New ship

The Bullingdon Club

On 11/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, Victoria2 said:

On 11/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, Victoria2 said:

As much as I'm sceptical, I won't damn the product until I've tried it.

PORT ROYAL: One had the identical kind thought regarding P&O - Once bitten……

Victoria2:  One also had sceptical thoughts on P&O but one went with friends  for a shortie and one had a marvellous time. One wouldn't go again on P&O unless it was for a short break and with a crowd but it shows one can enjoy something one had reservations about.

I make that One-all.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

Victoria2:  One also had sceptical thoughts on P&O but one went with friends  for a shortie and one had a marvellous time. One wouldn't go again on P&O unless it was for a short break and with a crowd but it shows one can enjoy something one had reservations about.

I make that One-all.

Like it…..

Also tried Carnival (Defeat) once…Boarded San Juan….Disembarked (Early) Barbados… Flew home

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

I make that One-all.

No game,  🙂 just my experience as far as being sceptical is concerned.

I don't believe one should damn something  without trying it first. and unfortunately, I might not have the chance to report back as my April QA cruise has just been cancelled!

I've compared the QA deck plans to HAL's K'dam. except for the arrangement of public spaces--theater, Queens Room, etc--they're the same. I don't see how they can widen the "promenade deck," as it's called on the K.

The narrow space and the many turns make this  deck barely suitable for a promenade, and impossible for running. In fact, the K has a sign that says "no jogging." The only place to sit on this deck on the K are a few lifejacket locker benches. 

L1020998.JPG

L1030001 (2).JPG

54 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've compared the QA deck plans to HAL's K'dam. except for the arrangement of public spaces--theater, Queens Room, etc--they're the same. I don't see how they can widen the "promenade deck," as it's called on the K.

The narrow space and the many turns make this  deck barely suitable for a promenade, and impossible for running. In fact, the K has a sign that says "no jogging." The only place to sit on this deck on the K are a few lifejacket locker benches. 

L1020998.JPG

L1030001 (2).JPG

One’s efforts are appreciated.

The view from the alleged Anne Prom Deck does appear to not lift one’s spirits, but the opposite.

No doubt the Anne open minded cheerleaders will put a more positive spin on the potential photographic evidence kindly provided by 3Gen.

Although definitely not a QA cheerleader, I am of the openminded  faction and  photographs of a less than wide prom  deck will not be sufficient to turn me against the ship before experiencing it.

Through necessity, if we want to travel from and back to Southampton [no QM2 thank you] we will give the new ship our custom for '24 and having reconciled to that, I am now quite looking forward to the new experience even if our first attempt at sailing with her has been thwarted. 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 3:23 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

L1020998.JPG

L1030001 (2).JPG

Are the QE and QV better than this? It wouldn’t be enough to stop me sailing on the QA, but I did quite like the QM2 promenade deck. 

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I agree- oh my - what did write- slippers- i meant slippery of course. Then I forgot the word " sign"- i really should proof read my posts. Sorry!

Slightly off piste…. The indicated warning sign reminded one.   Over 20 years ago, visiting friends in Ibiza.  Sitting quietly in the containment area after flight called, when 20 plus boisterous girls on a hen party arrived.  All wearing T’shirts with the identical warning logo.  Think they must have worked for the HSE.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess most of us have had the latest Cunard email with more information about Queen Anne, with the latest linking to info about the "Bright Lights Society" which looks like a cabaret bar - with suggestions indicating people getting high on champagne, and live music to entertain, but also I note the section saying "When the performances are over and the applause dies down, the music kicks back in and everyone rises to their feet. The floor is yours, and your evening has only just begun."

Looking at the picture there doesn't look like a lot of room to dance, and even disco dancing will be close and cosy between people!  It is also interesting that they are making a big push for this venue as a highlight, and not pushing the Queens Room!  It is also an unanswered question as to whether this Bright Lights Society might be a paid venue?

Did anyone else on here attend last nights evening in London for the Cunard Queen Anne immersive experience? @Bell Boy

Showcasing elements of her onboard experience it included a selection of the art to be featured on board and a sample of the entertainment from the new “Brightlights Society’ bar.

583380830_AQueenAnneevent1.thumb.jpeg.96f09b1e9d098472c6e58df816c5a914.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

I guess most of us have had the latest Cunard email with more information about Queen Anne, with the latest linking to info about the "Bright Lights Society" which looks like a cabaret bar - with suggestions indicating people getting high on champagne, and live music to entertain, but also I note the section saying "When the performances are over and the applause dies down, the music kicks back in and everyone rises to their feet. The floor is yours, and your evening has only just begun."

Looking at the picture there doesn't look like a lot of room to dance, and even disco dancing will be close and cosy between people!  It is also interesting that they are making a big push for this venue as a highlight, and not pushing the Queens Room!  It is also an unanswered question as to whether this Bright Lights Society might be a paid venue?

It will be very similar as The Limelight Club on P&O which is on some of their ships. You pay to see the cabaret and then when they have finished is open to anyone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Did anyone else on here attend last nights evening in London for the Cunard Queen Anne immersive experience? @Bell Boy

Showcasing elements of her onboard experience it included a selection of the art to be featured on board and a sample of the entertainment from the new “Brightlights Society’ bar.

583380830_AQueenAnneevent1.thumb.jpeg.96f09b1e9d098472c6e58df816c5a914.jpeg

Oh no, not more art. I bought a £3k painting on the QM2 in October. Will be tempted again...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colin_Cameron said:

That was my thought when reading the email.

Hi there Colin.

If it is as good as the Limelight Club on the newer P&O ships (Britannia and Iona) then who cares. It's something different, popular and well worth the money.  I will applaud Cunard if it is.

583424860_LimelightClubMadelineBellandBarbara.thumb.jpg.265a4bec48ca2269754c7960edf98169.jpg

443119609_LimelightClub14.thumb.jpg.1e8c72253484192f6f7a18701b43875c.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Without wishing my life away, the more I hear about this ship, the more I'm looking forward to trying her out. 🙂

I'm certainly online at 1pm on the 6th...

Whether I try to get a cheapest QG 7001 or 7002 at the bow, or settle for a PG on Deck 4 I don't know yet... 

• Like 2