How strict is royal Caribbean with kids club?

How strict is royal Caribbean with kids club? Me and my sisters family are going on a cruise in November and between the 4 kids three will be over 3 besides my 2.5 year old. She is fully potty trained. I just think she would have a much better time with her brother and cousins rather than by herself. So has anyone Had experience with this? Thanks! 

Official answer,  no. But there is a tiny chance,  but depending on numbers and people onbaord, and be prepared to pay for a trial in the nursery so the staff can see how potty trained,  how good communication is and how good rule following is. They have the final say.  Adventure ocean is an activities based programme. 

Carnivals program is 2-5 and no potty training requirements.  Anyone else booking and needing camp for a 2 year old should heavily consider Carnival over Royal.

Our experience on Royal is the same as others said.  They are not flexible with the age requirement.

I have to disagree with those saying it is a hard no, based on our experience.  We sailed on the Harmony in May with my granddaughter who was not yet three and asked about moving her up to the next level because she had been completely potty-trained for around six months and is in the "older kids" group at her daycare.  They were overwhelmed with the number of children sailing that were nursery-aged so they allowed her to move up.  Note:  child must be able to go to restroom alone, without assistance 

Edited by lmp29
missing info

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, lmp29 said:

I have to disagree with those saying it is a hard no, based on our experience.  We sailed on the Harmony in May with my granddaughter who was not yet three and asked about moving her up to the next level because she had been completely potty-trained for around six months and is in the "older kids" group at her daycare.  They were overwhelmed with the number of children sailing that were nursery-aged so they allowed her to move up.  Note:  child must be able to go to restroom alone, without assistance 

Is this something that most three-year-olds can do?  Some of them are kinda tiny to be able to climb up onto the pot all by themself...  (I’m Grimacing at the thought of a little tyke grabbing all over the toilet seat & then running back into the play area and touching all the Legos...)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, styxfire said:

Is this something that most three-year-olds can do?  Some of them are kinda tiny to be able to climb up onto the pot all by themself...  (I’m Grimacing at the thought of a little tyke grabbing all over the toilet seat & then running back into the play area and touching all the Legos...)

Yes, the MUST be able to potty completely independently - including pulling clothing up and down and wiping. AO staff will not help them. They have kid size potties I believe. 

6 hours ago, styxfire said:

I would say yes, the preschool my kids attended at required it. At home we had a stool.