Equinox Luminare Retreat Lounge

vvnh16a

Yes, except it is decorated differently. Rose and Judi are the bartenders and both are great. They can make any drink you want. I have read some comments that such things as chocolate martinis and blender drinks could not be gotten there. Not so. I had many of those just last week. 

Yes.  Since the Equinox has been partly refurbished, Michaels Club is now the Retreat Lounge.  Same location just a little different in decor.  More modern looking now as opposed to the dark, heavy feeling of before.  

The Retreat Lounge is open to Suite guests only.  I say this because Michaels Club used to be open to all passengers but later changed to Suite guests only.  I don't know which Michaels you are referring to.  

24 minutes ago, vvnh16a said:

Does the Equinox have a lounge equivalent to the the Michael's club on Silouette?

Not  really the same. The old Michael's was remodeled in the dry dock. It is a lot lighter now not dark.

New furniture some good and some bad. If you have been on the Edge they have the same light breakfast items and 

hor d'oeuvres in the evening. Overall very nice.

We were pleasantly surprised by the Retreat Lounge.

In pictures we had looked  at it seemed a little cold but in reality we found it very bright and cheerful! The bar being ‘pushed back’ has made it more spacious too. The frosted glass did add light and there were enough chair styles and types to ensure everyone was comfortable.

20 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Yes.  Since the Equinox has been partly refurbished, Michaels Club is now the Retreat Lounge.  Same location just a little different in decor.  More modern looking now as opposed to the dark, heavy feeling of before.  

The Retreat Lounge is open to Suite guests only.  I say this because Michaels Club used to be open to all passengers but later changed to Suite guests only.  I don't know which Michaels you are referring to.  

Michaels Club was only open to Elite and above...then they took it away from the Elites...And now, it's only open for those in a suite...

11 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Michaels Club was only open to Elite and above...then they took it away from the Elites...And now, it's only open for those in a suite...

20 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

And Zenith members, no matter their stateroom category.  I remember when Michaels Club was a cigar lounge and open to everyone. Well at least those that dared venture in there. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

And Zenith members, no matter their stateroom category.  I remember when Michaels Club was a cigar lounge and open to everyone. Well at least those that dared venture in there. 

I'm sure that at one time Michaels Club was open to everyone.  But when we were there, it was only open to Elite and above...So I stand corrected.

23 hours ago, vvnh16a said:

Does the Equinox have a lounge equivalent to the the Michael's club on Silouette?

The Silhouette still has Michael's Club,  but that will be converted to the Retreat in January during the revolution, as Michael's was renamed the Retreat Lounge on the Equinox when revolutionized. The Retreat/Michael's Club is for Suite guests, Zenith Captain's Club members, high rollers and VIPs. Luminae (looking at your title), is the Suite-only dining venue).

On our first Silhouette cruise, Michael's Club was a lovely lounge with many choices of beer (I think they advertised 60 types, if I remember correctly) and liquors (no smoking onboard when Silhouette debuted, so not a cigar club). The Elite breakfast was held in there, but everyone was able to use it the rest of the day. My DH had some lovely beer and whiskey tastings in there and they occasionally had live music at night. It was a favorite place for him. A couple of years later the Michael's Clubs began to be transitioned to Suite-only lounges and that is when we started booking suites, when we could, and always enjoy Michael's Club/Retreat lounges. 

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

I'm sure that at one time Michaels Club was open to everyone.  But when we were there, it was only open to Elite and above...So I stand corrected.

Even at the time it was used for the Captains Club Elite cocktail hour it was open the rest of the time to the whole ship.  There was a piano player in there in the evening.  Used to be our place to be at night.