3 for Free "Now with new low $100 refundable deposits!"

pompeii

57 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

No our fare went up (summer 2020 Alaska). 

I just emailed our TA.

She re-fared our cruises with refundable deposits last week under 3 for Free. She checked one cruise and , yes, ALL deposits are now refundable but the fare is UP.

I have a feeling Princess first quietly raised the cruise fares and then changed all deposits to refundable.

• Like 1

We have been eyeing the 11-Day Grand Mediterranean, but for 2021, not 2020. When I look at this itinerary in the "3 for Free" deal, only the Oct. 3, 2020 sail date shows as available.  Does that mean it's too early to see 2021 sailings in this 3 for free?  Should I figure that the 2021 sailing promos will come  up eventually?

46 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

We have been eyeing the 11-Day Grand Mediterranean, but for 2021, not 2020. When I look at this itinerary in the "3 for Free" deal, only the Oct. 3, 2020 sail date shows as available.  Does that mean it's too early to see 2021 sailings in this 3 for free?  Should I figure that the 2021 sailing promos will come  up eventually?

I don't see any Med cruises on the list past 2020 dates, and the farthest date I see for any itinerary is May 2021.  So you'll have to wait for the next promo.

We initially booked under the Landmark sale for our May 2020 Caribbean Princess cruise with a refundable deposit (additional $50 each) and then had my travel agent refare when the cabin price dropped a bit last month. Today, just happened to notice the price of our category of cabin had dropped $220 each under the 3 For Free promotion. Calculating the savings including the reduced amount of on board credit with the 3FF promotion I put a call/text into my travel agent. Before she could get back with me the price of our category of cabin dropped another $85 each so once my agent was able to refare today for this cruise, we have saved $538 each from the initial booking rate plus now have free gratuities and $100 OBC each. It does pay to check prices often, daily or multiple times a day!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WoodstockGirl said:

You would be able to do 3 for Free on a 2021 cruise at this time next year. I'm guessing the soonest a promo could pop up for 2021 cruises would be in January or February. But who knows? I'm also eyeing a 2021 cruise so if I see anything I will post it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pompeii said:

I saw on the Princess website this morning that deposits under 3 for Free are now only $100 and are refundable.  I know there was already a refundable option available by calling Princess, but it looks like they are automatically refundable now, and only $100.  Good time to book for those who have been holding off.

Gee, I just booked a cruise this week to Alaska in 2020 using the 3 for free promo and was told my deposit in "non refundable".

5 hours ago, cmh said:

Gee, I just booked a cruise this week to Alaska in 2020 using the 3 for free promo and was told my deposit in "non refundable".

Call Princess or TA  and ask for refundable, if your cruise is included in this promotion. None of my cruises were included.

Edited by dog

14 hours ago, cmh said:

That's weird, did you book on Monday or Friday maybe? The 72 hour Wifi promo for summer 2020 Alaska cruises (with refundable deposit) ran from Tuesday to Thursday. 

We just refared for a 2021 Australia cruise.  We had to give up the Sip n Save package  (we're not big drinkers), but saved $640.  We now have the free Gratuities and $AU400 OBC.  (We could have upgraded our cabin, but prefered to keep our original location to the upgrade possibilities.)

• Like 2

We are booked on the September 2020 sailing of the Enchanted Princess in a balcony cabin.  Promotion at the time was the free liquor package.  Last night I had TA change booking to a mini suite on Emerald deck for an additional $330 pp.  With the Three for Free promo we got gratuities paid $424, $200 OBC each, and refundable deposit.  So essentially we got a free upgrade to a minisuite since the credits will offset the price increase for the mini.  Had to give up liquor pkg, but we are elite so get a free in-room set up anyway.  Happy!

Edited by bluestem711
  • Like 2

I'm confused. The TA on Crown next November is listed as 3 for Free on the website.  I put a reserve on a room until Monday when I talk to my PVP. But when i look at the travel summary it doesn't have the OBC or free gratuities. Phone lines are jammed so I'm asking here. Is it normal that those perks don't show up until the deposit is made?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:06 AM, WoodstockGirl said:

Sorry - I'm late to this party..... is it known when this promo ends?

From the Princess Web Site...Offer expires: October 31, 2019. 

I did a mock booking but non of these offers showed up so I think a call to Princess is necessary. They also wanted a larger deposit. 

Tom😎

47 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

When I read here that 3FF deposits were now refundable, i went back to see if the prices changed.  Now there are no 3FF banners on any of the cruises I looked at before which had them.  What gives?

Did you try making a booking?  I saw same thing a day or two back, but when selected a cabin as if making a booking, if you go next step, a pop-up window will come up with 3FF info.  You can also tell before that that the 3FF is in effect because you look at the ship diagram with the pricing and it's all the same.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, toescat said:

Fortell min familie i Norge Hello (Tell my family in Norway Hello!)  I just looked at the Princess site and I don't even see an end date for the three for free.  What I saw on Monday when I book was 3 for Free plus Wifi ends in 72 hours so it must have been the offer with the free wifi that ended.  Have a wonderful time in my mother's homeland, it is so breathtaking there and that is why I love Alaska so much is that is reminds me a lot of Norway.

How should we prepare weatherwise for Norway? We will be there late July though the very beginning of August next year.

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

When I read here that 3FF deposits were now refundable, i went back to see if the prices changed.  Now there are no 3FF banners on any of the cruises I looked at before which had them.  What gives?

Capacity controlled ...

• Like 1

I have now gotten 3 if the same answers and only 3 answers. The website is defaulting to best price, nonrefundable, which means no promos. Its $50 less than the promo but no way to change it back. I asked why tech support cannot correct the wording and they (customer support) will get back to me. Yeah -- when pigs fly🐷

I don't mind the discrepancy just be upfront about it

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I have now gotten 3 if the same answers and only 3 answers. The website is defaulting to best price, nonrefundable, which means no promos. Its $50 less than the promo but no way to change it back. I asked why tech support cannot correct the wording and they (customer support) will get back to me. Yeah -- when pigs fly🐷

I think Princess website is having some major problems right now.

I tried pricing and putting a cruise on hold. Could not complete it. Got message to call them. Called and Princess rep could not do the booking either. Said call back another day.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

52 minutes ago, dog said:

I think Princess website is having some major problems right now.

I tried pricing and putting a cruise on hold. Could not complete it. Got message to call them. Called and Princess rep could not do the booking either. Said call back another day.

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

typical weekend "maintenance" ...

Obviously none of can speak for all cruises and IDK which cruise @Ombud references.  Suffice to say that when I looked a Sky 10-night Caribbean for 2021, the 3FF sale icons or banner were not appearing but the pricing obviously reflected 3FF.  When proceed to do a mock booking, a window popped up explaining the 3FF benefits, including $100 RD. 

Website is down/off-line as this post was composed.  @voljeep is no doubt correct.  I don't recall seeing a notice of this, but they could easily have taken it down for some reason.

Yes, the window popped up when booking this. I got all the way to reserving it at a solo rate of 2938 (I have my search engine set to give only solo rates). It never changed on the website, just on my confirmation email. 

Screenshot_20190928-154244_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ombud
Typo

On 9/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Ombud said:

I'm confused. The TA on Crown next November is listed as 3 for Free on the website.  I put a reserve on a room until Monday when I talk to my PVP. But when i look at the travel summary it doesn't have the OBC or free gratuities. Phone lines are jammed so I'm asking here. Is it normal that those perks don't show up until the deposit is made?

On 9/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, Ombud said:

Yes, the window popped up when booking this. I got all the way to reserving it at a solo rate of 2938 (I have my search engine set to give only solo rates). It never changed on the website, just on my confirmation email. 

Ok. Customer Service called and confirmed that the 3-for-free is 400 higher. But I'll still get 75 FCD + 250 Shareholder + 50 loyalty. Ok here's the weird part. It's supposed to be on hold until Monday October 7th when it cancels if no deposit (my PVP can often add in OBC when that doesn't show on the promo -- I don't know why). But the bill shows nothing is due until next August 25th. Honestly sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing 

• Like 1