BaLcony rooms with no where to sit.

mafw

On 10/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, PrincessLuver said:

Coming soon to the Gift Shops Of Princess.....Blue and White camping chairs with Princess logo!!!!

Buy two and you will get a reusable water bottle with straw.... 😉

ROFLMAO. You and I think alike.  The product of too many lost amenities and services "for our convenience".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DebbieMacG said:

We’ve got cabins with lack of chairs, pools with no steps and drinks with no straws, what next, stand up restaurants and you have to pay for a speciality restaurant to get a chair? 😂

Perhaps a "virtual" cruise where you report to the pier, are shuttled to a warehouse and fitted with a virtual reality headset for 7 days.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

If a chair is important due to medical reasons, then make sure to book a premium balcony that has a sofa or a mini suite that has a sofa/chair.  Spend the extra money for a person's needs.

Pooh

Pooh,

Maybe be the deluxe balcony or mini suite is out of their budget.  Maybe the person with medical reason does not have the extra money to spend  Not every one can spend the extra.  It is a solution for those who can and want too.  I am sure that you understand this.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, skynight said:

Premium balcony cat. cabins have had their barrel chairs removed.

Then definitely get a mini-suite if you are not on a Royal class ship!  My spouse's comfort well worth extra cost and if have too, just budget more!( which is easier to do if you book waaayyyy out!)   You sure don't want to be uncomfortable on your cruise!

Pooh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Pooh,

Maybe be the deluxe balcony or mini suite is out of their budget.  Maybe the person with medical reason does not have the extra money to spend  Not every one can spend the extra.  It is a solution for those who can and want too.  I am sure that you understand this.

Sometimes, though, if you book far enough out (like a year plus) the extra costs can be saved each week and that way could be done by people who because of needs would have to upgrade.  But yes, I do understand.  At one time I just booked oceanview or insides so I could go on a cruise!  For example, the cruise we are going on to Alaska next July, the difference between the deluxe balcony and mini-suite is $99pp more for the entire cruise.  So we are talking $200.  If booked ahead by 12 months that would be an extra budget amount per month of $17.  So I mean, it is doable, all I am saying.  Again, depends on cruise and how much you book ahead too.

Pooh

• Like 2

I for one am glad they took out the barrel chair. I hated that thing! Always in the way, so I'd push it as far in the corner as I could. I like the idea of putting it in the closet-wish I had thought of that. 

On the other hand I have major back problems and soft, cushy couches are not good! At home I need support like a dining room chair or even an office chair. So for those with bad backs I'm thinking the loveseat in the deluxe balcony and the full sized sofa in the mini suite wouldn't work real well. I've been in both. The full sized sofa is probably better though-seems more firm. If it's just to have somewhere to sit and bad backs aren't an issue , then either cabin would work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Sometimes, though, if you book far enough out (like a year plus) the extra costs can be saved each week and that way could be done by people who because of needs would have to upgrade.  But yes, I do understand.  At one time I just booked oceanview or insides so I could go on a cruise!  For example, the cruise we are going on to Alaska next July, the difference between the deluxe balcony and mini-suite is $99pp more for the entire cruise.  So we are talking $200.  If booked ahead by 12 months that would be an extra budget amount per month of $17.  So I mean, it is doable, all I am saying.  Again, depends on cruise and how much you book ahead too.

Pooh

I understand what you are saying about booking in advance it can really help with the price.  It is doable for some, but for me, I really don't know what is doable for others.  All I am saying, if people have a budget and they have to strictly stick to it, they are only going to pay what they can afford, be it over a year to save for it or a life time.

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Then definitely get a mini-suite if you are not on a Royal class ship!  My spouse's comfort well worth extra cost and if have too, just budget more!( which is easier to do if you book waaayyyy out!)   You sure don't want to be uncomfortable on your cruise!

Pooh

Sometimes easier said than done for some people.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I for one am glad they took out the barrel chair. I hated that thing! Always in the way, so I'd push it as far in the corner as I could. I like the idea of putting it in the closet-wish I had thought of that. 

On the other hand I have major back problems and soft, cushy couches are not good! At home I need support like a dining room chair or even an office chair. So for those with bad backs I'm thinking the loveseat in the deluxe balcony and the full sized sofa in the mini suite wouldn't work real well. I've been in both. The full sized sofa is probably better though-seems more firm. If it's just to have somewhere to sit and bad backs aren't an issue , then either cabin would work.

So because you hate the thing Princess should not provide it for those who used it and enjoyed it. It seems easier to put it in the closet than to try and get one for those who like them. Or in the case of some ships none are available.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

8 minutes ago, Potstech said:

PoohUnderstands just does not Understand.  Sorry I couldn't resist.  ;=)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Potstech said:

I agree.  Let me please tell you about some wonderful people that I met once on a Princess cruise.  My DH and I met another couple and started to chat with them.  They ask us what type of cabin we had.  At the time we had a outside cabin, which I told them.  She then ask us how many people did we have in our cabin.  I told her just my DH and me.  They then told us that they were traveling in a group of four couples,  8 people, four men and four woman.  They had four people  each in each inside cabin.  So, they had two cabins with four people in each cabin.  They said if they did not do it that way, they would not be able to afford to come on a cruise.  She said that they all had to budget their cruise money.  And it took them time to save up for the cruise cost.

They were wonderful people.  Very happy to be on board.  I was very thankful after speaking with them, that we can cruise.

I have never forgot them, or seeing how happy they were to be on board.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Potstech said:

So because you hate the thing Princess should not provide it for those who used it and enjoyed it. It seems easier to put it in the closet than to try and get one for those who like them. Or in the case of some ships none are available.

I didn't say Princess shouldn't provide them. I merely stated that I didn't like it. I'm all for them putting them back in the cabins----and I'll put mine in the closet.

34 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I agree.  Let me please tell you about some wonderful people that I met once on a Princess cruise.  My DH and I met another couple and started to chat with them.  They ask us what type of cabin we had.  At the time we had a outside cabin, which I told them.  She then ask us how many people did we have in our cabin.  I told her just my DH and me.  They then told us that they were traveling in a group of four couples,  8 people, four men and four woman.  They had four people  each in each inside cabin.  So, they had two cabins with four people in each cabin.  They said if they did not do it that way, they would not be able to afford to come on a cruise.  She said that they all had to budget their cruise money.  And it took them time to save up for the cruise cost.

They were wonderful people.  Very happy to be on board.  I was very thankful after speaking with them, that we can cruise.

I have never forgot them, or seeing how happy they were to be on board.

I ran into a older man and his wife on a cruise. As we were watching the Superbowl on the MUTS his wife decided it was time to go to bed.  Talking to him later I found out they had saved all their lives for a cruise and was finally able to do it in an Interior. He asked how many cruises we had been on and all I would tell him was it was more than one. He was so afraid of losing his lounge chair to go to the bathroom and get something to eat as he saw when our wives left people immediately took their places.  I told him I would save his place until he got back. He said he and his wife were both in their mid eighties. So there are cruisers who can not afford to upgrade their cabins just to get an extra chair. But then some just think all can spend more and more with the drop of a hat.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I didn't say Princess shouldn't provide them. I merely stated that I didn't like it. I'm all for them putting them back in the cabins----and I'll put mine in the closet.

Princess is saying they will not provide them on some ships.  For some reason unknown to mankind.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, mafw said:

This is a point that should be brought up.....FALSE ADVERTISING.   Should we maybe think about a CLASS ACTION SUIT...   Why have all pictures shown for BALCONY SUITES with a barrel chair SHOWN......... and then find out no chairs and NO WHERE TO SIT???????

Most of my cruises have had changes prior to boarding that were downgrades . Some were minor (inferior or eliminated pillow chocolates) , others more significant . NCL banned bringing on all water and beverages , Celebrity greatly reduced Aqua perks both after booking . Not pleased but I never thought of a class action suit . 

On 10/22/2019 at 9:51 PM, jean s said:

Has anyone asked what the reason was for removing the barrel chairs?

On 10/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, jennybenny said:

I haven't asked. I suspect money is a big motivator and perhaps cabins will start to be designed a little bit smaller and won't fit.  

Loss of the tub chair is not an issue I care about but like jean have no idea why it was eliminated . Removing a chair that was already there makes no sense to me . 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

If a chair is important due to medical reasons, then make sure to book a premium balcony that has a sofa or a mini suite that has a sofa/chair.  Spend the extra money for a person's needs.

Pooh

13 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

I disagree. Once should not have spend hundreds of $$$ more on a cruise just to get a chair so that two people have a place to sit in a cabin.

• Like 8