.  No thank you.  

As for the paper straws that are taking over in the U.S. - they turn to mush in under 5 minutes - maybe I need to drink faster but it drives me crazy as the beverage was served in a big plastic cup and plastic lid.     

Problem with the pumps and large dispensers  is that  I am not sure they are actually   emptied  and cleaned out  when refilled...so who knows how long product is there towards the bottom.?  I really only used the lotion, so not a  big issue.

We bring our own straws...along with refillable bev containers and  some bottled Fiji water .

EDGE has a great recycling program but on our tour, they did not explain where they send the compressed trash ..only that it is remived from the ship.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

EDGE has a great recycling program but on our tour, they did not explain where they send the compressed trash ..only that it is remived from the ship.

The Environmental lead guy spoke to us on our tour and said that they have certain approved places that meet X's requirements for how it is disposed of after they drop it off. I don't remember if he named any places in particular.

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Problem with the pumps and large dispensers  is that  I am not sure they are actually   emptied  and cleaned out  when refilled...so who knows how long product is there towards the bottom.?  I really only used the lotion, so not a  big issue.

Ummmm, The pump draws from the bottom. Oldest stuff out first.  

2 hours ago, Sascol said:

Ummmm, The pump draws from the bottom. Oldest stuff out first.  

Hmm, you are correct...but I'd like it to be cleaned out.  At home once they are done they are either discarded or washed out and refilled...

On 8/31/2019 at 6:08 AM, TeeRick said:

They could still be environmentally friendly and use the larger mounted pump dispensers - but with a better type of product inside.  

The mounted dispensers are nice, but how many time do manufacturers changed styles for mounting. Then you end up with unsightly holes when a new style is installed because of breakage. I bring solid soap/shampoo/conditioner. It travels better.