Luggage photo

CruiseVA

We don't do formal nights. That saves a lot of space. Jeans and t-shirts. I learned to roll my clothes and pack a lot into a little while in the army. We will easily be able to do our 3-day inaugural with just carry-ons. I bought one of those travel hoodies with about 20 inside zippered pockets. It's like wearing an additional carry-on! 

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have the strong feeling that the OP is winding folks up and his wife is just standing next to several carts being used by the crew to bring luggage aboard. Nobody would really have that much luggage or that diversity of bags.

Indeed! I think if you looked up the word “gullible” in the dictionary you’d find pictures of many on this thread who are astonished by the photo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would hate to pack and unpack so much stuff.

One midsize luggage bag for each and one backpack is enough for 14-15days of cruising. (We take nicer clothes for evening restaurants. It doesn't take space unless it is very formal)

And we are not even flying most of the time.

Edited by Tatka

2 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

Indeed! I think if you looked up the word “gullible” in the dictionary you’d find pictures of many on this thread who are astonished by the photo!

Last year one member posted his & his wife's luggage in their driveway before loading it into their van. There were many, many bags, huge down to small,  cases of soda, wine, Gatorade, water, & the wife's sewing machine. I believe it was for a 50 something day cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have the strong feeling that the OP is winding folks up and his wife is just standing next to several carts being used by the crew to bring luggage aboard. Nobody would really have that much luggage or that diversity of bags.

you got me, it's actually from a picture that someone took of their wife as they brought the luggage for their section aboard on Facebook 🙂 It's been a fun run though - LOL.

• Like 3

I’ve gotten better at the packing of clothes as I try to pack 5 days worth of day and night clothes and then use the on board laundry or the elite perk. It’s worked the last 2 trips of 10 days and 7 days. We took 2 regular size suitcases plus back pack with meds, electronics, camera and 1st day stuff like hats, sunscreen, and swimsuits.    BUT my problem comes with the extras: 12 packs of water, soda, case of wine, bag of snorkel stuff.  We drive to the port so it’s easy to overload !   

4 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

you got me, it's actually from a picture that someone took of their wife as they brought the luggage for their section aboard on Facebook 🙂 It's been a fun run though - LOL.

Actually, there's a post on the World Cruise board about a woman who took 12 large suitcases and booked a second room to store all her clothes!🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Actually, there's a post on the World Cruise board about a woman who took 12 large suitcases and booked a second room to store all her clothes!🥴

Now that's some expensive closet space... Sounds bizarre to me.

• Haha 1

I have seen the people at both the luggage check in the airport & the cruise port - those folks that need a cart for their bags.  It's funny, whenever you post about luggage you get people on both sides fired up about how much luggage they have. Personally I don't care, the only thing that upsets me is when they push the carryon limits in  a plane and eat up the overhead bins with bags that they should have checked.

• Like 5

On 9/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, Thrak said:

You have never meet my family. Just for two to drive here for a 4 day stay means there car is full of luggage.  An 8 day trip to Ireland involved three bags for my sister.

i admit i pack to much.  i pack for day and night, and then a sweatshirt or sweater.  but usually i'm local to port, so it doesn't matter. what takes room is i do need several pairs of shoes because of my foot and ankle problems, i have to be able to account for swelling. 

but as someone said, i do limit myself to what i can mange myself, which is normally a checked luggage and a carry on, probably rolling so i can put my case of sparkle water on the way in and any souvenirs or my last night's clothing on the way out. 

Partner has to pack and manage their own luggage 🙂 

• Like 1