Signature Beverage Package Limits

Samanthac25

I have seen some posts on Cruise Critic with conflicting information as to how many beverages you can get per day with the Signature Beverage Package. I purchased the package and I don't think I'll ever get close to 15 alcoholic beverages per day, but may if non-alcoholic beverages are included in the 15 drink per day limit. I've also purchased the Quench Beverage Package for my teenager which includes unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. So it makes sense that the non-alcoholic beverages would be unlimited with the Signature Beverage Package too, but according to the website info, it doesn't seem like they are. Does anyone know from personal experience is the 15 drink limit includes the non-alcoholic beverages too or just the alcoholic beverages? 

From the website for the Signature Beverage Package: 

"Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day)."

From the website for the Quench Beverage Package:

"Enjoy unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas." 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Samanthac25

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You are limited to 15 ALCOHOLIC beverages per day.

Soft drinks, bottled water and the other things covered under the Quench package, which is part of the Signature Beverage Package, are UNLIMITED.

Simple as that.

I decided I’d suck it up and sit on hold to talk to someone. The HAL rep said that the 15 drink limit is for all beverages, including non-alcoholic cocktails, soda, and bottled water. This is disappointing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samanthac25 said:

I decided I’d suck it up and sit on hold to talk to someone. The HAL rep said that the 15 drink limit is for all beverages, including non-alcoholic cocktails, soda, and bottled water. This is disappointing. 

Yeah, I just came off the Oosterdam and had SBP. all beverages alcoholic and non-alcoholic go towards the 15 limit. It was clear the staff was directed to be very strict with this. So much so, we had staff in dining areas trying to “sell” us extra bottles of water and specialty coffee at the end of meals. It made me wonder, do they get commission or otherwise paid bonuses on how many “paid for” beverages they serve?

2 hours ago, Samanthac25 said:

If you call HAL 3 times, you are liable to get 3 different answers.

They are quoting from an outdated (I know it’s outdated since my confirmation says $9 per drink).

Most ships and most reports are non alcoholic are not included.

My suggestion, when you are on board simply ask the server or bar tender.

And if soft drinks or water happen to be included (they weren’t on our cruise - we loaded up before our next segment 😉 ) then just pick some up in port if need be.  No biggie as there is no corkage fee for soft drinks or water. 😉 

And 15 drinks per person whether they are alcoholic or not is a fair number.  I would think that is plenty for many or us.

We were on NA in February and non-alcoholic beverages were NOT included in the 15. It specifically states ALL the benefits of the Quench package are included in the alcohol inclusive packages on the HAL website.

HALs reps and their onboard staff apparently need to read Holland Americas own website. (emphasis mine)

From https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/faq.shipboard-life.how-do-i-order-beverage-packages-and-cards.html

Feel free to print off that page and take it with you.

Onboard, Holland America Line offers a variety of beverage packages and cards for purchase as gifts or personal use. Guests can purchase individual items, multi-day wine packages or an array of convenient beverage cards (for alcoholic, non-alcoholic or soda fountain beverages).

Try one of our drink packages which offer great value and a convenient way to enhance your cruise experience.

ELITE PACKAGE

Only $59.95 per guest/per day*

Enjoy all the benefits from our Quench and Signature Packages and more! With the Elite Beverage Package you can enjoy all drinks menu priced $15 and under including Dale DeGroff’s Original Cocktails!

SIGNATURE PACKAGE

Only $54.95 per guest/per day*

Our Signature package includes everything from our Quench Package along with your favorite premium beers, spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass priced $11 and under.

QUENCH PACKAGE

(NON-ALCOHOLIC)

Only $17.95 per guest/per day* Quench your thirst with our nonalcoholic package which includes an unlimited variety of premium coffees such as espresso and cappuccino, juices, Coca-Cola™ products, our signature mocktails, Red Bull, and bottled waters 500ml and under.

(snip)

The Signature and Elite packages have a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages, which includes all alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less (Elite Beverage Package), or $11 or less (Signature Beverage Package). The Quench Beverage Package includes unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and bottled waters 500ml and under.

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If someone says otherwise, keep going up the chain until you're talking to someone in charge.  The low-level employees sometimes have bad info they're working with, including the ones you talk to on the phone.

• Like 2

I have one more question about the Signature Bev package.  My husband and I signed up for this for the first time on a cruise next year.   Is the 15 drink limit for the two of us or can we each have 15 drinks per day?  Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Bkmat said:

I have one more question about the Signature Bev package.  My husband and I signed up for this for the first time on a cruise next year.   Is the 15 drink limit for the two of us or can we each have 15 drinks per day?  Thanks! 

It’s 15 drinks per person.  Each of you can have 15 drinks per day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully I have the definitive answer to this question. 

There is a 15 drink per person/day that includes ALL drinks IF your drink package was given to you as part of a promotion or amenity. If you outright purchase the Signature drink package, all non alcoholic drinks are UNLIMITED and not included in the 15 drink/person/day count. 

If the Signature package was given to you AND you UPGRADE to the Elite package, then all non alcoholic drinks are unlimited plus when reviewing the wines, a much better choice!

Hope this helps. 

36 minutes ago, molemaui said:

Hopefully I have the definitive answer to this question. 

There is a 15 drink per person/day that includes ALL drinks IF your drink package was given to you as part of a promotion or amenity. If you outright purchase the Signature drink package, all non alcoholic drinks are UNLIMITED and not included in the 15 drink/person/day count. 

If the Signature package was given to you AND you UPGRADE to the Elite package, then all non alcoholic drinks are unlimited plus when reviewing the wines, a much better choice!

Hope this helps. 

What is the source of this info? Is this in writing somewhere?

this was not my experience. When I sailed in September the bartender said waters and sodas were included in the 15 drink limit. I never ordered a plain soda but they ran my card both when I ordered bottled water and specialty coffees. I never pushed the limit of 15 drinks a day so it wasn’t an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Emu2302 said:

this was not my experience. When I sailed in September the bartender said waters and sodas were included in the 15 drink limit. I never ordered a plain soda but they ran my card both when I ordered bottled water and specialty coffees. I never pushed the limit of 15 drinks a day so it wasn’t an issue. 

I called HAL twice. Both people I talked to didn't know so went to supervisors. True the information may be flawed but it seemed a bit more definitive (i.e. given vs. purchases). Still seems kind of a dumb way to take care of customers. My first cruise with HAL is coming top next week-we'll see. Most of the cruises I've taken included beverages so this is a new area for me too. 

1 minute ago, Emu2302 said:

I think your bartender was in error.  Even the HAL web site is out of date and erroneous.

The package does not include non alcoholic drinks in the count.  There have been numerous posts of confirmation on the boards and there is even a you tube video or two on discussions with a Beverage Managager.

Yes, they will always scan your card but only the alcoholic drinks should register for the 15 drink limit.

I had the package on one cruise and believe me I would have been over the limit with waters, sodas, specialty coffee and Clamato juice if that were the case.  I wasn’t 😉 

It makes no difference how you got the SBP, either you purchased it, or you got it as part of a promotion.

The rules are the same.  Once your keycard has the SBP or EBP printed on it,  you can have 15 alcoholic beverages per day AND UNLIMITED sodas (cans), non-alcoholic coffees, and 500 ml bottles of water.   

There is no difference in the SBP or EBP, except the max drink price, $11 for the SBP and $15 for the EBP.   And the bars do not care how you got the package.   Yes, they do scan your card for the unlimited sodas, coffees and water, because that allow the ship to track the overall ship beverage consumption and what they need to order for the next cruise.   The scanning for sodas, coffees and water is for inventory, not for checking your personal consumption.

4 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

It makes no difference how you got the SBP, either you purchased it, or you got it as part of a promotion.

The rules are the same.  Once your keycard has the SBP or EBP printed on it,  you can have 15 alcoholic beverages per day AND UNLIMITED sodas (cans), non-alcoholic coffees, and 500 ml bottles of water.   

There is no difference in the SBP or EBP, except the max drink price, $11 for the SBP and $15 for the EBP.   And the bars do not care how you got the package.   Yes, they do scan your card for the unlimited sodas, coffees and water, because that allow the ship to track the overall ship beverage consumption and what they need to order for the next cruise.   The scanning for sodas, coffees and water is for inventory, not for checking your personal consumption.

You are absolutely right!!!!! That is how it is when we have the SBP!! All our coffees at exploration cafe all our big waters and sodas were never charged up towards our drink package. Just our alcohol!!!! Always has been that way for all of ours and on our last cruise on Maasdam!!

Will be on Rotterdam in March and have it as well on Koningsdam!

I asked the question about them scanning for our water etc that was no alcohol and they said they have to keep track for inventory!

Thank you for clarifying this to everyone👍
Denise😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

You are absolutely right!!!!! That is how it is when we have the SBP!! All our coffees at exploration cafe all our big waters and sodas were never charged up towards our drink package. Just our alcohol!!!! Always has been that way for all of ours and on our last cruise on Maasdam!!

Will be on Rotterdam in March and have it as well on Koningsdam!

I asked the question about them scanning for our water etc that was no alcohol and they said they have to keep track for inventory!

Thank you for clarifying this to everyone👍
Denise😊

My cousin had the drink package on our recent K’dam cruise, this is exactly how it worked for them.....

• Like 1