New ship

The Bullingdon Club

I am booked on the QA 3/24/24 voyage - they call it a "Maiden" voyage but it is not the actual maiden voyage; it goes to far north Norway and is "Northern Lights".  If there isn't a decent promenade deck -  with room for deck chairs - I will consider cancelling.  I was just on HAL's Nieuw Statendam and while there were a number of positives, I really missed being able to sit on the promenade deck and watch/listen to the water.  At least the prom deck went all the way around the ship, but it was quite narrow in many spots.....

On 9/28/2022 at 2:36 PM, sogne said:

new video of keel laying however there is a very bad  historical mistake in the the commentary I used subtitles to check  that I did not miss hear

Yes there is.

"the era of Queen Anne's reign which lasted from 1665 until 1707"

She was actually born in 1665 and became queen in 1702.

• Like 1

Guest SilverHengroen
7 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Yes there is.

"the era of Queen Anne's reign which lasted from 1665 until 1707"

She was actually born in 1665 and became queen in 1702.

And remained Queen until her death in 1714, just with a change of titles due to the acts of union! 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, sogne said:

QA will according to info told to me today will have normal  prom deck like all other in fleet

Agreed, the prom deck wording may be correct, but how wide on Anne?

And the lifeboats are stowed where?  Suspended well above the prom deck, or on?

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We’ll just have to hope for the best. I think some of the interiors look very nice?

If we don't want to fly/cruise and QM2 is a last resort, we might not have any choice so we will probably be giving Annie a whirl!

Hello:    I have sailed countless times on Cunard ship since 1993 and have several sailings booked for the near future.  Cunard can call it a promenade deck on QA all day long.  It is not going to be a true promenade deck as you will find on the QM2, QV or QE.  There will be no room for deck chairs and most views of the passing sea will be blocked by lifeboats.  Yes, you will be able to walk around it, but the deck will be narrow in most places.   Its most unfortunate.  I will not sail on a ship without a proper promenade deck where I can sit, watch the ocean, and people watch.   All the best.

Deck Chair

europe trip QM2 2013 202.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Later, the discussions will turn to the space/guest deck ratio.  Followed by the lack of sun beds on open upper decks.  The theatre show timetables……. The list of reasons not to board will prove to be endless 

Maybe for some and maybe others' like us, will be giving the new ship a try if Victoria is relocated to the Med for fly cruises.

As much as I'm sceptical, I won't damn the product until I've tried it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One had the identical kind thought regarding P&O - Once bitten……

One also had sceptical thoughts on P&O but one went with friends  for a shortie and one had a marvellous time. One wouldn't go again on P&O unless it was for a short break and with a crowd but it shows one can enjoy something one had reservations about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hello:    I have sailed countless times on Cunard ship since 1993 and have several sailings booked for the near future.  Cunard can call it a promenade deck on QA all day long.  It is not going to be a true promenade deck as you will find on the QM2, QV or QE.  There will be no room for deck chairs and most views of the passing sea will be blocked by lifeboats.  Yes, you will be able to walk around it, but the deck will be narrow in most places.   Its most unfortunate.  I will not sail on a ship without a proper promenade deck where I can sit, watch the ocean, and people watch.   All the best.

Deck Chair

europe trip QM2 2013 202.jpg

FWIW I was told that lifeboats will block  balconies on deck 4 with pretty much full obstruction as per deck 8 on QM2. IF  correct prom deck should be similar to your photo. Like others  we will try it first before  damming it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Later, the discussions will turn to the space/guest deck ratio.  Followed by the lack of sun beds on open upper decks.  The theatre show timetables……. The list of reasons not to board will prove to be endless 

And rightly so.  Of course change is inevitable and a lot of changes are for the better. But far too often people are expected to accept a lowering of standards.  

• Like 2

Hello.  All one has to do is pull up the deck plans of the new QA and you can plainly see the promenade deck is not going to be anything like you find on the other Cunard ships.  Also, the QA is modeled after the HAL new PINNACLE class ships such as Koningsdam and Rotterdam.  Check out their deck plans or view countless YOUTUBE videos.  Do you see traditional promenade decks?  Sadly, you do not.  You see a narrow passages with most views blocked by lifeboats and not a deck chair in sight.  No thanks.  I'll stick to QM2, QE and QV.  IMG_2447.thumb.JPG.f947c57740229e9b8e02daff2e8349d9.JPGIMG_2504.thumb.JPG.31d1aca31aa41953862e1e102d3c606a.JPGIMG_0646.thumb.JPG.44c0b1865cfa1c87630c173f19f7ce97.JPGIMG_0940.thumb.JPG.a8d8a260e805a0f98be1915495f7631d.JPGIMG_5646.thumb.jpeg.5ff1d1ddbb9adcbe3420fe78500335de.jpegIMG_0123.thumb.JPG.9628be90cfa7d4d537b92934f21f9b07.JPGIMG_0952.thumb.JPG.22f1c76efa8cae716e3d9e4aa501509c.JPGIMG_0994.thumb.JPG.d2d147077532a3aad42b106e36c557ff.JPGIMG_7724.thumb.jpg.0801086bcb9ad68ebc13ccff78ff401c.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sogne said:

pretty much full obstruction as per deck 8 on QM2.

Have you ever sailed in a Deck 8 obstructed?

You basically don't see ocean but the sky is largely unobstructed behind the lifeboats (as opposed to the tenders). Of course there are those who insist the sheltered balconies are obstructed.

4 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Have you ever sailed in a Deck 8 obstructed?

You basically don't see ocean but the sky is largely unobstructed behind the lifeboats (as opposed to the tenders). Of course there are those who insist the sheltered balconies are obstructed.

Been in one to see decided not for us as I prefer to c the c

I agree with deck chair- no prommenade deck- no sailings for me on the Queen Anne. If I want that- I can stick with HAL´s new ships. Having sailed Niew Statendam I know how that so called prommenade Deck looks. It may be a walkway around the ship- with nice and reassuring view of lifeboats. ( They are really there when needed-- reassuring- LOL.)