Celebrity CEO gets prestigious Vall Kill award

hvsteve1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Sorry I never heard of this award.  It's an award designed to make political statements.  I'm sure there are many other similar awards that I've never heard about.  I'm still not impressed.

Well, every time I read the title I keep seeing Kill Bill 🙈 - I’ve never even seen the film 😜.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So honest question...

If you who are posting here are that unhappy with her decisions, why do you continue to cruise Celebrity? 

I agree, some like to complain and hide their loyalty.  I remember 4 or 5 years ago when fresh squeezed OJ was cut from the buffet, the pessimistic response was overwhelming, and I believe many of the orange juice quitters got called out on their bluff.

We've canceled Eclipse for 2020, and our plans on Solstice for 2021.  The product no longer holds the same value, considering the cuts we experienced in the Spring vs rising prices.  Reviews have improved since June, so perhaps they've back peddled, but we're still out.  I don't agree with many of LLP's decisions, but if others do, or are corrected, the industry as a whole needs the competition.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

It seems that no matter who takes the reigns at X, after awhile they end up being criticized for the changes they make during their time as CEO. Before LLP it was  Michael Bayley.

I think the Edge class ships design will define LLP's legacy.   Certainly the Edge class ships have some fresh design features that create excitement, but when you look into detail on the ship's design there are many features that really affect how people enjoy their time onboard.    Specifically the smaller balcony design which drove smaller less comfortable and less functional furniture.  IV balcony put great emphasis into turning the entire cabin into a balcony but ignored the fact that many people also enjoyed using it as a separate space.   The poor tradeoff between cabin space and balcony space is an inherent design feature of the IV balconies and will result in lower customer satisfaction.  Either no one took the time to understand how their customers use the cabins or the designers didn't care.  I put this issue directly on LLP.  No awards from me on the Edge design.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Tell me again why is this a prestigious award?  I'll venture to say that most on the website never heard of this award before last weekend.  Tell me again the criteria for the award and who is on the selection committee? 

This is an award for liberal women who adhere to specific ideologies.

I object to the award for numerous reasons, not the least of which is lack of inclusiveness. Discrimination or groups that promote discrimination should not be tolerated on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mdpa said:

I object to the award for numerous reasons, not the least of which is lack of inclusiveness. Discrimination or groups that promote discrimination should not be tolerated on this forum.

Go check the t-shirt thread. There is at least one posted that does in fact promote an agenda and discrimination. Well, to some. Those of another ilk probably see nothing wrong with it.

• Thanks 1

Political/ idealogical  awards are just that...pleasing the base &  agenda of those bestowing the award  Guess it is still nice to win.

Culinary , Design, Cruise industry, and  Cruiser awards would mean more objectively!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mdpa said:

I trust your comment was tongue in cheek style, as looking at previous awardees, they appear to be very diverse and inclusive... Women and Men, for starters.

What type of discrimination is being promoted by the award?

Thank you and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3

Perhaps I have some misinformation,but I thought that Captain Kate became a Captain long before LLP became CEO of Celebrity. Although recently,Captain Kate has been assigned from the Summit to larger/newer ships including the Edge. This may be due in part to LLP’s influence.

As to the role of women in the work force today, I can only look to my friends’ female children. Their careers include,a tug boat Captain,a neonatology physician, a marketing executive at a leading food product company, and an architectural interior designer. 

As a commercial from the 70s said, “We’ve come a long way baby !”.

As someone who graduated from college in 1974 with a teaching degree, I can certainly appreciate all the interesting opportunities offered to women in the work force today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think the Edge class ships design will define LLP's legacy.   Certainly the Edge class ships have some fresh design features that create excitement, but when you look into detail on the ship's design there are many features that really affect how people enjoy their time onboard.    Specifically the smaller balcony design which drove smaller less comfortable and less functional furniture.  IV balcony put great emphasis into turning the entire cabin into a balcony but ignored the fact that many people also enjoyed using it as a separate space.   The poor tradeoff between cabin space and balcony space is an inherent design feature of the IV balconies and will result in lower customer satisfaction.  Either no one took the time to understand how their customers use the cabins or the designers didn't care.  I put this issue directly on LLP.  No awards from me on the Edge design.

I definitely agree with your first sentence about her legacy.  Success or failure of the E-Class financially will affect her job and perhaps future positions in RCI LTD going forward.  But so goes the life of a CEO.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I trust your comment was tongue in cheek style, as looking at previous awardees, they appear to be very diverse and inclusive... Women and Men, for starters.

What type of discrimination is being promoted by the award?

Thank you and bon voyage

Good Wisdom Bo, and like yourself I looked up the previous recipients and found a diverse mixture of people that made a difference 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1