New ship

The Bullingdon Club

This is not related to the new ship, but the discussion about misleading advertising reminds me of advertising we've discussed before such as this one we get here in the US for transatlantic crossings to/from "London". I suppose advertising a London voyage resonates better over here rather than Southampton.

827903289_CunardLondonAdvertisement.png.50006d06594fea8b0da39b1c0cc65d3d.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Less than 24 hours to go for Queen Anne booking opening for those of us World Club folk who have registered.

I'm quite excited. Are you?

I’m excited but sadly have no money. Maybe in two or three years, though. I look forward to reading your blog report of your sailing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Less than 24 hours to go for Queen Anne booking opening for those of us World Club folk who have registered.

If I do book a cruise on Queen Anne it won't be until 2024 for a cruise in 2025 to commemorate my 50th birthday.

21 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

hoping for 11th Jan 24 as special occasion for us both

• Like 2

No interest in booking for the new ship, will watch with interest the feedback from the first few who sail on her. Have been on hold now for 50 minutes trying to discuss and existing booking usual story nobody picking up the phone. Just got through to be told that they are inundated with enquiries about the new ship. Our adapted cabin is not in the quarantine area, so sounds promising we will go ahead as it stands, and hope for the best, without the adapted cabin its a no go for us.

15 minutes ago, Annabel50 said:

No interest in booking for the new ship, will watch with interest the feedback from the first few who sail on her. Have been on hold now for 50 minutes trying to discuss and existing booking usual story nobody picking up the phone. Just got through to be told that they are inundated with enquiries about the new ship. Our adapted cabin is not in the quarantine area, so sounds promising we will go ahead as it stands, and hope for the best, without the adapted cabin its a no go for us.

Annabel50, truly, if you had an agent, they would do all this legwork for you.  I just wish I could pass you on to my fabulous agent but I can't. 

I have heard they are having many enquiries about the new ship and I will come clean and say we have already been offered a QG cabin on the Maiden by Cunard, which we said thanks but no thanks  as the timing just isn't right for us. I'm sure someone else took up the offer and I hope they enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering the Caribbean. I like to have a warm winter "escape," and I don't want to sail on some megaship with an amusement park on top. The smaller inclusive ships are more than I want to  spend, so I've mostly done the Caribbean on HAL. It would be nice to sail the Caribbean on Cunard, especially since I chickened out on the QM2 Caribbean this past winter. 

The "starting from" prices Britannia Balcony and Club aren't as far apart as they are on the other ships. And since I wouldn't want to be at the ends of the ship, I'd be looking at a higher priced balcony. So maybe Club wouldn't be much more. I wish they'd publish a full "opening day" price scale so I could really evaluate my options. For those who sail in Club, is there any benefit beyond the single-seating dining room? 

30 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm seriously considering the Caribbean. I like to have a warm winter "escape," and I don't want to sail on some megaship with an amusement park on top. The smaller inclusive ships are more than I want to  spend, so I've mostly done the Caribbean on HAL. It would be nice to sail the Caribbean on Cunard, especially since I chickened out on the QM2 Caribbean this past winter. 

The "starting from" prices Britannia Balcony and Club aren't as far apart as they are on the other ships. And since I wouldn't want to be at the ends of the ship, I'd be looking at a higher priced balcony. So maybe Club wouldn't be much more. I wish they'd publish a full "opening day" price scale so I could really evaluate my options. For those who sail in Club, is there any benefit beyond the single-seating dining room? 

To assist, here is a previous thread on the joys of Club..

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

A little more specific, with quotes from one and others…

It’s a personal choice, for us (now always) Club is worth the small additional, as it’s not much more than a B grade balcony.  Service in Britannia Club is exceptional and one has the same a table (monopoly) with only one sitting (freedom style-take as long as one wishes) for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  Expanded menus (flambé), a proper cheese trolley (served) not pre plated. And so on…. 

+++

These are the same reasons we only book Club all the time since being on the QM2. The Dining Room same table and timing was the key factor on our decision. The Extended Menu which is Pre Grill Experience gives us the taste of the next Classes. Not to mention the Flambes and dishes prepared at the table by an Excellent Maitre de.

+++

The service, as others have mentioned, is impeccable and we never struggled to choose. The extra a la carte options helped with this. The flambé is particularly special.

+++

We agree it's worth it with a possibility of a Upgrade if possible. 

Thank you for the QA deck plans- we are so good at making stuff up- those seem genuine. 

I almost spit out my tea- a "Wellness Cafe" sigh - those are popular and hip- I'm old- so coffee, tea and scones and newspapers please.  

I have a "public health" hat here someplace- so many more cabins - good for revenue - not so good otherwise. 

The dance floor looks too small.  That is actually a problem on Cunard.  There are so many dancers and the floor is so packed, it is actually difficult to dance on Cunard.  However, it may be possible to fix this in the shipyard.  Take out the first row of seats and add more simulated wood flooring.   Other lines, NCL as an example, are adding more tables to dance floors, and HAL is taking them up.   

The promenade deck looks serviceable.  As someone who actually walks on one twice a day, unless the deck is roped off, the number of people who are really out there of 2000+ passengers supports the idea it is not worth redesigning the whole ship to make it two feet wider.  (This can be a science project- grab a deck chair and a clicker and count).   

The aft pool - nice.  I do like to take meals poolside lately - not looking good here.  

Edited by ew101

7 hours ago, MylesS said:

Managed to get on the maiden this morning. Currently in the US so had to us a VPN! Super excited, as this will be my first maiden trip on any ship. See you all onboard. 🙂

Well doneSir.

Maiden's are great fun and there are always the little 'extras' that the cruise line put on, not to

mention the satisfaction and kudos. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Maiden's are great fun and there are always the little 'extras' that the cruise line put on, not to

mention the satisfaction and kudos.

And presumably, should Queen Anne encounter any trouble while on her maiden voyage, Arthur the 2022 Cunard Bear (pictured in a separate thread, and named after Captain Arthur Rostron of the Carpathia), would be able to render assistance.  🙂🐻

Best wishes to everyone who was able to book.  Looks like it will be a while before QA appears in Australia waters.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, omah1975 said:

Cunard has apparently had it's busiest booking day on record and the Queen Anne maiden voyage is already sold out.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/20147232.cunard-reports-busiest-booking-day-record/

That's really good news, and I am very pleased for Cunard. While I'm sure there are lots of people still using up Covid credits, let's hope they have got lots of new business.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, omah1975 said:

Cunard has apparently had it's busiest booking day on record and the Queen Anne maiden voyage is already sold out.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/20147232.cunard-reports-busiest-booking-day-record/

Certainly believe there is a lot of Cunard "spin" put into that statement it certainly took a lot longer to sell out QA than when QE went on sale for her Maiden voyage  and was sold out in 30 minutes.

48 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Certainly believe there is a lot of Cunard "spin" put into that statement it certainly took a lot longer to sell out QA than when QE went on sale for her Maiden voyage  and was sold out in 30 minutes.

Perhaps that was Cunard spin too.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:19 AM, LittleFish1976 said:

What do the single cabins have that make them more attractive to the single traveller and justifies their extra cost?

I always found them to be cheaper, not by a huge amount but enough to warrant booking.

The cabins on the current Queens are in a great location, on the same deck (or decks for the QM2) as the Britannia restuarant, so great to avoid travelling up/down stairs/lifts to get to the main public spaces.

Plus tucked away where they were, they have always been quiet for me. Not on a thoroughfare with passengers coming and going, so no late night noise.

The cabins on the QM2 are especially spacious for a solo cabin, and have lots of fans.  They get booked pretty quickly when the new sailings are pubished so they are in demand.

Also, for other solo travellers, it's nice to be in a little community together on the ship.

So I am all for them.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:59 AM, Germancruiser said:

The single cabins on Deck 3 on board QM2 are wonderful- even though they don´t have a balcony- those two big port holes are making up for the lack of said balcony.

I was so surprised at the size when I sailed on the QM2, these are a couple of photos I took.  They really are very nicely furnished and not at all undersized.  I always go ashore or am around the ship so I don't miss a balcony.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4

I love those cabins!  Lack of any on Queen Anne is a massive disappointment.

I just noted the maiden voyage is indeed sold out but plenty of space appearing on all the other sailings currently offered.  Sadly for a single passenger the costs are way too high for me at this time.

• Like 2