Carnival and individual packets of sugar, etc.

tjsmama

So, now that Carnival is doing away with the individual packets of condiments and such, does anyone know if there will still be cream (for coffee) offered and will it be in karaffes  or small/tiny pitchers? What about in the cabin....do most cabins have coffee makers and if so, how do you go about getting cream and/or sugar? Do we have to get room service to bring it or go to the lido deck to get it? I was just thinking how enjoyable it will be to sit out on my balcony, on my Alaska cruise next summer, and enjoy a cup of coffee and didn't know if was going to be able to make it in my cabin or have to go to the lido deck to get it and then come back to my room.

Before we board, we always find a store somewhere and purchase some powdered coffeemate creamer - various flavors.  We don't use sweeteners.  MDR coffee is typically better that the buffet, but its nice to have some "flavored options" if one needs them.  

Coffee makers (electric) are not in cabins and not allowed.  You can get coffee by ordering it from room service, going to the Lido buffet or the ship's coffee shop during the hours it is open.  The coffee at the ship's coffee shop is available to purchase and is not included in the cruise fare.

1 hour ago, DubNHub said:

Do they have sugar in the raw packets? We can always bring our own, and I know things can change between now and next April. Just wanted to see if they had them. 

Yes, they have been on every Carnival ship I've been on. I love using it in my coffee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Sugar is supposedly now in bulk, but other sweeteners are still in packets.

Last month on Sunrise, sugar in lido buffet was in bulk.  It was annoying since there are no teaspoons (just soup spoons) nearby to measure how much to put in.  If you go to one of the ice cream stations you can grab a teaspoon.  Milk and cream were in large carafs, and the had blue, yellow and pink sweetener packets.

• Like 1

Just off the Breeze - the white and raw sugar were both in bulk containers in the buffet. My main complaint with that was that the raw sugar did not really flow well out of the jar.  We had sea day brunch in MDR and as I recall, the sugars were in packets. 

12 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

Coffee makers (electric) are not in cabins and not allowed.  You can get coffee by ordering it from room service, going to the Lido buffet or the ship's coffee shop during the hours it is open.  The coffee at the ship's coffee shop is available to purchase and is not included in the cruise fare.

To add to this, the coffee on the Lido Deck is available 24/7.  There are several areas where you can get it.  If one is closed down,  check the others.  They never shut them all down at the same time.

We bring our insulated travel mugs with us.  Fill them with a cup at the machine then take them back to our balcony.

My husband drinks his coffee plain and I only drink hot chocolate on the lido so I don't fully remember what they had on the Sunshine there.

MDR had white sugar in pour containers and artificial in packets (I think pink, yellow, and green) at breakfast/brunch, tea time, and if you requested tea or coffee with/after dinner.  They also had small reusable/refillable creamer containers because - I remember because we told them we didn't need it. I don't remember seeing any brown packets for sugar in the raw, but think they did have shakers at lido of sugar in the raw because I was looking for cinnamon for my oatmeal and only saw it.  Cinnamon was at the specialty coffee area, and they also had whipped cream (nice for french toast), but grab a small syrup ramekin for them to put it in if you want for your drink (or food).

We sailed on the Magic in April and the sugar packets available in the MDR and Lido buffet were raw sugar and artificial sugars.  There were a few granulated sugar packets in the buffet but a member of the wait staff informed me that when the supply of granulated sugar packets are used, Carnival will not be ordering them again and will only have granulated sugar available in a bulk sugar dispenser.  You will have to grab a soup spoon from the buffet if you measure your sugar.

This doesn't bother me as much as eliminating the real butter packets in the MDR and buffet.

• Like 1