Signature Beverage Package Limits

Samanthac25

• 5 weeks later...

The only indication that you have exceeded the 15 alcoholic beverage limit is the receipt you will be given.   The bartenders and waiters get 15% on every drink, so, unless you are sliding out of your chair, onto the floor,  totally zonked, they will continue to serve you and not a word will be said.  

On 10/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, molemaui said:

Hopefully I have the definitive answer to this question. 

There is a 15 drink per person/day that includes ALL drinks IF your drink package was given to you as part of a promotion or amenity. If you outright purchase the Signature drink package, all non alcoholic drinks are UNLIMITED and not included in the 15 drink/person/day count. 

If the Signature package was given to you AND you UPGRADE to the Elite package, then all non alcoholic drinks are unlimited plus when reviewing the wines, a much better choice!

Hope this helps. 

Most interesting and that makes sense. Question: What happens if you order a more expensive cocktail. Are you charged the difference between the two or the full price? Being a first timer on HAL, I'm clueless. Thanks for the help.

17 minutes ago, mamapirk said:

Most interesting and that makes sense. Question: What happens if you order a more expensive cocktail. Are you charged the difference between the two or the full price? Being a first timer on HAL, I'm clueless. Thanks for the help.

If you order a drink that has a menu price that is over the $11 or $15 max price of your package, then you pay the full menu price for the drink plus 15%.   You cannot just pay the difference.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, molemaui said:

There is a 15 drink per person/day that includes ALL drinks IF your drink package was given to you as part of a promotion or amenity. If you outright purchase the Signature drink package, all non alcoholic drinks are UNLIMITED and not included in the 15 drink/person/day count. 

If the Signature package was given to you AND you UPGRADE to the Elite package, then all non alcoholic drinks are unlimited plus when reviewing the wines, a much better choice!

Not true.  As listed in the HAL FAQ's, the SBP and EBP include all the benefits of the Quench package, which has unlimited sodas, bottles of water, and specialty coffees.   It doesn't matter how you got the SBP, either by a HAL promotion, or you purchased it.  You get 15 drinks with alcohol and unlimited sodas, bottles of water (500 ml) and specialty coffees.

SIGNATURE PACKAGE

Our Signature package includes everything from our Quench Package along with your favorite premium beers, spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass priced $11 and under.

One other factor where I was told one thing and once on board, an entirely different thing. 

The Signature Drink Packager was included in the Suite I booked and I was told I could upgrade to the elite for $5 per person per day (difference between signature and elite cost). 

On board, they insisted the difference was $15 per person per day. Never got a good reason so didn't bother to upgrade. Drinks and beer were fine with Signature Package. I really didn't care for the wines and while I like wine, I'm certainly not a wine snob. The wines left a lot to be desired. 

Great cruise anyway. 

I'll chime in here, but we rang HAL last night regarding our booking and I did ask about the limit and the 15 it is indeed only for alcohol for the Signature (didn't ask about Elite but I'd assume it's the same).  Coffees, soft drink, etc. are still served above any alcohol limits.  I know it's been clarified but this may just assist Australian cruisers as in Australia, we have a 1300 number for HAL which links to the local office rather than the US and the Australian call-centre lady indeed confirmed the limit was for alcohol only.

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, molemaui said:

One other factor where I was told one thing and once on board, an entirely different thing. 

The Signature Drink Packager was included in the Suite I booked and I was told I could upgrade to the elite for $5 per person per day (difference between signature and elite cost). 

On board, they insisted the difference was $15 per person per day. Never got a good reason so didn't bother to upgrade. Drinks and beer were fine with Signature Package. I really didn't care for the wines and while I like wine, I'm certainly not a wine snob. The wines left a lot to be desired. 

Great cruise anyway. 

When you receive the SBP as a promotion, HAL values the package at $44.95 per day, the price you would pay  (plus 15%) if you purchased it online, before the cruise.   The Elite beverage package costs $59.95 per day, plus 15% and it is the same price if you buy it online or onboard.   To upgrade a SBP to a EBP, if you received it as a promotion, the cost will be $15 per day plus 15%.   If you purchased the SBP onboard, the price is $54.95 per day, plus 15%, and if you changed your mind and wanted to switch to the Elite package (on the first day), you would pay the difference between the $54.95 and $59.95, or $5 per day, plus 15%.   

What you were told about the $5 upgrade price would be correct only if you paid cash for the package, and purchased it onboard at the $54.95 price.   

You can use HAL provided OBC to buy the package.  But to discourage that practice, they have a $10 per day price differential from using your own cash to buy it online at $45.95 vs. $54.95 for using HAL OBC and buying it onboard.

That is part of the reason why HAL still does not allow you to use HAL provided OBC to pre-purchase things like tours, specialty dining, drink and wine packages, etc.   They would rather you use your cash to buy these things online, before your cruise, and use the OBC for the HSC, or other purchases onboard.

Signature package $54.95 per day! Question is that the value of drinks you can have, or is it 15 drinks per day under $11.00 each? Someone has mentioned to me you have only to the value of $54.95. That doesn’t seem right to me as if you were say drinking wine at $11.00 per glass you would “only” be able to have 5 drinks! 

AAAAARGH!!

Once and for all:

the Signature Beverage Package has;

UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED NON ALCOHOLIC drinks.

to make it absolutely clear : UNLIMITED.

excluded: large bottles of San Pelegrino , freestyle machine sodas and milkshakes from the Gelato bar.

a limit of 15 ALCOHOLIC beverages, up to a certain amount. ( currently 9 US$)

this is valid for ALL signature beverage packages, promotional or not. The person who claimed that promotional packages

are different is not correct.

I hope this settles this once and for all.

If onboard you are told otherwise, complain as they do not know their own rules. ( some crew are unaware of the exact rules, these include beverage waiters)

in Seattle, most are clueless and will give you incorrect or outdated info by the way.

12 minutes ago, Despegue said:

AAAAARGH!!

Once and for all:

the Signature Beverage Package has;

UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED NON ALCOHOLIC drinks.

to make it absolutely clear : UNLIMITED.

excluded: large bottles of San Pelegrino , freestyle machine sodas and milkshakes from the Gelato bar.

a limit of 15 ALCOHOLIC beverages, up to a certain amount. ( currently 9 US$)

this is valid for ALL signature beverage packages, promotional or not. The person who claimed that promotional packages

are different is not correct.

I hope this settles this once and for all.

If onboard you are told otherwise, complain as they do not know their own rules. ( some crew are unaware of the exact rules, these include beverage waiters)

in Seattle, most are clueless and will give you incorrect or outdated info by the way.

I’d be inclined to believe this IF there wasn’t so much contradicting info on the topic from HAL themselves. The representatives at HAL that I spoke with both two months ago and yesterday both said the non-alcoholic beverages ARE included in signature beverage package 15 drink limit. Also, the “fine print” of the signature beverage package I purchased did say that non-alcholic beverages were included in the 15 drink limit. 

A number of people here have said the non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited, based on their experience and a number of people have said they weren’t unlimited, based on their experience. 

It seems that everyone has a different experience based on their ship/itinerary/dates. So, I’ll wait and see what happens on my actual sailing.

Of course I am hoping the the HAL reps and fine print on my package were wrong and that non-alcoholic beverages end up being unlimited but I’d rather go in expecting the limit and be happily surprised if they aren’t limited than disappointed. 

Edited by Samanthac25

12 hours ago, westiespair said:

Signature package $54.95 per day! Question is that the value of drinks you can have, or is it 15 drinks per day under $11.00 each? Someone has mentioned to me you have only to the value of $54.95. That doesn’t seem right to me as if you were say drinking wine at $11.00 per glass you would “only” be able to have 5 drinks! 

It’s 15 alcoholic drinks per day at $11.00 or under.

9 hours ago, Samanthac25 said:

I’d be inclined to believe this IF there wasn’t so much contradicting info on the topic from HAL themselves. The representatives at HAL that I spoke with both two months ago and yesterday both said the non-alcoholic beverages ARE included in signature beverage package 15 drink limit. Also, the “fine print” of the signature beverage package I purchased did say that non-alcholic beverages were included in the 15 drink limit. 

A number of people here have said the non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited, based on their experience and a number of people have said they weren’t unlimited, based on their experience. 

It seems that everyone has a different experience based on their ship/itinerary/dates. So, I’ll wait and see what happens on my actual sailing.

Of course I am hoping the the HAL reps and fine print on my package were wrong and that non-alcoholic beverages end up being unlimited but I’d rather go in expecting the limit and be happily surprised if they aren’t limited than disappointed. 

As we all know, the information you get from the HAL agents in Seattle can change depending on who you talk to and when.  HAL's website is notoriously inconsistent.  One description of the SBP contradicts the description in the FAQ's.    The best solution is to printout the HAL FAQ description of the SBP and EBP and take it with you. 

The quench package gives you UNLIMITED non-alcoholic beverages.  The plan descriptions below say you get ALL the benefits of the Quench package with either the SBP and EBP.    That means unlimited.  I agree.... AAAAARGH!!

ELITE PACKAGE

Only $59.95 per guest/per day*

Enjoy all the benefits from our Quench and Signature Packages and more! With the Elite Beverage Package you can enjoy all drinks menu priced $15 and under including Dale DeGroff’s Original Cocktails!

SIGNATURE PACKAGE

Only $54.95 per guest/per day*

Our Signature package includes everything from our Quench Package along with your favorite premium beers, spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass priced $11 and under.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what is on my Booking form TODAY concerning our beverage pkg:   "....The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $11.00 USD or lower including service charges....."

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

10 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Here is what is on my Booking form TODAY concerning our beverage pkg:   "....The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $11.00 USD or lower including service charges....."

Mine too! To add to that, the one I purchased (for my cruise that leaves on 12/21/19) says: 

"Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day)."

Which leads me to believe that the 15 beverage limit does include non-alcoholic beverages. But, I will see what happens on my sailing in a few weeks 🙂

My booking says this about the SBP package.  We received this as a promotion when we booked last week.  I quote from my booking: 

The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at $11USD or lower including service charges. 

It goes on to say no sharing, must be 21 to order alcoholic beverages, excluded mini bar, in room dining, Half moon Cay.

So mine looks like  alcoholic , water, non-alcoholic etc. are in the 15 beverages per day.  

Won't be a problem for us.  We never outright purchase this package.  Had it once and never made the 15 beverages a day including specialty coffees, tea, water and a few glasses of wine.  

Sorry if this contradicts what has been posted earlier.  Could it be that different promotions provide different beverages with the alcoholic and non alcoholic counted differently/included or not?  Can't imagine how the servers on the ships can keep this all straight.  Unless it is specified on the card.  Sounds messy to me!!