2021-2022 Celebrity Deployment Opening Schedule!

vtcruising

19 hours ago, RodPat said:

We are on the Edge Nov.15-24.  I will just book a few next cruise bookings so I can get the perks and will call my travel agent when I get home.

Pat

Hi Pat & Rod - Two ships passing in the night.  Dee & I are on the Equinox due back into Fort Lauderdale on November 16.  Too bad we couldn't connect with the timing.  It's been a while.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, Mynki said:

Some E class 14 day Southern Caribbean sailings would be nice. They haven't been too imaginative with the existing Apex and Edge sailings in that part of the world! Longer trips visiting the ABC's and South American countries etc would be nice. 

An S class ship stationed permanently in the Far East. 

Norwegian itineraries where the ship travels well into the Arctic Circle to Spitzbergen and Honningsvaag rather than just the usual 7 and 8 night itineraries out of Southampton. 

Southern Africa. 

I expect to be wrong on all four counts though.... 

Azamara does southern Africa...

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Marilyn, are the western TA's also available to book...Also, how about transpacifics.  I want to book both.   Thank you for all you do to keep us informed about everything, especially, since I have been off for quite awhile.

Yes, have missed you! 

Im not sure - they had that chart  up for about 2 days and then took it down. Someone mentioned on this thread that they called X or TA and they didn’t have any info yet. Maybe it was put up too early by mistake? Whatever is on the chart in the first post is all I know. TAs have an X Webinar Oct 31 - it looks like it may be about deployment? Maybe we will hear more Friday or early next week. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, DebInAntigua said:

We’ll be on a cruise ending Nov 24th. Wonder if there will be any way to book onboard for cruises releasing 11/26 ?

Only a place holder, and in November 26 you call to Celebrity

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Only a place holder, and in November 26 you call to Celebrity

It might work out for us for a Panama Canal cruise...or a  Carib cruise when they come out...depends on what they offer....or if you lose perks or anything under some of the new rules by changing ship, itin and dates?????

39 minutes ago, hcat said:

It might work out for us for a Panama Canal cruise...or a  Carib cruise when they come out...depends on what they offer....or if you lose perks or anything under some of the new rules by changing ship, itin and dates?????

When booking the placeholders, I was told that you keep the on-board promotion (Extra OBC & Reduced Deposit) What changes is  the current  X promotion at the time of selecting the desired cruise, the extra onboard credit can change if you book a higher or minor category to that of the placeholder.

Love Celebrity but their itineraries never seem to change much and are pretty boring. We’ve done all the Asian ones plus New Zealand. Would like to see South Africa, Maldives, Mauritius added. Hope they bring back Sri Lanka and India. We were booked on a cruise to do these places but it was cancelled when they redeployed ship to Tampa! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Love Celebrity but their itineraries never seem to change much and are pretty boring. We’ve done all the Asian ones plus New Zealand. Would like to see South Africa, Maldives, Mauritius added. Hope they bring back Sri Lanka and India. We were booked on a cruise to do these places but it was cancelled when they redeployed ship to Tampa! 

Yes, we were just about to book Connie for Christmas 2020 for those very places when they pulled the plug - they obviously needed more ships in the Caribbean 🙄. So, we’ve ventured elsewhere again.

10 hours ago, gerelmx said:

When booking the placeholders, I was told that you keep the on-board promotion (Extra OBC & Reduced Deposit) What changes is  the current  X promotion at the time of selecting the desired cruise, the extra onboard credit can change if you book a higher or minor category to that of the placeholder.

Okay .makes sense .

Thanks

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Azamara does southern Africa...

They do as do a couple of other lines. But my point really is that Celebrity are very conservative with the ports they visit with a lot of focus on the common revenue producing itineraries. Seeing their two new E class ships spending the winter doing the same dull trips in the Caribbean and transferring Constellation to Tampa doesn't show too much imagination. When the additional three E class ships are in service it would be nice to see some more adventurous trips offered by X. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

I agree. Loved how their press announcement on the Connie redeploy headlined it as expanding their global offerings. Tampa, that sought after global destination 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Where did you venture next - Princess again?

Yes, for the choice of itineraries. X appears to be concentrating more on the new ships rather than where they visit. We’d already completed the only other two itineraries over Christmas that were available (HK to Singapore & Australia to NZ) - when you take out the usual Caribbean sailings (& Panama which we’ve completed) - so Connie’s route was ideal. That got pulled, resulting in us considering other options. We’ve decided on Borneo and The Philippines (not been to either of those places). As you know, we like travelling as a family and are restricted by the boys’ timetables as well as our own. Let’s hope X release some innovative and fresh itineraries in the new batch - I still have placeholders to use 🤣.

Do you have anything booked?

Visited the Philippines on the Millennium a couple of years ago. Manila was a waste of time nothing much to see but Boracay was nice with gorgeous beach. We also visited Kota Kinabulu in Borneo and enjoyed it so actually went back last September on a land based holiday To Sandakan so we could visit the Orang Utan  sanctuary which was amazing.  Celebrity seem to be dropping all the interesting itineraries. They no longer visit Bali or Komodo Island which they used to do. Seem to be concentrating on those who wish to do the Caribbean year after year. 

45 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Visited the Philippines on the Millennium a couple of years ago. Manila was a waste of time nothing much to see but Boracay was nice with gorgeous beach. We also visited Kota Kinabulu in Borneo and enjoyed it so actually went back last September on a land based holiday To Sandakan so we could visit the Orang Utan  sanctuary which was amazing.  Celebrity seem to be dropping all the interesting itineraries. They no longer visit Bali or Komodo Island which they used to do. Seem to be concentrating on those who wish to do the Caribbean year after year. 

Yes, those places are on out itinerary and Vietnam again, but a couple of new ports there too. We’ve visited Bali previously en route to Australia (siblings there so a good stopover with Singapore), but X do appear to be reducing their offerings year on year. Japan is on our radar, however, possibly not with X as their itineraries seem to get chartered quite often in that region - don’t want the hassle. As we still travel with our teens, timing also restricts us to peak times and peak costings - unfortunately 😬.

3 hours ago, villauk said:

Yes, for the choice of itineraries. X appears to be concentrating more on the new ships rather than where they visit. We’d already completed the only other two itineraries over Christmas that were available (HK to Singapore & Australia to NZ) - when you take out the usual Caribbean sailings (& Panama which we’ve completed) - so Connie’s route was ideal. That got pulled, resulting in us considering other options. We’ve decided on Borneo and The Philippines (not been to either of those places). As you know, we like travelling as a family and are restricted by the boys’ timetables as well as our own. Let’s hope X release some innovative and fresh itineraries in the new batch - I still have placeholders to use 🤣.

Do you have anything booked?

I've been looking at Holland America after reading some positive things on CC about their improved (no)smoking policy, but nothing decided in that regard.  I still love the X experience but have noticed prices continue to be high and itineraries not extremely varied  (although still lots of unchartered territory for us!).   I'm also limited by time right now.  

I am excited to see  what the new 2021 itineraries will be like once they are released by X.

I was disappointed that the Princess Medallion class sailing I had booked in 2018 turned out to be not ready for medallion, but still enjoyed the ship/cruise.  I'd sail Princess again for sure. 

• Like 1

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2021 itineraries that will be announced later this month. A few comments above referenced bookings open to Captain's Club members a couple of days before the general public. We are Captain's Club, but I've never booked a cruise before the general offering. Do you need to call Celebrity, or just log into the website and it know's you're Captain's Club and will show you the new itineraries?

10 hours ago, Sammigar said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2021 itineraries that will be announced later this month. A few comments above referenced bookings open to Captain's Club members a couple of days before the general public. We are Captain's Club, but I've never booked a cruise before the general offering. Do you need to call Celebrity, or just log into the website and it know's you're Captain's Club and will show you the new itineraries?

Last year I logged in and was able to see the new itineraries online on the Captain Club's opening dates. I  searched by using the date in order to see the new cruises, if I remember correctly (they didn't just pop up as a group of new cruises). If you have issues, you can call Captain's Club.

Edited by vtcruising